Just wanted to say Hi and help???

Hi all My name is Nick I just joined the forum today and wanted to introduce my self.

I'm a Quincy resident and am currently getting my class a. I was told all that was left was the Chiefs approval. So if all goes well I will have my class a some time next week.

A little about my self.
I moved here from Texas in the end of 2005, I know I'm crazy for doing so.

I'm trying to find gun shops that sell ar15 post ban lower receivers though.

So far all I have found is Four seasons firearms but I'm looking for other options.

Thanks,

Nick

Just as an FYI: the sun never set on the AWB in MA. Post ban stuff is still "current ban" when talking about MA.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I was told about that by the guy who did my safety course about that. Isn't post ban all thats available new in the state?

Nick

If you are looking for "post ban" lower receiver you should be able to get just about anything you want - there isn't anything much different (to my knowledge) on a post ban receiver vs. a pre-ban receiver - except the serial number.

Four Seasons has stripped lower receivers and complete lowers. You could also try Collectors in Stoneham, although they can be a bit curmudgeonly, and also try the Shooters Box: http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/ , the store situation is a little different, but the owner was great to deal with when I talked to them. Zero Hour down in Easton has a lot of stuff too and should be able to get you AR lowers.

You should be able to get pretty much any lower you want - you will have to have it shipped to an FFL though to do the transfer.

All of the "post ban" changes are independent of the bare lower - stock, no flash hider, mag capacity, etc.

The MA Assault Weapon Ban limits mag capacity to 10 rounds.

They do not ban pre-ban mags though - so I believe it is legal to use a pre-ban mag in a post-ban assembled rifle.

The forums on MA laws should have some info on this.

They do not ban pre-ban mags though - so I believe it is legal to use a pre-ban mag in a post-ban assembled rifle.

Yeah, that's correct. You can use any size mag you want on any pre-ban or MA compliant post-ban AR, as long as the mag was manufactured before Sept '94. If the mag was manufactured after Sept '94, 10 rounds is the max legal size.

Thanks for that info.

So what is the largest mag you can put on one?

Nick

Any magazine capacity is allowed in MA subject to some simple (even if stupid) restrictions:

1) Magazines with capacity>10 must be "pre-ban" meaning pre-1998 federal AWB unless you are a LEO. (NB: This includes magazines that you brought with you into the state from Texas!! Also be aware that any firearm that falls under the AWB that you brought with you must be "converted" or otherwise disposed of or you are in violation.)
2) You must be properly licensed. Class B will do for high capacity rifles (like the AR you are after), Class A for high cap pistols.

Welcome! MA laws are not sensible. Spend some time on the GOAL web site for better understanding, and take the effort to read the actual text of the "MGL's" (Mass General Laws) that are references. It's a PITA, but worth it in the end.

Matt

Last edited:
Hi all My name is Nick I just joined the forum today and wanted to introduce my self.

I'm a Quincy resident and am currently getting my class a. I was told all that was left was the Chiefs approval. So if all goes well I will have my class a some time next week.

A little about my self.
I moved here from Texas in the end of 2005, I know I'm crazy for doing so.

I'm trying to find gun shops that sell ar15 post ban lower receivers though.

So far all I have found is Four seasons firearms but I'm looking for other options.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Nick,

So what's the story in Quincy these days, has Crowely left? Are you going for CCW or hunting and target?

In terms of gun shops, Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth is close to you, but FS has better prices and (with the exception of Phil at HTP who is a good guy) much better customer service.

Lots of nice rifles in the classified here, also check out Zero Hour Arms in Easton.

Nick,

Welcome to the forum! You're not crazy for moving here - just a little deranged... [smile]
You can get yourself a preban lower, build up the gun you want, (as long as it's compliant - no bayo lug no flash suppressor no collapsable stock). You can then run preban high cap mags. A good place to get a lower is www.anvilarms.com We just did a group buy in the members section and Jon at Anvil will hook you up - even customize it with a laser engraved logo of your choice.

I hope among your list of things to do is to go GREEN and get the full benefits of membership here. It's the best $19.00 you can spend. We do group buys, meet-n-greets and members only shoots. Hope to see you there and welcome again...[cheers]

Welcome to the asylum, Nick! As everyone above said, join GOAL, they're a great organization. Do your homework on the myriad of confusing and contradictory laws here. If you're ever out towards central Mass, there are quite a few good shops out this way, and I extend an open invitation to shoot at the club I belong to. Lastly, go green

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5103

your wallet may not respect you in the morning but the benefits are incredible!

Last edited:
Nick,

I hope among your list of things to do is to go GREEN and get the full benefits of membership here. It's the best $19.00 you can spend. We do group buys, meet-n-greets and members only shoots. Hope to see you there and welcome again...[cheers]

I will be very soon.

Nick

Hey Nick,

So what's the story in Quincy these days, has Crowely left? Are you going for CCW or hunting and target?

In terms of gun shops, Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth is close to you, but FS has better prices and (with the exception of Phil at HTP who is a good guy) much better customer service.

Lots of nice rifles in the classified here, also check out Zero Hour Arms in Easton.

Im getting class a hunting and target class a and unfortunaly Crowley is still here.

But he has layed off on people lattely because he's been taking allot of heat for denieing people licenses and when Phalen lost the mayors race [rofl]

Nick

Welcome to our Redneck haven where according to some well known celebrities, we are a bitter group that cling to our guns and religion because we are frustrated with the Federal Government and that helps to describe why we are against others that are different from us.

Your not different, are you Nick?

Welcome aboard first off, pre-ban lower is the way to go, flash hiders, collapsible stock, bayonet lug all depend which band the lower follows under... definately go pre-ban...
your LTC Class A for sporting and target, don't get caught carrying for personal protection you are restricted to just what it says sport & target....

Trust me I know that one. I would have gone for ltc but I had no real reason to have it and I didn't want to deal with the headache of trying to get it.

Nick

Welcome to our Redneck haven where according to some well known celebrities, we are a bitter group that cling to our guns and religion because we are frustrated with the Federal Government and that helps to describe why we are against others that are different from us.

Your not different, are you Nick?

I'm not diffrent I fit in real well back in Texas LOL[smile]

I wish we were a shall issue state, but even some of them have some fd laws too...
they get you no matter were you live....

A gun enthusiast actually moved INTO MA from Texas? What did they take back the Alamo or something?

Na just temporary lose of sanity [smile]

Nick

Well is there any way you can go back, no harm no foul?

I'm only kidding, truth is we should be more then welcoming your kind. It's the kind we need if there's any hope for us left at all. Please vote, join GOAL, write legislators and representatives, talk to the liberals in your life about these things, etc.

Good to have you here.

I'm already an nra member and I just signed up my fiancee goal will be next.

She is from here but she like Houston better so in 3 years when here kids are done with school were moving to Houston.
[smile]

But I do like it here love the history just wonder what went wrong, the land where patriotism started, what went wrong??????

Nick

But I do like it here love the history just wonder what went wrong, the land where patriotism started, what went wrong??????

Nick

That's what's got us bangin our heads against the wall. For the most part, those who now reside in the land of our forefathers are in fact nothing like them at all, and most certainly would not be liked by them. Can you imagine Franklin and Jefferson and those greats and what they would have to say about menino and patrick and obama and the likes? Where did it go wrong? How did a society created by some of the bravest in history turn into a society run by criminal loving cowards?

I work at a very liberal place and one of the new generation hippies was interested in picking my brain about politics this afternoon. We were discussing red states vs. blue states and how the irony is that liberals aren't really liberal at all. Turns out, and she seemed to agree with me despite her political views, that it seems like liberals take away your freedoms and LIBERTIES moreso than more conservative minded folks. Albeit, this isn't true in all cases but certainly in our case and people who enjoy the things that I do, it is true by far.

Anyway, to answer your question on how it might have come to this, I was thinking about it all after talking to her about it and had a few interesting thoughts cross my mind (These of course are just my own opinions):

A lot of liberals seem to be a bit out of touch with reality on certain issues. A lot of them seem to make decisions based on a Utopian world that just doesn't exist. This can include things such as ignoring the reality that crimes could affect them as well and when it does they will be helpless, believing that criminals should be helped instead of punished and if they are then they won't repeat offend, and so on and so forth ( I realize I'm generalizing, bear with me.)

After entertaining these kinds of thoughts I started to realize that there must come a point when these people start to realize their world is coming down on them when they see the crime rates and the bad things happening to good people and stuff like that. So, what is it that they do to fix this kinda stuff and prevent things from happening? Make laws. Laws stop all crimes and heal all wounds. Laws make the world a safe loveable enjoyable place for all. All are equal under the law. It's a sweet little false sense of security that allows you to do nothing to fix anything because you cant take responsibility or any sort of action when you've already tuned in, turned on, and dropped out.

I work at a very liberal place and one of the new generation hippies was interested in picking my brain about politics this afternoon. We were discussing red states vs. blue states and how the irony is that liberals aren't really liberal at all. Turns out, and she seemed to agree with me despite her political views, that it seems like liberals take away your freedoms and LIBERTIES moreso than more conservative minded folks. Albeit, this isn't true in all cases but certainly in our case and people who enjoy the things that I do, it is true by far.

Anyway, to answer your question on how it might have come to this, I was thinking about it all after talking to her about it and had a few interesting thoughts cross my mind (These of course are just my own opinions):

A lot of liberals seem to be a bit out of touch with reality on certain issues. A lot of them seem to make decisions based on a Utopian world that just doesn't exist. This can include things such as ignoring the reality that crimes could affect them as well and when it does they will be helpless, believing that criminals should be helped instead of punished and if they are then they won't repeat offend, and so on and so forth ( I realize I'm generalizing, bear with me.)

After entertaining these kinds of thoughts I started to realize that there must come a point when these people start to realize their world is coming down on them when they see the crime rates and the bad things happening to good people and stuff like that. So, what is it that they do to fix this kinda stuff and prevent things from happening? Make laws. Laws stop all crimes and heal all wounds. Laws make the world a safe loveable enjoyable place for all. All are equal under the law. It's a sweet little false sense of security that allows you to do nothing to fix anything because you cant take responsibility or any sort of action when you've already tuned in, turned on, and dropped out.

Hey waht do I know I'm just some typical bitter white guy [smile]

Just remember that liberals think we are all to stupid to know whats best for are selfs, but they do [rofl]

Nick

Back
Top Bottom