James Yeager may have ALS

and do what? Become a liability. That’s the new trend the last few days. Lots of former mil guys are going over from the states.

He's still training in classes, so I would assume he's still good physically/mentally beyond his speech issues. If I had four months left, I'd prolly take risks too.

My grandfather passed from ALS. Nasty disease. I pray we can make some progress in treating ALS 🙏
sorry brother. My grandfather passed from Alzheimer's/dementia. I wouldn't wish those diseases on anyone.

He's still training in classes, so I would assume he's still good physically/mentally beyond his speech issues. If I had four months left, I'd prolly take risks too.
Sure if I was single too. Dude has a family, spend the time with them instead of fighting for the UKRs oligarchs that will be back in power after this shit is over.

Lots of former mil guys are going over from the states.
yep, seriously, if i were younger and had mil training and was battle tested i would go also. but overweight, middle aged guys that only put on their plate carrier once...when they tried it for fit the day they bought it, just don't cut it. i'm not talking about yeager, but the wannabe mercenaries every gun club owns now.

This absolutely sucks ass
This hits me hard as hell
He was my favorite firearms related arrogant jackass.
I literally just found out less than 24 hours ago that a childhood friend for over 45 years is now dead so this did not come at a good moment if there is really any such thing......NOT
Same here- he can be an arrogant SOB but he's still a favorite as far as firearms entertainment goes. Even if I completely disagree with his point, he's always worth a watch.

yep, seriously, if i were younger and had mil training and was battle tested i would go also. but overweight, middle aged guys that only put on their plate carrier once...when they tried it for fit the day they bought it, just don't cut it. i'm not talking about yeager, but the wannabe mercenaries every gun club owns now.
Conflicts like UKR/Russia are COD hard ONs. Perfect example of urban warfare that a lot of people haven’t seen in a larger scale. Everyone is getting hot and bothered about about it and wants a piece. Iraq / Afghanistan where boring by traditional means if you know what I am saying.

Bumping because James just posted a video that he has applied to go to Ukraine to fight in their new Legion. I can tell from the video his ALS is progressing steadily and I'm guessing he wants to be tested one last time in his life.

View: https://youtu.be/sVQ_YPZJJcs

Watched just a few minutes while taking a coffee break. Some good comments. One was regarding preference for rifle issued, "Does it work? Is it zeroed?" Also called the Ukraine situation literally Red Dawn as far as the Russian occupiers go. I'll watch more later, but he almost seems like a different person- less arrogant BS and more focus on the essentials?

Conflicts like UKR/Russia are COD hard ONs. Perfect example of urban warfare that a lot of people haven’t seen in a larger scale. Everyone is getting hot and bothered about about it and wants a piece. Iraq / Afghanistan where boring by traditional means if you know what I am saying.
I get your point regarding the "operator" fap fest. Not about Iraq & Afghanistan. Fallujah?

ALS is an absolutely brutal disease, I've seen the progression first hand, start to finish.
Not a huge Yeager fan, but his first video gutted me.
It effects everyone differently and I hope he gets to stay physically functional for a long long time and gets to maximize his time with family and loved ones.
If he gets to Ukraine, I wish him clear sights and crisp triggers. Godspeed.

Sure if I was single too. Dude has a family, spend the time with them instead of fighting for the UKRs oligarchs that will be back in power after this shit is over.
And never mind the fact that he was never military. And his depth of experience in a war zone includes f***ing things up.

Here’s a pretty good podcast with Yeager where he gets into his time in the sand box and how Tactical Response started.

“his time in the sand box” LOL, okay. The dude is a clown. And his only experience in “the sandbox” is driving VIPs around and poorly executing protection fundamentals when he was engaged.

He’s never successfully done:
* movement and maneuver
* engaging an enemy
* conducting raids
* finding cover that allows effective suppression of an enemy
* or even finding cover that allows maintaining visual of the enemy
* keeping a vehicle in drive when stopped in traffic

ALS sucks. I don’t wish it on him. But he is downright a hazard to Ukrainians there and he should be spending time with family.

“his time in the sand box” LOL, okay. The dude is a clown. And his only experience in “the sandbox” is driving VIPs around and poorly executing protection fundamentals when he was engaged.

* movement and maneuver
* engaging an enemy
* conducting raids

ALS sucks. I don’t wish it on him. But he is downright a hazard to Ukrainians there and he should be spending time with family.
Whatevs. As little as I care about your opinion of him, he cares even less.

* movement and maneuver
* engaging an enemy
* conducting raids

We’re you the to observe is actions or lack thereof?

And from which couch did you form your opinion?

And yet, everything other than my clown comment is an objective fact.
Cult of personality man. Yaeger is an OG youtube personality that brought a lot of people around to guns, mindset, and training. Hero's are infallible.

I have watched his videos over the years, some of them are very good, some of them make my eyes roll into the back of my head so hard I was afraid they wouldn't come back.

What I don't understand is the desire to go stick your nose in someone else's fight, especially when our fight is probably right around the corner.

We’re you the to observe is actions or lack thereof?

And from which couch did you form your opinion?
I can say those things based on knowing PSD job functions in Iraq, analyzing AARs, video, interviews, mapping locations of him, his teammates, and the threats, etc.

And I formed my opinion while actually conducting infantry operations in Iraq, performing the PSD role, and analyzing what went wrong with his element to learn from it. Everyone makes mistakes, but his were particularly bad and caused by the fact that he did not have the professional education nor experience necessary for the position he was in. He never should have applied for that job, but that’s on him.

He has limited real world experience (LE or PSD) and no military experience. And he has yet to show that he can handle a war zone.

My Uncle, and one of my friends died from ALS,when it starts on your tongue like it did with my Uncle
it won't be long before he has a hard time swallowing,then breathing.God what a cruel disease.

Last edited:
I can say those things based on knowing PSD job functions in Iraq, analyzing AARs, video, interviews, mapping locations of him, his teammates, and the threats, etc.

And I formed my opinion while actually conducting infantry operations in Iraq, performing the PSD role, and analyzing what went wrong with his element to learn from it. Everyone makes mistakes, but his were particularly bad and caused by the fact that he did not have the professional education nor experience necessary for the position he was in. He never should have applied for that job, but that’s on him.

He has limited real world experience (LE or PSD) and no military experience. And he has yet to show that he can handle a war zone.
So no?

You’re right. AARs supported by witness interviews and videos are stupid. Can’t learn anything from them.
Were the witnesses in the truck with him? Do they KNOW what happened or do they just think they do?

I am sure that the Ukrainian citizens who he wants to help have lots more LE and mil experience than Yeager.

You’re right. AARs supported by witness interviews and videos are stupid. Can’t learn anything from them.
I get it, dude. I really don’t want to put myself in a position of defending him, I wasn’t there either. All I’m saying is he’s pretty candid about his experiences contracting in the ME, including his f*** ups. The podcast I linked is worth a listen - at least for anyone without pre-held notions.

Thanks for your service.

Last edited:
Were the witnesses in the truck with him? Do they KNOW what happened or do they just think they do?
Some in the convoy and were in the engagement, some who worked with him. Not all relevant to the ambush, but all relevant to his work in Iraq.

I am sure that the Ukrainian citizens who he wants to help have lots more LE and mil experience than Yeager.

That’s the thing, he’s probably not a net positive asset. He’s a liability. “Be an asset to your team” is absolutely vital in military operations.

Some in the convoy and were in the engagement, some who worked with him. Not all relevant to the ambush, but all relevant to his work in Iraq.

That’s the thing, he’s probably not a net positive asset. He’s a liability. “Be an asset to your team” is absolutely vital in military operations.
There’s been an influx of tactical gurus online. Engaging multiple targets at the range with pinpoint accuracy is extremely different from irl battlefield engagement regardless of terrain. It just doesn’t translate at all into actual warfare. It has its place in small scale local events for local …..enter whatever and that’s about it.

Man......have only seen 1 or 2 of this guy's videos years ago. He doesn't even sound recognizable. Even if it's not ALS, most of the alternatives aren't much better.

Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Hope he enjoys these next few years as best he can.

My Uncle, and one of my friends died from ALS,when it starts on your tongue like it did with my Uncle
it won't be long before he has a hard time swallowing,then breathing.God what a cruel disease.
Sounds like bulbar ALS. My maternal grandfather died of this when I was little. Terrible way to go, my grandmother and mom talked about his suffering quite a bit. My memories of him are largely of him being in a wheelchair and trying to talk. :(

Back
Top Bottom