James Yeager may have ALS

Man......have only seen 1 or 2 of this guy's videos years ago. He doesn't even sound recognizable. Even if it's not ALS, most of the alternatives aren't much better.
I had a coworker whose speech started slurring, and within two months he was diagnosed with ALS. Two months after that he was medically retired, and he died within a year.

Horrible, horrible disease.

View: https://youtu.be/xpDEBRpegm0

Love the guy or hate him, still wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy. I've personally seen two people, one a family member, die from it, it isn't fun.

Don’t really know this guy. But for me to say I wouldn’t wish something on my worst enemy would be a lie.

There is a lot of crap I would most definitely wish on my worst enemies….and have wished it on them.

No successes to speak of to date but I am hopeful some will come to fruition soon.

jeez, rip james. i know you won't, you've gone nose to nose with god already, screaming at him the .40 s&w sucks shit. final peace for you, total peace for your family you left behind.

Just by listening to him, the way he talks, it already indicates some sort of neurological disease. Neurological diseases usually have similar symptons.
But I hope he doesn't have Lou Gehrig's disease, nobody deserves that.

Wait... he died already? ....RIP dude, that's sad. My condolences to his family.

Just by listening to him, the way he talks, it already indicates some sort of neurological disease. Neurological diseases usually have similar symptons.
But I hope he doesn't have Lou Gehrig's disease, nobody deserves that.

Wait... he died already? ....RIP dude, that's sad. My condolences to his family.
Yes, he passed on Aug 2 from ALS.

After waiting still for a long period of time, he put the truck he was in, in park. When the fighting started he tried to drive but the truck wouldn't move so he bailed to cover. It is my guess is that under stress that he forgot that he had put it in park and thought the truck was inoperable.

FAR, FAR too many couch commandos passing judgement.
He forgot that he left the parking brake on, so when he let out the clutch, he stalled it. Then he bailed, leaving a wounded teammate in the vehicle. He put himself in a ditch where he had no ability to shoot back and wasn’t even facing the right way. And after all that he holds himself out as some combat master.

There are a lot of contractors who were in country at the time who have been very critical of Yeager’s actions.

This is the same guy who routinely put an instructor down range, between students’ targets, to take video while the students were shooting.

I don’t wish ALS on anyone, even a jerk like Yeager.

He forgot that he left the parking brake on, so when he let out the clutch, he stalled it. Then he bailed, leaving a wounded teammate in the vehicle. He put himself in a ditch where he had no ability to shoot back and wasn’t even facing the right way. And after all that he holds himself out as some combat master.

There are a lot of contractors who were in country at the time who have been very critical of Yeager’s actions.

This is the same guy who routinely put an instructor down range, between students’ targets, to take video while the students were shooting.

Oh shut up. He’s addressed that numerous times and has linked his detailed report. Yes, he f***ed up.

As far as his tactical training, yes, he taught gun fighting. Some people realize range berms won’t be there for a gun fight, some people don’t.

Oh shut up. He’s addressed that numerous times and has linked his detailed report. Yes, he f***ed up.

As far as his tactical training, yes, he taught gun fighting. Some people realize range berms won’t be there for a gun fight, some people don’t.
Sorry, but there is no reason to put a person down range, between two targets. That’s a tragedy waiting to happen. There are many, many instructors who have served in top tier units and none of them do that.

There are certain types of training, like shoot house team training, where added risk must be taken. But your basic square range concealed carry class? Nope, that’s an unnecessary risk.

James was the first one out of his vehicle to return fire from the rear of the vehicle. He moved away from that position because the person in the back seat was taking that position with his fully auto weapon.

He then ran to secondary cover, popping smoke and continued covering his team. The enemy was gone after the initial contact that had ended almost immediately after it started. It was a hit and run. They were simply attempting to suppress fire of an ambush that none of them saw.

Why didn’t they see it? Because “Johnno” the team leader was not watching his AO but instead was having “Camel” back up the rearward BMW with his door open because he dropped his “MCI” (cell phone) out the window. You can hear him say this and the door bell dinging. (MCI had the cell contract)

They never should have been stopped there. That was not James decision. Johnno should not have been dicking around ignoring his area of responsibility. James freely admits that he made a mistake when he tried to accelerate the vehicle thinking it was disabled, when in fact it was in neutral. He made a mistake in the heat of battle and moved to return fire.

The fact is if he had accelerated, he wound have left the other vehicles (the rest of his team) behind. All three KIAs were already mortally wounded. The hard-sided Mercedes was disabled and the driver of the rear BMW was dead. The insurgences were already leaving.

The fact is, that all three men were that were killed, were mortally wounded in the initial contact . In the video you see some fire later. This is the passenger of James vehicle squeezing off rounds as he dies. Johnno shrieks “stop firing!” Because he knows the insurgents have left and it is his own team member firing.

James then immediately moves to cover Johnno as Johnno renders aid to mortally wounded Jay Hunt.

They were operating in two soft sided vehicles and one hard sided vehicle. They were on what was termed “the most dangerous road in the world” at the time. The men killed were in the soft sided vehicles. This was not James decision. They were stopped for an extended time against SOP under Johnno’s orders, not James.

James freely admitted mistakes were made that day. I have yet to see one of his critics post a video of themselves under fire, in an ambush. The decisions that got people killed that day we’re not made by James they were made by Johnno and others above him.

Back
Top Bottom