Just a Little Tease: Comm2A's New Project

So another question, since Village Vault is actually being prosecuted for defrauding the Commonwealth, is it possible to get a court order/injunction (whatever the term is) that prohibits all PDs from working with them until the case is resolved? Why should they be allowed to continue to defraud while this is being litigated?

So another question, since Village Vault is actually being prosecuted for defrauding the Commonwealth, is it possible to get a court order/injunction (whatever the term is) that prohibits all PDs from working with them until the case is resolved? Why should they be allowed to continue to defraud while this is being litigated?

They are being sued by the Plaintiffs, not prosecuted on behalf of any law enforcement agency. I would think that makes a difference.

All my customers are storing stainless scrap long term right now because the price is so low. They still ditch mild steel becuase the carry cost is too high.

Is is possible for any of the police personnel implicated in this case to be held personally liable for paying out any of the damages? I'm more interested in Dowd going down, but I'd like to see some pain inflicted upon the individuals in the police departments who took part in this scheme as well. If the cities/towns wind up paying out then it just punishes the taxpayers, not the individuals responsible.

True, but not to the point where one has to pay for disposal of steel. Household recycling maerial now is an economic bad (negative value) rather than a good.
I absolutely agree. Here in the US we will find a way domestically if shipping overseas is halted. The recycle debacle will continue to haunt every municipal sector until the flow overseas completely stops. Hopefully the “holy grail” 100% plastic recycle story is more than just a story.

Maybe Duterte will invade Canada as he warned due to the ships laden with Canada’s trash dropped off in their own ports?

speaking with a local FFL this am, he said Dowd has had his license pulled by the ATF, last year, i don't have confirmation, but was hoping this is true as well. any current FFLs want to check if his two Licenses are current?

You can just download a copy of the whole database and do a search, the link is on the upper right of that ez check page

You can just download a copy of the whole database and do a search, the link is on the upper right of that ez check page
the master list i found was from 5/2018, and showed both licenses as active. not sure where to find a more current list?

thanks for the help, i was able to find the ez check and it does appear that both FFL associated with him are invalid!

If he doesn’t have a current FFL, how could he still be in business?

Anyone know why the ATF pulled his license? Curiouser and curiouser.

how is this NOT also a criminal action? I realize that would mean the DA would have to file criminal charges. maybe this is one of those crimes no longer charged

how is this NOT also a criminal action? I realize that would mean the DA would have to file criminal charges. maybe this is one of those crimes no longer charged

Because it is being brought by Comm2A. It isn’t being brought by a DA or the AG. As has been described above, the AG’s office has been made aware of this lawsuit and while they declined to intervene it seems that the AG’s office is supportive.

How and why is that in any way a legitimate rule/regulation/law? What possible government interest can that serve?
perhaps some kind of proof that you actually transferred something to the other dealer beyond just your or their word for it?

So these laws were written back in ancient times where there weren't cameras everywhere and email trails. I could see a scenario where an unscrupulous dealer gets a gun hand delivered to him from another dealer and doesn't put it in his books so he can sell it out the back door maybe? The transferring dealer has it in his books as going to the other FFL who lets say paid cash to him for it, but that's where the trail ends if anyone goes looking. Then its one's word against the other and 2nd guy could say there's a bunch of ways first guy could have gotten 2nd guy's FFL info for his books. Having an actual shipping receipt with signature required would shift the burden significantly.

Well, KINDA... more like this crap all came from a bunch of convoluted garbage they put in GCA68 because some of the douchebags who wrote it were offended by the possibility that an FFL might sell/transfer a gun at someplace other than his place of business, etc. Let's do this- I don't want to crap up Comm2A's VV thread with noise that doesn't have much to do with the VV case directly, so let's break it out to gun laws and discuss, if anyone has stuff to contribute with this sub-issue, etc.

GCA 68 restrictions on how FFL to FFL dealers do business?

ETA: @jpm @Coyote33 @StevieP I deleted some of our earlier posts about this to keep the thread from getting larded up, we can continue at the one I linked above. I just don't want us to distract from the core of what Comm2A is doing here. (because this legal discussion could be a 5 page saarlac pit by itself, and this issue is not really a core one to their VV case) :)

-Mike

Last edited:
Rockplace - Dowd may have committed a crime and thus a target of the state

Hardplace - Dowd was inflicting pain on gun owners and thus an ally of the state

I doubt the state would get too interested in prosecuting someone fighting the battle on their side.

Last edited:
30ok4d.jpg

It seems that there are way too many NSN on there. Assuming that is “no serial number”? While it is possible they are old guns. I would question that. Are they not keeping accurate records? Are they all really preserial numbered guns? Or defaced serial numbers?

Back
Top Bottom