Join the GLOCK SIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
glockside_web-1.gif

I made this picture and I thought I would share it with others.

and I am totally going to make some t-shirts!

Last edited:
Glocks are good guns.However,they are ugly IMHO.Are they perfect?No.I like my Mod 23.It works all the time and delivers.I just wish it had an exposed hammer to enable the occasional s/a shot.I also wish the grip was a bit thinner.Putting all that aside,it's my gun I grab at night if the S&*T ever hits the fan.

Glocks are good guns.However,they are ugly IMHO.Are they perfect?No.I like my Mod 23.It works all the time and delivers.I just wish it had an exposed hammer to enable the occasional s/a shot.I also wish the grip was a bit thinner.Putting all that aside,it's my gun I grab at night if the S&*T ever hits the fan.
beg to differ. You must have missed the part on the box that says "GLOCK Perfection "

I've been shooting for a good long time, and still haven't found a reason to put a Glock in my safe. When I hold one, it's like looking down the deck of an aircraft carrier to me. It seems so big and flat, and such a waste of space.

I know they are supposed to be reliable in mud and crushed under tires in snow and mud, but I don't often find myself in that situation. I found myself looking at a nice compact Glock at Zero Hour one day, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how I would carry/conceal such a square black block of plastic, and not look like I was carrying a CB Radio on my hip.

They're just so damn fugly. [puke] They are plastic, they don't completely support the base of the cartridge, and they aren't lead bullet friendly. Did I miss anything.

I owned a Glock 22 for years. I never fell in love with the gun - just a bit of like. I liked it more when I changed out to .357 Sig, but the grip angle never felt right - replacement grip boot and all....Plus, I could never find the pull-ring on that damned thing...[wink]

Those of you that don't appreciate the fine qualities of a Glock... I feel sorry for you. Now before you throw me into the Glock lover category I'll tell you that I love a nice 1911 and I'm currently intrigued with my 686 lately.

There is so much crappy info out there about Glocks it's not funny. They are surprisingly accurate, reliable as hell, easy to maintain and don't blow up. Of course if you want to continue with the Internet myths all the power to you.

The only thing that is true is the grip angle is not like the 1911 and you should not use lead in the stock barrel. If you get wood shooting lead (as opposed to plated or jacketed which these days isn't much more anyway) you can always buy an after market barrel. [smile]

Those of you that don't appreciate the fine qualities of a Glock... I feel sorry for you. Now before you throw me into the Glock lover category I'll tell you that I love a nice 1911 and I'm currently intrigued with my 686 lately.

There is so much crappy info out there about Glocks it's not funny. They are surprisingly accurate, reliable as hell, easy to maintain and don't blow up. Of course if you want to continue with the Internet myths all the power to you.

The only thing that is true is the grip angle is not like the 1911 and you should not use lead in the stock barrel. If you get wood shooting lead (as opposed to plated or jacketed which these days isn't much more anyway) you can always buy an after market barrel. [smile]

Can't argue with that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMEg4y54Dk&feature=channel

Any gun can blow up if used incorrectly, or bad ammo is used [wink]
This actually happened with factory Remington UMC ammunition.

glock4.jpg

glock_kaboom_photo.jpg

Glock21FrameCloseUp_640x480.gif

Last edited:
I was considering buying a Glock 26 the other week. My pinky sat half way off of the extension. Perfect gun for someone with long thing fingers. I don't have banana fingers by a long shot but I still couldn't get a full grip on this thing. I've shot a Glock 17 before and outside of the high cap capabities I shot a hell of a lot better with my SA shots on my Sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom