James Yeager may have ALS

I never understood people having a hatred of Yaeger in the gun world. He's always very direct. He tells you what he likes and why. If you don't like that just go train with someone else?

I've always liked watching his content. Never trained with him. I hope this is something else they find and he dodges a bullet. He's very practical and clearly is planning accordingly for whatever happens.

He's smart to earn every dollar he can with an unknown window like that. Especially since he has avoided cashing in on his channel over the years. He could have made a killing by doing sponsors and reviews for his YT channel.

If I was him I'd milk every dollar to make sure my family and grandkids were taken care of.

A bit problem with ALS is that if you wait too long you lose the option of "doing something about it" as everyone tries to keep your living corpse alive, but it you do something about it too early you can lose some meaningful time. Too bad the papists managed to successfully oppose death with dignity in MA. Perhaps the voters will have an other chance to get it right.

I never understood people having a hatred of Yaeger in the gun world.
A lot of people felt he was a coward and abandoned his team in a gunfight.
I wasn't there, so I have no idea what happened, but I have heard more than one person who were in country at the same time as him who have this opinion.

sad, but...i got a ton of my own health issues. i'll give you my health updates for free, no monthly fee.
theres some exclusive content with Clint Smith and things you get with his channel membership for $1.00/month that are literally priceless, it isn't just a handout. Clint Smith is selling the ranch and he isn't exactly a spring chicken. I think it's just James's way of weeding out people, he doesn't really need the money.

A bit problem with ALS is that if you wait too long you lose the option of "doing something about it" as everyone tries to keep your living corpse alive, but it you do something about it too early you can lose some meaningful time. Too bad the papists managed to successfully oppose death with dignity in MA. Perhaps the voters will have an other chance to get it right.
You don't need permission from anyone but yourself.

A lot of people felt he was a coward and abandoned his team in a gunfight.
I wasn't there, so I have no idea what happened, but I have heard more than one person who were in country at the same time as him who have this opinion.
My perception of that incident (from the video) was that after coming under fire and returning fire, he moved away from the questionable cover of an unarmored vehicle (0:23) to the far shoulder of the road to get better cover.
Then later in the video (3:21) a voice says, "What ya got? I gotcha brother."
It is my opinion that that is the voice of James Yeager.
That means he moved away from the lead car, back to the cover of the road shoulder, moved laterally, and finally arrived at the rear vehicle.
It is my presumption is that he then began to help with the wounded.
The same voice (and other voices) can be heard from time to time during the remainder of the video offering encouragement and assessing the other casualties.

After waiting still for a long period of time, he put the truck he was in, in park. When the fighting started he tried to drive but the truck wouldn't move so he bailed to cover. It is my guess is that under stress that he forgot that he had put it in park and thought the truck was inoperable.

FAR, FAR too many couch commandos passing judgement.

This absolutely sucks ass
This hits me hard as hell
He was my favorite firearms related arrogant jackass.
I literally just found out less than 24 hours ago that a childhood friend for over 45 years is now dead so this did not come at a good moment if there is really any such thing......NOT

Well said. Everyone thinks they would do the noble thing, but the proof in actually facing the choice.

There are far more people who think they would take a bullet for their buddy; stay in a firefight to protect others when they have a safe exit; donate a kidney or liver lobe; etc. than who do when they are presented with the real opportunity to step forward and place themselves at risk.

Last edited:
I never understood people having a hatred of Yaeger in the gun world. He's always very direct. He tells you what he likes and why. If you don't like that just go train with someone else?

I've always liked watching his content. Never trained with him. I hope this is something else they find and he dodges a bullet. He's very practical and clearly is planning accordingly for whatever happens.

Cause he's kind of a dumbass and has taken needless risks for clicks/attention. Putting camera guys between targets and having students shoot at the targets. Yea, I have friends I'd let shoot a target next to me... friends I've known/shot with for years. I still wouldn't put something like this out there, cause it's dumb (nor would I do it). Now having some students in your class do it... also dumb.

My perception of that incident (from the video) was that after coming under fire and returning fire, he moved away from the questionable cover of an unarmored vehicle (0:23) to the far shoulder of the road to get better cover.
Then later in the video (3:21) a voice says, "What ya got? I gotcha brother."
It is my opinion that that is the voice of James Yeager.
That means he moved away from the lead car, back to the cover of the road shoulder, moved laterally, and finally arrived at the rear vehicle.
It is my presumption is that he then began to help with the wounded.
The same voice (and other voices) can be heard from time to time during the remainder of the video offering encouragement and assessing the other casualties.

After waiting still for a long period of time, he put the truck he was in, in park. When the fighting started he tried to drive but the truck wouldn't move so he bailed to cover. It is my guess is that under stress that he forgot that he had put it in park and thought the truck was inoperable.

I think the main gripe was he freaked out, bailed (from the drivers seat of the vehicle), leaving the vehicle stuck in the middle of the road, with no driver, getting shot up, with other people in it. I agree, a bit of Monday morning quarter-backing going on. I don't think he should have "gone down with the ship" so to speak. But the mistake/incompetence that may have directly f***ed the other people in the vehicle, coupled with what at least appeared to be him saving himself, followed by his non-stop douchey posturing on the internet, make him out to be a clown.

Cause he's kind of a dumbass and has taken needless risks for clicks/attention. Putting camera guys between targets and having students shoot at the targets. Yea, I have friends I'd let shoot a target next to me... friends I've known/shot with for years. I still wouldn't put something like this out there, cause it's dumb (nor would I do it). Now having some students in your class do it... also dumb.

I think the main gripe was he freaked out, bailed (from the drivers seat of the vehicle), leaving the vehicle stuck in the middle of the road, with no driver, getting shot up, with other people in it. I agree, a bit of Monday morning quarter-backing going on. I don't think he should have "gone down with the ship" so to speak. But the mistake/incompetence that may have directly f***ed the other people in the vehicle, coupled with what at least appeared to be him saving himself, followed by his non-stop douchey posturing on the internet, make him out to be a clown.
For attention? If you ever trained with him you’d know that everything he does or trains is purpose-driven. But as far as his internet persona, he also knows nothing he says will change your opinion about him or what he teaches, and he doesn’t give the slightest f***.

For attention? If you ever trained with him you’d know that everything he does or trains is purpose-driven. But as far as his internet persona, he also knows nothing he says will change your opinion about him or what he teaches, and he doesn’t give the slightest f***.

Lol. I’d love to see the risk mitigation process that results in the conclusion that it’s worthwhile to put a camera guy between targets a student in a civilian class is shooting at (and then publicizing for attention). That’s just dumb. And that’s why I’d never take a class with him. A lack of common sense and guns are not things I want to be around when combined.

The guys a tool, not that I wish ALS on him. His internet persona, whether real or not, is also ridiculous.

Lol. I’d love to see the risk mitigation process that results in the conclusion that it’s worthwhile to put a camera guy between targets a student in a civilian class is shooting at (and then publicizing for attention). That’s just dumb. And that’s why I’d never take a class with him. A lack of common sense and guns are not things I want to be around when combined.

The guys a tool, not that I wish ALS on him. His internet persona, whether real or not, is also ridiculous.
Perfect. See, everyone wins.

Yes, mistakes happen, especially when you are under lethal attack. It is an established fact that cognitive ability diminishes under extreme stress.

The mistake was that he thought the truck was disabled, rather than in park. Other than that, he did what was supposed to be done. He didn't freak out, he got out, got to cover and defended his position and his teammates.

Last edited:
Bumping because James just posted a video that he has applied to go to Ukraine to fight in their new Legion. I can tell from the video his ALS is progressing steadily and I'm guessing he wants to be tested one last time in his life.

View: https://youtu.be/sVQ_YPZJJcs

and do what? Become a liability. That’s the new trend the last few days. Lots of former mil guys are going over from the states.

Back
Top Bottom