• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just a Little Tease: Comm2A's New Project

It would be incredible if this caught the right attention and more things in this state were scrutinized to the point of punishing and making an example out of Massachusetts for the rest of the country to see. One can only hope.
Yep we shall see....

AFAIK the guy is still running around scooping up guns from PD, so maybe he moved the building/business somewhere off rt9.

Could be, the website is still active. I may be thinking of the village gun shop side.

Wonder if the credits were declared as income for MA and Federal income tax by the recipients? Did the business deduct the credits as an expense and provide a 1099-Misc? The the taxman need to do some checking!

I'm especially happy about the section that points out that many other PDs were engaged in the same scheme, and that discovery can be used to discover exactly to what extent it has gone on.

That jumped out at me too. Would love to see if Cohen was doing similar.

I hate to be the jaded one and I seriously hope I am wrong, but with Massachusetts marsupial courts I predict that the system will protect itself. "Look at all those mean nasty super killy black firearms that are no longer in Massachusetts. I can sleep better at night now". Seriously scotus needs to throw us a bone every once in a while. Maybe this kind of nonsense fits under the umbrella of civil asset forfeiture laws? I just don't see this being supported by our left leaning courts even if they know that what is happening here is blatant criminal activity. I feel sorry for the guy who lost his guns to a system that is as utterly corrupt as ours. Plus this only gives cops a bad reputation.

I hate to be the jaded one and I seriously hope I am wrong, but with Massachusetts marsupial courts I predict that the system will protect itself. "Look at all those mean nasty super killy black firearms that are no longer in Massachusetts. I can sleep better at night now". Seriously scotus needs to throw us a bone every once in a while. Maybe this kind of nonsense fits under the umbrella of civil asset forfeiture laws? I just don't see this being supported by our left leaning courts even if they know that what is happening here is blatant criminal activity. I feel sorry for the guy who lost his guns to a system that is as utterly corrupt as ours. Plus this only gives cops a bad reputation.

They stole revenue from the state. The state will want its money back.

They stole revenue from the state. The state will want its money back.
As much as MGL states that surplus guns are to be auctioned off and proceeds to the state's (welfare) fund, policy for many years has been that everything turned over to MSP (per MGL) gets destroyed . . . at least that is what is supposed to be done.

This is in Federal Court, not Mass court. It makes a little difference, but not much.
USDC in MA has been almost as unkind to us as the Mass Marsupial Courts.

As much as MGL states that surplus guns are to be auctioned off and proceeds to the state's (welfare) fund, policy for many years has been that everything turned over to MSP (per MGL) gets destroyed . . . at least that is what is supposed to be done.

I imagine the state would still sell the scrap for revenue correct?

I imagine the state would still sell the scrap for revenue correct?
Unfortunately China doesn’t want our scrap much anymore.

Kidding aside I do think this will change little unless except the result is like an anaconda that squeezes its prey when it squirms a bit more?

Stricter laws as a result?

There are some important history details that are worth reporting at this time. This project has been ongoing for at least two years. Originally we filed suit against Stoughton PD on behalf of Powell whose guns were taken by the PD and subsequently transferred to Village Vault. We kept our participation quiet believing that SPD would respond differently knowing that we were involved.

Much of the credit for getting this case here goes to Attorney Margarita Smirnova. Stoughton PD made a very reasonable settlement offer to compensate Powell for the loss of his guns. However, having caught SPD in a significant lie, she was not about to let this thing go.

The original case was dismissed and we filed the current false claims (aka whistleblower) and RICO complaint after SPD admitted in a sworn deposition to receiving 'credits' from Village Vault in return for supplying them with guns. Holmes, the cop didn't so much admit to this but actually volunteered it. This simply illustrates how normalized and regular are these types of arrangements. We also have much more detail to add to this case as discovery progresses and we go to trial.

The current case was filed under seal and on behalf of the Commonwealth. We had to give the AGO the opportunity to prosecute the case on their own. While they were very interested and not at all happy with this practice, they decided to allow us to prosecute the case. And for all you Healey hatters, this division of the AGO is effectively walled off from the political parts. AGO careerests worked on this case, not the political hacks. We also would have announced the case much earlier, but serving papers on Peter Dowd has been difficult. He's slippery.

The amended complaint can be found here: Comm. v. Holmes. It is well worth your time to read it.
Your level headedness and perseverance is admirable. Stellar.

The federal courts in the 1st district have been operating on the "cuz guns" doctrine, whereas the MA courts add "protect democrats" into the equation. Not only the MSP overtime, but all indictments of MA house speakers have come from the feds, not the state.

The credits went to the town (police), not individuals.

The complaint is about 18 pages long and well worth reading. It answers a lot of questions that have been raised here.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this than we are currently seeing.

Wonder if the credits were declared as income for MA and Federal income tax by the recipients? Did the business deduct the credits as an expense and provide a 1099-Misc? The the taxman need to do some checking!

It’s only “stabilized” in April but month over month decline before that.

This is a great start
MaryPoppinsa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom