Just Got Your LTC : What Were Your First Purchases

I first purchased a S&W Model 10-5, and I still love it. I'm only 28 but I'm an "old soul" when it comes to guns, revolvers are my favorite thing ever. Ideally I wanted a 686 but they were 3 times the price, so I decided to get the 10 when I saw it used.

S&W pro series subcompact 1911 bought and paid for while waiting till LTC came in and picked it up right after it was in my hands...

First was a walther pps, second a h&k p30s, for the first ones being fully ambidextrous was a requirement so my wife can use them, had that not been i would likely have a sig or 3

NOV 1st (this year) picked up ltc @ 1pm by 5pm in the afternoon had sig p250c (9mm), Remington 870 (12G) , savage 10 (.308), mp 15-22 from 3 different Stores. * side note slept on the couch that night... now looking for a good club to join

I've been a regular shooter since I was 12, but didn't get around to going for my permit until I was 25. I had a lot of trigger time at that point, having rented just about everything at MFL (this was before the brown ave location existed), and had shot many friends' and family members' guns too. Actually owned a few family hand-me-downs but didn't carry without permit of course.
Well once I knew it was in the mail I started shopping for my first LGS purchase. I knew I wanted a S&W 1911, and my first stop was Four Seasons. I looked no further. Jeff's wife had a Ltd edition sw1911 for sale there and it was love at first sight. Not only is it a sw1911 which I had grown to love, but in polished stainsless with sweet grips too. I put a down payment on it that day, and had it paid for ahead of time, so the actual day my license arrived I went and picked it up :D
My collection has grown SIGNIFICANTLY since then, but years later it is still very honestly my #1 favorite gun I own, and my off-duty ccw. Shoots like a dream. I hope to get into idpa sooner than later, and it'll be the gun I use.

My first purchase was an LC9 and a MKIII. I don't like it much I still really need to get someone to do a trigger job on it. Speaking of which anyone know who is decent at that work in SE Mass? Pulling back to the

I had Dave Santurri do some work on my MIII. Volquartsen trigger and ejector. Before he worked on it, it was stovepipe machine. Thousands of rounds later it is rolling along fine.

17 years ago....I walked out of Carrs sporting goods with an S&W Sigma .40.

Traded it in for a Glock 23C.That I still own and has never been fired.150+ Guns later the addiction is still strong.

17 years ago....I walked out of Carrs sporting goods with an S&W Sigma .40.

Traded it in for a Glock 23C.That I still own and has never been fired.150+ Guns later the addiction is still strong.

I got my first at carr's a couple years ago. It was a m&p range kit. I still stop in from time to time to see if anything interesting shows up and I end up timing it right.

My first were over 20 years ago in NV (no permits): Walther PPK/S and a pair of Ruger MKII for desert plinking (none of which I have anymore).

Last edited:
Haven't had to buy any new firearm. My sister gave me her
S&W 6904. Then I also have my fathers High standard double nine, s&w snubby 38 revolver,
Ruger Blackhawk, a 1911 style Llama .45, and my grandfathers s&w model 15-2.
Have my marlin 22 rifle I got around 1984, and we have a half dozen rifles
and shotguns also were my dads and all were purchased between the 1950's and 1970's.

S&W 638. We lived close to the Mexican border so this was carry, home and wife friendly.
Soon traded it for a Mossberg 835 (turkey/home defense) and bought my Glock 27 for carry. And I've been poor since cuz I'm an addict. But hey, there's worse things

Day 1 had a few guns given to me buy dad.. then a p22 then a Mossberg 500 field deer.. then shit.... where all my money go....

Back
Top Bottom