Is the pre-new-AWB fever justified?

I agree with you guys but dont forget.... back in 2004 when the AWB sunseted a lot of the Dems did not want to touch it with a 10 foot pole because they saw what havoc it created with everyone. So they just let it go.

I am not saying it wont happen again but I think they may be a little more careful this time because of the last one and the heat it brought on them.

maybe.... maybe not.

Would BO ban guns if given the chance, hell yes.

But will he be given the chance? Not anytime soon.

As much as the anti's hate guns, we saw just how much support they had in 2004, which is not much.

Now you have the Heller decision, which means any federal law will have to go up against it. Until the makeup of the court changes in their favor, they would literally be telling Scalia he is wrong, and I don't think he will accept that.

The biggest reason is that its a back burner issue. BO got elected by a bunch of people who think he's going to put money in their pockets. Thats going to take up a lot of resources to pay off. He doesn't have the time or political capital to waste on guns when he's got Iraq and an economic recession staring him in the face.

Lucky for us the country is f***ed up enough that he can ignore guns and still keep the nut jobs happy. Thats a win/win for him. Guns will most likely become a re-election issue, or may become no issue if we get enough case law in our favor.

I think what might work against us is that Obama and company know they can't do anything to give people money,short of writing out bad checks,so in order to bring about this change,they start bringing in legislation like the Fairness Doctrine and AWB to show that they're getting the ball rolling towards a more safe and fair America.

Of course,there is the one factor that none of us can control:the a**h*** with the gun.It's a sad fact,but we have a history of them becoming entirely unhinged from time to time.It would not matter if a lawful CCW carrier were to stop,for example,someone like the Omaha mall shooter as Obama and company have already made up their minds as to what causes such behavior.

The run is on.......

Well it is really starting. I stopped by Collector's Guns in Stoneham today, my office is on the same block so I drop by often. When I walked in, Jack (the owner) asked me if I was looking for an AR like everyone else. I said kinda, what have you got? He had a couple of used Bushmasters, a used Stag Arms carbine, a used S&W M&P and a couple of heavy barreled target type rifles. He said everyone is buying AR's. I asked when he would have some more Bushmasters and he said he did not know. Just knows he cannot get any right now. Sounds like the run is on.

By the way I was not really there for an AR. I ordered the Microtech STG-556 Bullpup that I have been saving up for. Should have it in a week or so.

i went there last week to pick up some more 40 round AR mags, i bought the last 2.

they went through a huge case in only a few months...

Do they still have any of the Sig 556's in stock? I have been thinking of getting one of those.

Hopefully this will die down a little in a month or two. Like many have pointed out: it's not like there will be a ban on the first day of the new administration. There will be time to stock up - and the gun rights organizations will keep us informed if any bills appear on the horizon that look to be a problem.

He'll find out. Keep buying. He's gonna see just how many AR owning votes he's not going to get in 2012 before he signs that AWB

thats like saying a wolf keeps an eye on the flock to see how many sheep wont like him after he eats them.

if hes going to do it, hes going to do it. logic doesnt not apply to these people, not even in their attempts to stay in power

Well it is really starting. I stopped by Collector's Guns in Stoneham today, my office is on the same block so I drop by often. When I walked in, Jack (the owner) asked me if I was looking for an AR like everyone else. I said kinda, what have you got? He had a couple of used Bushmasters, a used Stag Arms carbine, a used S&W M&P and a couple of heavy barreled target type rifles. He said everyone is buying AR's. I asked when he would have some more Bushmasters and he said he did not know. Just knows he cannot get any right now. Sounds like the run is on.

By the way I was not really there for an AR. I ordered the Microtech STG-556 Bullpup that I have been saving up for. Should have it in a week or so.

I must have missed you I was in there today also. Bought a Springfield Armory M1A Loaded.

So if they reinstated the 94 AWB in Massachusetts, what would that mean? I may be dumb as a stump, but I thought the reason why we only got the neutered stuff is because the AWB was never done away with in MA.

Does that mean that like the Deval Patrick election, Obama is likely to have little to no impact on gun ownership in MA?

Tried to pick up a couple LPK's at 4 Seasons this afternoon. They were sold out. At 2:30pm the the place was packed.

They told me the sold 30 stripped recievers yesteday!

Tried to pick up a couple LPK's at 4 Seasons this afternoon. They were sold out. At 2:30pm the the place was packed.

They told me the sold 30 stripped recievers yesteday!

Four Seasons had that many? Wow, they must have got a new shipment in.

MA has the AWB because the state specifically passed a law (the 1998 one I believe?) that says we'll comply with that AWB as it is written. Doesn't matter if it is sunset later on.

If/when another federal one is passed, how it affects us depends how much it goes above and beyond the original. You can be sure they'll immediately pass another law in MA that says we'll comply with the new one forever too.

So if they reinstated the 94 AWB in Massachusetts, what would that mean? I may be dumb as a stump, but I thought the reason why we only got the neutered stuff is because the AWB was never done away with in MA.

Does that mean that like the Deval Patrick election, Obama is likely to have little to no impact on gun ownership in MA?

It would mean we are that much less likely to get it repealed (already a small probability...) and the price of our pre-ban stuff goes up even higher. Right now people can dump their pre-ban stuff for ban/no-ban stuff without losing a thing. In fact, they stand to make a few bucks or more. Once a new ban goes in, they lose that ability and the hoarding gene kicks in.

If we get lucky and nothing new gets passed right away, I'm wondering if the high demand for certain items will ever settle down? Even if the fever is unjustified, just because people think it is is having a major effect on what I can buy and for how much.

I just got back from Collectors 2 hours ago.
My first time there. Nice shop.

Didn't buy anything nice. Just ammo unfortunately. I'm not going to pony up more cash right now. Already have an AR.

There is so much different ammo there its hard to not buy some.[grin]

Due to ammo costs, I'm trying to get my .22LR conversion up and running on my 1911.

So I bought 3 diff types of .22LR. Federal Champion was not cycling well.
And then I bought some 9mm.

Strange though. Remington UMC 9mm was a buck more expensive than WWB.

Due to ammo costs, I'm trying to get my .22LR conversion up and running on my 1911.

So I bought 3 diff types of .22LR. Federal Champion was not cycling well.

Which conversion kit do you have?

AA ONLY runs reliably with Rem Golden Bullets. [My AA kit is for the G17/22.]

Ciener also runs reliably with Rem Golden Bullets. [My Ciener kit is for my 1911.] Some other brands weren't totally reliable, so I gave up and just use Rem Golden Bullets for both conversion kits.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Stock up.
Stock up.
Stock up.
Stock up.
Stock up.

Last edited:
The sky is falling!

Buy, buy buy!!!

This is not a drill! Red alert!!!

Seriously though, I am stocking up on high-cap mags and buying another AR stripped lower just in case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom