James Yeager is the world's smartest man

Don't forget this

i was just heading to youtube to find this video, glad i decided to read further. yeah, this is the first thing that came to mind. never, ever, saw anything like it before and since. but some of those russian spec ops training films are a close second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man a lot of hard operators in here. I know all of you would stay inside a car that is getting pounded by gun fire. Hell why take cover and return fire. What good are you staying in the car. Yes a team member was hit bad. Staying in the car just makes you a casualty as well. Hard to get shot at behind a keyboard though.

I was probably the last person on the internet to watch that video, and it was disturbing. Granted this was not a military operation, they were mercenaries, but - if that happened in my military Mr. Yeager would have been disciplined.

This has nothing to do with Internet comanods, he finds the most "comfortable" spot and fires away, then shows up and act like he was there all along. The first (and only thing) we were taught is to always aspire for contact, hiding and shooting only means you are letting the enemy plan and close on you, YOU DON'T DO THAT!.

Again, maybe things are different with paid-for-armies, you must get one thing though, judging by simple old infantry criteria - the man showed doubtful behavior under fire, and would have NEVER gained the respect of his fellow soldiers if this was a military unit.
As our commanders always told us "If you are "with me" and when boom boom starts I see you 50 yards back behind a rock - damn the enemy , I'm going to shoot you first. By martial law, I'm allowed to shoot anyone who does not make himself available to take orders, make his shots count, and support a charge . "

On top of that, if you come back home and become a gun guru and tell everyone how to shoot/run/act under fire - if you are what you make yourself to be - the behavior I would have expected to see would have been 180 degrees of what I saw in that video.

Last edited:
I was probably the last person on the internet to watch that video, and it was disturbing. Granted this was not a military operation, they were mercenaries, but - if that happened in my military Mr. Yeager would have been court marshaled.

This has nothing to do with Internet comanods, he finds the most "comfortable" spot and fires away, then show up and act like he was there all along. The first (and only thing) we were taught is to always aspire for contact, hiding and shooting only means you are letting the enemy plan and close on you, YOU DON'T DO THAT!.

Again, maybe things are different with paid-for-armies, you must get one thing though, judging by simple old infantry criteria - the man showed doubtful behavior under fire, and would have NEVER gained the respect of his fellow soldiers if this was a military unit.
As our commanders always told us "If you are "with me" and when boom boom starts I see you 50 yards back behind a rock - damn the enemy , I'm going to shoot you first "

On top of that, if you come back home and become a gun guru and tell everyone how to shoot/run/act under fire - if you are what you make yourself to be - the behavior I would have expected to see would have been 180 degrees of what I saw in that video.
They did everything that you are were not suppose to, and did it well.

In the mil he would have had his ass handed to him before being CMed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

and this:

(at some point I think he is seen ditching the car to the right and running into a ditch, after mobility-killing himself by leaving the thing in neutral... )

There's more to this one than most people seem to be aware of. There are other videos explaining what happened here. It was his fault they stopped due to being in neutral, so that's true, but he didn't run and hide. It was his role here to move to cover and suppress, which he does from the ditch at the side of the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the after action report for the incident being discussed...

http://www.defensereview.com/stories/biap/ERSM Corporate version AAR.doc

Upon the initiation of contact the lead vehicle driven by James Yeager attempted to drive out of the kill zone and was unsuccessful as Yeager had taken the car out of drive placing it in neutral and setting the emergency hand brake which prevented him from driving out of the kill zone during the opening stages of the contact. Upon failing to drive “off the X” Yeager, Mark Collen and Steff Surette evacuated the vehicle. Steff Surette at this point was already wounded and was located beside the vehicle in the prone though he was attempting to remain in the fight. James Yeager fell to the rear of the vehicle in order to return fire and engage enemy forces. According to James Yeager he could not identify enemy forces and thus he attempted to suppress the general vicinity of where he suspected enemy fire was coming from. After having fired an estimated half a magazine of ammunition out of his M4 Yeager broke contact from the rear of his vehicle and maneuvered to the median to the south of the engagement area. Mark Collen also positioned at the rear of the vehicle identified enemy forces firing from a white suburban vehicle and engaged the white suburban with approximately 100 rounds of 5.56 from his M249 Minimi. He then experienced a stoppage and switched to his M4 with which he continued to engage the enemy forces located within the white suburban. The white suburban drove out of sight and at that point Mark Collen provided immediate medical care to Steff Surette.

