• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is S&W retarded?

Retarted: Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed.

With the development of the Sig P365, Glock 43x/48/43x MOS/48 MOS, Springfield Hellcat, wtf I S&W waiting for? Don't even get me started on how slow they were to roll out optics ready M&P's.

With the development of the Sig P365, Glock 43x/48/43x MOS/48 MOS, Springfield Hellcat, wtf I S&W waiting for? Don't even get me started on how slow they were to roll out optics ready M&P's.
dude look who's talking you spelled retarded wrong? [laugh2]

And here I thought a retart was a tart that failed quality control and needed to be re-tarted

Dude it's 2021, you're supposed to say"R worded". PC police inbound.

1615257952306.png

The only reason to buy an M&P is that you can't figure out how to get a Glock in MA.

The only reason to buy a S&W revolver is that you haven't shot a Ruger.

FIGHT ME! [laugh]
Amen. I never got the attraction. Owned one. Sold it.

And here I thought a retart was a tart that failed quality control and needed to be re-tarted

I knew a girl in HS who was a floozy. Then she changed her ways and became a nun. After a few years, she left the convent and banged a whole town. She retarted.

Nothing new, how many years did it take for the M&P 45 pistol to come out....ling enough I lost interest.
So for SW the newest pistols I have are a early model 41 and a 4013...

I've modified mine to perfection, but yes, out of the box MA M&P is trash.
The 2.0 MA triggers are much better than the 1.0. M&P is fine for what it is, a $400 full sized reliable, shootable semi. I have both M&P and Glock, I like them both but I wouldn’t lose a minute’ s sleep if I didn’t have a Glock (or an M&P)

The only reason to buy an M&P is that you can't figure out how to get a Glock in MA.

FIGHT ME! [laugh]
I agree on the second point re the revolvers.

I have both Glock & M&P full sized pistols, neither inspires me & I certainly wouldn’t recommend anyone go too far out of their way to get a Glock in MA.

Why would they bother when they can sell M&P Hygeineproducts (shields) all day long? Most people arent total fgts and hung up on 3 rounds of ammo or whatever it amounts to.

I'm not a huge fan of most of their stuff but I will say the M&P EZ 9mm is probably one of the most innovative products to hit the market in awhile. Those do not stay in stock very long at
any gun shop.... it's a very newb friendly gun.

The 2.0 MA triggers are much better than the 1.0. M&P is fine for what it is, a $400 full sized reliable, shootable semi. I have both M&P and Glock, I like them both but I wouldn’t lose a minute’ s sleep if I didn’t have a Glock (or an M&P)
I've got both too, had to do the flat apex trigger on the M&P and sent the slide out to be milled. Still Glock allows you more choice, and preban mags. If I could I'd go Glock line up all the way G45 mos, G19.5 mos, G43x mos.

Why would they bother when they can sell M&P Hygeineproducts (shields) all day long? Most people arent total fgts and hung up on 3 rounds of ammo or whatever it amounts to.

I'm not a huge fan of most of their stuff but I will say the M&P EZ 9mm is probably one of the most innovative products to hit the market in awhile. Those do not stay in stock very long at
any gun shop.... it's a very newb friendly gun.
almost got me there, thought you were being serious for a while.

almost got me there, thought you were being serious for a while.

I am serious, go to a gun shop of any consequence and ask them how long 9mm shields stick around. It's stupid but they still sell like mad, they're often slightly cheaper than the
other guns you mentioned, for starters. I'm not talking mass bullshit, either. Right now they are struggling just to keep products on peoples shelves with the demand going
on. Expecting new product rollouts from, well, anyone this year is wishful thinking until demand starts to really get saturated.

Smith often has a somewhat different buyer demographic, anyways. The fact that they don't have RDS garbage on every gun doesnt hurt them very much. half of their demographic is
fanbois. I mean look at the BG380. The fact that they still sell it and are not ashamed by it, leads me to believe the S&W glue fume sniffers are pretty hardcore. Years ago I never
believed they exist, but now I've seen it with my own eyes... [laugh] on several occasions. It's a big part of their base. I mean all gun brands have branding faggotry but smiths is
actually pretty significant.

I am serious, go to a gun shop of any consequence and ask them how long 9mm shields stick around. It's stupid but they still sell like mad, they're often slightly cheaper than the
other guns you mentioned, for starters. I'm not talking mass bullshit, either. Right now they are struggling just to keep products on peoples shelves with the demand going
on. Expecting new product rollouts from, well, anyone this year is wishful thinking until demand starts to really get saturated.

