Just Sent FL Non Resident License. Anyone Else?

when i try and submit the application, it says they cant and i need to call, anyone have a problem with it?

The application cannot be submitted online. You need to fill out the paperwork and mail it back...old school. There is a packet of material to go back. Application, passport photos, copies of LTC, copies of DL, finger print cards, and check IIRC. The envelope they send you everything in has a list of all the required components on it's flap.

sorry, i think i phrased it wrong..i went to order the cards and app package, i fill out all my mailing info, then try to submit the order, then i get the error..

The application cannot be submitted online. You need to fill out the paperwork and mail it back...old school. There is a packet of material to go back. Application, passport photos, copies of LTC, copies of DL, finger print cards, and check IIRC. The envelope they send you everything in has a list of all the required components on it's flap.

i think you were correct..

Thank you for your application request. Please retain this information for your records.
You should receive the requested item(s) within 10 business days.

Date Requested
05/11/2011

Maybe there's a temporary glich on their web site. I suggest you try to access it later.
Best Regards.

Just sent my application notarized of course , fingerprint card, etc so we can track how long it takes now, mine was mailed yesterday April 21st 2011 so this way we can all see just how long it will take now! I also sent for my CT non-resident permit yesterday, so we can see who is faster with their processing! [laugh][hmmm][rolleyes]

Got my CT non-res permit in today's mail! and found out my Florida was mailed also! so it should be here soon now! :)

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been answered (I searched and found nothing). Will FL issue a non-resident license to someone with "sport/target no concealed carry" MA LTC-A?

Apologies if this has already been answered (I searched and found nothing). Will FL issue a non-resident license to someone with "sport/target no concealed carry" MA LTC-A?

To my knowledge, FL does not recognize or use those types of restrictions. That should not impact your FL license. I don't know of any states besides MA (at least ones that will give out non-res licenses) that place any restrictions on it. Doesn't mean they're not out there, I just don't know of it.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you even have to enclose a copy of your state license? It's not just a reciprocity checklist sort of thing they're going through, FL makes no bones about whether you're a resident or non-resident. It's the same license they issue for everybody.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you even have to enclose a copy of your state license? It's not just a reciprocity checklist sort of thing they're going through, FL makes no bones about whether you're a resident or non-resident. It's the same license they issue for everybody.

Honestly, I've submitted so many applications in the past 6 months that they bleed together but I THINK I had to send a photocopy of my MA license. Again though, I don't think FL has an provision for restrictions like MA does.

Honestly, I've submitted so many applications in the past 6 months that they bleed together but I THINK I had to send a photocopy of my MA license. Again though, I don't think FL has an provision for restrictions like MA does.

You DO have to send a copy of your MA license, but I just finished reading the Florida "info" again and I did not see any provisions listed in the paperwork.

I called them up and made an appointment. I asked twice about what I needed for a "non-resident" license. Twice she replied with "Are you a US citizen?"

Looks like all you need to bring is a picture ID, a training document (NRA Basic Pistol will do), and a check.

I just downloaded a copy of the application and scanned through it, there's nothing in there that says you have to provide a copy of your own state's CCW license. Having a CCW license from your state isn't even a requirement to get a FL CCW license.

I just downloaded a copy of the application and scanned through it, there's nothing in there that says you have to provide a copy of your own state's CCW license. Having a CCW license from your state isn't even a requirement to get a FL CCW license.

Unless I missed something, I agree, but I find that a bit strange...

In a good way. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom