Is the pre-new-AWB fever justified?

Where is this from?

The Obama-Biden transition website.

No worries, the fudds are safe:

Sportsmen

Barack Obama did not grow up hunting and fishing, but he recognizes the great conservation legacy of America's hunters and anglers and has great respect for the passion that hunters and anglers have for their sport. Were it not for America's hunters and anglers, including the great icons like Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, our nation would not have the tradition of sound game management, a system of ethical, science-based game laws and an extensive public lands estate on which to pursue the sport. Barack Obama and Joe Biden recognize that we must forge a broad coalition if we are to address the great conservation challenges we face. America's hunters and anglers are a key constituency that must take an active role and have a powerful voice in this coalition.

Cumbersome shotguns and fishing poles now define the second amendment. Anything for defense...not so much so.

Man o Man......every site I check, to get some more AR15 30 round mags....they are all SOLD OUT....of EVERY TYPE of 30 rd mag.[shocked]

I am SO glad I bought 10 of them 2 weeks ago from 44mag.com..[grin].now they are totally sold out of everything....[angry]

Get 'em while ya can......everyone must be buying them to feed the AR's they bought....

Boston Ch. 5 "Nightline" at 11:30PM last night was on the run on guns/ammo everywhere across the Country due to Obamessiah's elevation.

I remember the run-up before Y2K. It was very difficult to get AR mags back then.

DrudgeSiren.gif
DrudgeSiren.gif
DrudgeSiren.gif
DrudgeSiren.gif

Alert! Alert! This is NOT a Drill! I Repeat! This is NOT a Drill!
Stock up on ALL ERB Items While you Can! Time is running out!

The END is near!

dear-god-make-it-stop.jpg

Man o Man......every site I check, to get some more AR15 30 round mags....they are all SOLD OUT....of EVERY TYPE of 30 rd mag.[shocked]

I am SO glad I bought 10 of them 2 weeks ago from 44mag.com..[grin].now they are totally sold out of everything....[angry]

Get 'em while ya can......everyone must be buying them to feed the AR's they bought....

I also noticed the price increase on their mags over the last 7 days. I bought 10 20rd mags for my M1a from them last week. Now I see they are sold out of them and the price has also gone up.

BUY NOW!

I just read this morning on the "change.gov" website in the "urban" policy section that one of his goals is to make the assault weapon ban permanent. Based on that, I think the panic buying is justified.

I hope all this activity and memories of the election of 1994 will slow the ban crowd down a bit, and give the companies time to ramp up production. I can't get too panicked about this as I already panicked pre '94.

I'll bet a beer that nothing will happen until after the mid term elections of 2010

Personally, I think Barry is going to be too caught up in the economy for the first year to even consider going for a ban...it's not on the 'people's priority' list right now.

He's going to be busy...creating a Million new jobs, balancing the budget, dealing with Iraq, providing free healthcare, paying my mortgage, walking on water, etc.

I don't think it's on the front burner right now.

Except he can't really fix the economy, fix Iraq, give away free health care, balance the budget, etc. Once they figure that out, what can they do? Pass feel-good bills like banning guns and censoring radio and the Internet.

Well yes part of me believes that as well but this does not keep me from buying every Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Magazines, and all of the ammo I can afford for said firearms.

I think of it as an investment in the future and in our freedom.

Personally, I think Barry is going to be too caught up in the economy for the first year to even consider going for a ban...it's not on the 'people's priority' list right now.

He's going to be busy...creating a Million new jobs, balancing the budget, dealing with Iraq, providing free healthcare, paying my mortgage, walking on water, etc.

I don't think it's on the front burner right now.

todays survivalblog.com has a lot of news and info, letters written in from readers describing the surge in sales , prices increases, and bare shelves, all across the country...14 day lead times to ship at Wideners, AIM, etc...

Well yes part of me believes that as well but this does not keep me from buying every Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Magazines, and all of the ammo I can afford for said firearms.

I think of it as an investment in the future and in our freedom.

I totally agree! I was in line yesterday putting my order in![smile]

President Elect Obama hasn't even taken office yet and he's already turned his back on the Second Amendment. Shameful!

C-X, that needs a correction!

He turned his back on the 2A WAY BACK when he was involved in Chicago politics, IL Senator and US Senator!

Those stripes aren't going to change just because he's getting the "big house". He told the FUDDs what they wanted to hear to get elected . . . now that it worked, he gets to play out his true agenda.

[Our DA wasn't too happy with me when I pointed out that Obama is a "Daley Politician" yesterday when he stopped by a CHIPS event I was working. Bill and I have been friends for 34 years, he'll get over it. [smile] ]

I think the increase in sales and rush to buy new firearms is partially part of the problem. This shows that the gun owners are expecting more restrictions. There is far less resistance implementing restrictions that are expected.

Just food for thought.

Don't get me wrong I've been stocking up also and may purchase some reloading equipment next.

And those who have tend to ignore those who don't, further reducing the number of those who would oppose further attacks on our rights.

I think the increase in sales and rush to buy new firearms is partially part of the problem. This shows that the gun owners are expecting more restrictions. There is far less resistance implementing restrictions that are expected.

Just food for thought.

Don't get me wrong I've been stocking up also and may purchase some reloading equipment next.

I do wonder if in the long term the excess guns on the streets by panicked buyers who really know nothing about guns, will eventually flood the market for us....then wind up on the streets, used in crimes and wind up biting us all on the ass as the stats for gun crime goes up dramatically. Then also, with so many guns now in peoples hands, we could have a crime drop. Who knows?

I do wonder if in the long term the excess guns on the streets by panicked buyers who really know nothing about guns, will eventually flood the market for us....then wind up on the streets, used in crimes and wind up biting us all on the ass as the stats for gun crime goes up dramatically.

Please explain how guns purchased legally by "panicked buyers" will "wind up on the streets," from whence they will be "used in crimes."

Inquiring minds want to know.

Please explain how guns purchased legally by "panicked buyers" will "wind up on the streets," from whence they will be "used in crimes."

Inquiring minds want to know.

Its conjecture, but I would put forth for the sake of argument that people buying items that they really know nothing about or really care about tend to treat them like junk items that eventually wind up in garages, tag sales, forgotten in attics and so forth. Ergo...

Its conjecture, but I would put forth for the sake of argument that people buying items that they really know nothing about or really care about tend to treat them like junk items that eventually wind up in garages, tag sales, forgotten in attics and so forth. Ergo...

Conjecture? Coming from someone with less credentials than yours, I would have classified your post as coming from a cretin or a troll.

Given what is required to acquire the necessary LTC - which procedure you are well acquainted with - your assertion that guns will then be purchased by those who "really know nothing about or really care about" them does not merely strain credulity; it insults it.

And our intelligence.

Let us review the full import of your premise:

1. Person spends $100+ to acquire the safety certificate;

2. Spends ANOTHER $100 to file the application;

3. Spends still ANOTHER $400-650 simply to purchase a basic, but quality, handgun (after waiting X number of weeks to get the license, IF it was issued);

4. Yet, somehow gets so bored - and profligate - that said owner's barely-used, ANIB gun will "eventually wind up in garages, tag sales" with the old Barbie dolls, blenders and outgrown clothes to be sold at a pittance to anyone with the small sum of cash needed. [rolleyes]

Let us assume, for the sake of argument - or amusement - that your implausible premise actually has merit. Given your knowledge of Massachusetts' gun laws and social climate, how long do you think such a yard sale would continue before Suzy Soccer Mom dropped her chai latte, whipped out her cell phone and called the cops, BATFE and Suzan Wornick?

Maybe Half Cocked was right and some people here have prematurely availed themselves of Question #2's enactment.

Conjecture? Coming from someone with less credentials than yours, I would have classified your post as coming from a cretin or a troll.

Given what is required to acquire the necessary LTC - which procedure you are well acquainted with - your assertion that guns will then be purchased by those who "really know nothing about or really care about" them does not merely strain credulity; it insults it.

And our intelligence.

3. Spends still ANOTHER $400-650 simply to purchase a basic, but quality, handgun (after waiting X number of weeks to get the license, IF it was issued);

4. Yet, somehow gets so bored - and profligate - that said owner's barely-used, ANIB gun will "eventually wind up in garages, tag sales" with the old Barbie dolls, blenders and outgrown clothes to be sold at a pittance to anyone with the small sum of cash needed. [rolleyes]

Let us assume, for the sake of argument - or amusement - that your implausible premise actually has merit. Given your knowledge of Massachusetts' gun laws and social climate, how long do you think such a yard sale would continue before Suzy Soccer Mom dropped her chai latte, whipped out her cell phone and called the cops, BATFE and Suzan Wornick?

Maybe Half Cocked was right and some people here have prematurely availed themselves of Question #2's enactment.

MA is not the only place with booming gun sales and thankfully federal law and that of the other 49 states are not based on the whims of MA politicians and MA voters. Maybe I missed some context (reading and writing on a phone) in this but the speculation seems plausible in many contexts outside of MA.

And our intelligence.

Why thank you for the acknowledgement of my ‘credentials’ in the evaluation of my statements.

However while I agree with you, you have to take the blinders off and realize that this is for the larger audience and not just for those of us in Massachusetts. Of course we in this state take careful pains with the responsibility, acquisition, safety, and storage of our arms –but how much of that is due to the enforcement of our overreaching gun laws and not out of valid concerns for safety or welfare?

You are looking at this I fear from the mindset of our state and not in the overall viewpoint that in many other areas of the nation, you need only a drivers license and some cash to pick up an item that you really have had no training for, no real desire for, no real means of safe storage and once no probable ban hits..gets regulated to a closet somewhere or given away because the wife simply wants it out of the house.

So you can argue with me on a Mass Law level, for which I will not argue with you, or you can look at simple human nature and take it from there. Your call.

Even in VT and AK, where no permits are required, the bottom line is that we are talking about $500 items which the poster claims will "eventually wind up in garages, tag sales" or the like. Next we'll be told the guns will be tossed in the trash (hopefully the recycling bins!).

Which conjecture is, I contend, absurd.

Even in VT and AK, where no permits are required, the bottom line is that we are talking about $500 items which the poster claims will "eventually wind up in garages, tag sales" or the like. Next we'll be told the guns will be tossed in the trash (hopefully the recycling bins!).

Which conjecture is, I contend, absurd.

I didn't see where he specified "$500 items". I've seen cheap Stevens single barrel 12 gauge shotguns at tag sales, better guns than that in garages, and one of my M1 Carbines came from an attic, apparently forgotten. These are all guns that can "wind up on the streets". Haven't you seen the pictures from the "successful" gun buyback programs?

Back
Top Bottom