Smith often has a somewhat different buyer demographic, anyways. The fact that they don't have RDS garbage on every gun doesnt hurt them very much. half of their demographic is
fanbois. I mean look at the BG380. The fact that they still sell it and are not ashamed by it, leads me to believe the S&W glue fume sniffers are pretty hardcore. Years ago I never
believed they exist, but now I've seen it with my own eyes... [laugh] on several occasions. It's a big part of their base. I mean all gun brands have branding faggotry but smiths is
actually pretty significant.
I mean I guess I can't argue there, I will say in the past year or so may 1st time gun owners joined the market so the EZ is like their training wheels. For someone like me looking for sexy, the EZ is the fat chick who has a crush on you. The only reason I own a 2.0 is because I didn't know how to buy a Glock back then. Since I'm proficient with the my m&p, I've spent 100s to mod it, bought multiple holster, mags, and accessories for it I feel stuck. Long story short I either want all S&W or all Glocks and atm S&W is retarded.

I certainly wouldn’t recommend anyone go too far out of their way to get a Glock in MA.

Depends on what the buyers priorities are and how hard they want to run the guns. And what fits the buyer. It's trivially easy to self service Glocks and keep them in the game. Same with 1911s. Other platforms not so much, although Sig has a lot of maturity in the P320 platform and aftermarket players are doing some serious stuff.

If I had to, tomorrow, I wouldn't hesitate to carry an M&P but it would not be my first choice. And it would definitely be a 2.0 model. The 2.0s are light years better than the originals. The original guns are a bucket of meh. (esp with the trigger reset).

FIGHT ME! [laugh]
Respectfully, the only reason to buy a Ruger revolver, is that you haven't shot a Smith and Wesson. I've had lots of Rugers, in pretty much all calibers. The only Ruger handgun I ever liked was the single six, with 2 cylinders. I do like my .22 l.r. smith model 34 much better though. I bought a new single six, 32 years ago and still have it. No Ruger feels like a model 19, or like a 66. No Ruger feels like a 686. For sure, no Ruger feels like Dirty Harry's Model 29. Oh and I like the Ruger bearcat too.

Respectfully, the only reason to buy a Ruger revolver, is that you haven't shot a Smith and Wesson. I've had lots of Rugers, in pretty much all calibers. The only Ruger handgun I ever liked was the single six, with 2 cylinders. I do like my .22 l.r. smith model 34 much better though. I bought a new single six, 32 years ago and still have it. No Ruger feels like a model 19, or like a 66. No Ruger feels like a 686. For sure, no Ruger feels like Dirty Harry's Model 29. Oh and I like the Ruger bearcat too.

Well, theres one other reason. If you work up ridiculous loads in a 357 magnum a GP100 will last a lot longer than a 686 will. a GP100 will fire 357 mag loads that will pretty much kill a 686 in short order. There was a former member here (sa_john) that we had to ban for being a dick but he was an excelling bowling pin shooter. He would show up at the matches with a GP100 with these 180 gr loads he worked up. Basically he said if he ran those in an S&W it would kill the revolver in short order. For the calibers they do make, Rugers are often built sturdier. But they are much more difficult to get a really nice trigger on vs a smith.

Well, theres one other reason. If you work up ridiculous loads in a 357 magnum a GP100 will last a lot longer than a 686 will. a GP100 will fire 357 mag loads that will pretty much kill a 686 in short order. There was a former member here (sa_john) that we had to ban for being a dick but he was an excelling bowling pin shooter. He would show up at the matches with a GP100 with these 180 gr loads he worked up. Basically he said if he ran those in an S&W it would kill the revolver in short order. For the calibers they do make, Rugers are often built sturdier. But they are much more difficult to get a really nice trigger on vs a smith.
This, and Ruger's just don't feel like part of you, the way that Smith's do. I bulged a cylinder on a Smith 629 years ago, working up stupid loads. Smith replaced the cylinder and sent it back, with a note that said," Don't do this anymore".

Smith & Wesson autos I consider disposable...run them until they fall apart,then toss them. Older Smiths are works of art and care should be taken with them as far as hot loads. I have two Smiths that put a few trophies on my shelf in Bullseye...a K-22 Masterpiece and a 19-3, both with 6"barrels. Triggers are outstanding with no rework. I do have a Smith model 52 (38 Master) and it is the only auto I own and again it is a work of art. I love Smiths from the 60's!

Back
Top Bottom