Concurrently vehicle two, the armored sedan attempted to first maneuver to its front in order to provide cover to vehicle one. Simon Merry, driver of vehicle two, reported that the car was unresponsive as it had suffered damage during the initial burst of GPMG fire which caused catastrophic damage to the transmission. Ian Harris, IC of vehicle two, exited the vehicle as the vehicle was under heavy fire. He then maneuvered to the front bonnet of vehicle one so as to provide suppressive fire in support of the team. Ian was able to identify enemy forces located within the white suburban and fired semi-automatic, well aimed fire into the rear of the vehicle. Ian reported that his fire seemed to be “bouncing off” the rear of the vehicle and, upon interviewing other team members who took the suburban under fire, they believe that the suburban was armored as their fire had little or no effect on the enemy vehicle. Ian came under severe enemy fire whilst he attempted to suppress enemy forces but he continued the attempt to win the firefight. After attempting to move the vehicle forward in support of vehicle one Simon Merry attempted to move the vehicle to the rear to provide cover for vehicle three but again, the vehicle was unresponsive. Simon Merry then exited the vehicle and positioned himself to the rear of the vehicle in order to provide covering fire to vehicle three. Simon in accordance with team SOP’S deployed a smoke grenade to the north of the motorcade in order to mask the callsign.

Vehicle three occupied by Al Johnson, Chris Ahmlemen, and Jay Hunt was engaged as well during the initial burst of GPMG fire with Chris Ahmelmen, the driver, being killed - thus the vehicle remained static. Jay Hunt who was hit in the initial burst attempted to evacuate the vehicle and take enemy forces under fire but was almost immediately out of the fight due to the nature of his wounds. Al Johnson the vehicle IC evacuated the vehicle in order to try and treat Jay Hunt and Chris Ahmlemen. He moved Jay Hunt to a position of cover behind the left front tire of the vehicle and then moved to treat Chris Ahmlemen who was by then deceased. He then returned to treat Jay Hunt who was hit in the femoral artery.

The initial contact lasted 32 seconds in accordance with the video footage taken from a dash mounted camera in vehicle three. Within that 32 seconds three operators were combat ineffective due to enemy fire and related wounds and all three vehicles were disabled either through mechanical failure and/or driver errors and wounds. All three vehicles were taken under fire almost simultaneously which leads to the belief that there was more than one enemy element engaging the motorcade though only one enemy element was ever identified by the members of the team. The volume of enemy fire and the consistency and accuracy of that fire in relation to a callsign that was spread out over three hundred meters indicates either a very proficient enemy operator or the presence of more than one GPMG during the contact.

Enemy forces engaged the motorcade for no more than one minute and ten seconds at which point they had evacuated the engagement area.

Upon disengagement with enemy forces the team consolidated its position with Mark Collen and Al Johnson continuing to provide medical treatment to Jay Hunt and Steff Surette while the rest of the team provided 360 degree security.

He got a little bitchy when Glock didn't let him know ahead of time that the 43 was coming out. He had to learn about it like everyone else and avoided the Glock booth at Shot Show in passive aggressive protest.

I'm sure the folks at Glock were very upset by his absence and protest. [rofl]

-Mike

America has a long history of entertaining, self-promoters with guns. I like that! I do find Yeager entertaining, more so than informative, but 'world's smartest man' title just gives me my daily NES chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom