IS NHFC RUBBING KNEES WITH HUMANE SOCIETY UNITED STATES??

I'd imagine that F&G owns incident command of S&R
because when some fool wanders off-trail (or off-cliff),
they're the largest group of state workers who can be trusted to
mobilize and enter the woods without becoming victims themselves.
Incident Command System protocol says that command is owned by the first person to respond, even if they're not certified in anything besides basic CPR.

The bulk of S&R work in the White Mountains is done by volunteers who have far more experience than F&G. The state workers coordinate a lot of it, but they have exclusive access to the radio network (which often isn't all that great).

I'd love it if "North Woods Voluntaryism" was a hit show, though.

Someone on NES once pointed out that the Fire Department pretty much sits at the Fire Station until there's a Fire. They may do the occasional safety inspection of a business, and maybe forensics on an arson job, but they mostly don't go looking for trouble.
No longer true in much of the state. Most FDs also run the ambulance service and listening to the scanners tells me that they are constantly on the run with traffic accident, drug overdose, elderly issues, etc. calls. I know that some cities/towns may contract out these services but it seems most of the towns I'm familiar with use the FD for this, so there is no rest/sleeping on the job waiting for a fire to break out anymore for them.

Hey Kevvy!! Still dodging the question, Why? Why are you folks linking an organization that has on its board members that are opposed hunting and trapping? You make those unholy alliances, So NHFC is following the process of both organizations having the same enemy, so now you are allies to accomplish the means. That of course until NHWC gets what they want and no longer need you. You see, HSUS has more money and political support than NHFC will ever have. Think about who is getting used.

Last edited:
"Why does the Canoe/Kayak/Rowboat Department need to go tearing around town "doing things" to Canoers, Kayakers, and Rowboaters?"

AHM, That would be NH Marine Patrol, They are under the Dept. of Public Safety, Not Fish and Game.

Last edited:
Hey Kevvy!! Still dodging the question, Why? Why are you folks linking an organization that has on its board members that are opposed hunting and trapping? You make those unholy alliances, So NHFC is following the process of both organizations having the same enemy, so now you are allies to accomplish the means. That of course until NHWC gets what they want and no longer need you. You see, HSUS has more money and political support than NHFC will ever have. Think about who is getting used.

Read the about page of the NHWC, If you think that John Harrigan is anti hunting, anti gun, you really should just go back to Massachusetts.

But as I said in a few days ago, I don’t hunt, never have never will but I am concerned about nh fish and games position that if a person is in the woods with a gun they can be arrested for poaching. That is absurd, they need to be forced to follow the law and if not, just disbanded. I stand with NHFC and trust their judgment. You offered this quote

We will work with and cooperate with anyone who shares our goal of changing the structure of Fish and Game to stop the anti-gun activism and civil liberties violations."

As some sort of proof that NHFC is bad.

I agree with that quote and hope that nhfc is successful. Hear me loud and clear, there are hundreds of thousands more self defense gun owners than hunters and nhfc is fighting to protect constitutional rights. It’s not only constitutional carry. NH fish and game also fought (successfully) the decriminalization of carrying loaded rifles and shotguns in cars. Nh fish and game is anti gun from the top down to the bottom.

Last edited:
So How about Hamrick NH Director HSUS, Meade Cadot of the Harris Center, and Geoff Jones. So there are more there than that.

Oh I have spoken to all my reps, plus a few others and they are voting against HB282.

Read the about page of the NHWC, If you think that John Harrigan is anti hunting, anti gun, you really should just go back to Massachusetts.

Anti trapping. That is what all this passionate posting is about. The hunting and guns part is to make it more tasteful.

Before having a working farm I would have thought trapping to be a cruel and unneeded activity that was well past it’s prime but now I see first hand this is not so.

Regardless NHFG has into quite the band of thugs over the past 20 years and that needs to be checked. For the benefit of all...

Nick, it is about all three. Take a look at the make up of NHWC.

Also at one time I was in full support of the Free State Project and NHFC. NO MORE!!!

Why do these people need anything "done" with (or to) them whatsoever?

Someone on NES once pointed out that the Fire Department pretty much sits at the Fire Station until there's a Fire. They may do the occasional safety inspection of a business, and maybe forensics on an arson job, but they mostly don't go looking for trouble.

Why does the Canoe/Kayak/Rowboat Department need to go tearing around town "doing things" to Canoers, Kayakers, and Rowboaters?

I thought this part of the discussion was about "search and rescue".

No longer true in much of the state. Most FDs also run the ambulance service and listening to the scanners tells me that they are constantly on the run with traffic accident, drug overdose, elderly issues, etc. calls. I know that some cities/towns may contract out these services but it seems most of the towns I'm familiar with use the FD for this, so there is no rest/sleeping on the job waiting for a fire to break out anymore for them.

Yeah, the "fire department" that actually "fights fires" is a much smaller thing now. They should change the name to "Emergency Services", or for even better accountability, break them up into police/fire/ambulance/disaster or something like that. People's eyes just gloss over now.

"Why does the Canoe/Kayak/Rowboat Department need to go tearing around town "doing things" to Canoers, Kayakers, and Rowboaters?"

AHM, That would be NH Marine Patrol, They are under the Dept. of Public Safety, Not Fish and Game.

Thank you for this information.

Incident Command System protocol says that command is owned by the first person to respond, even if they're not certified in anything besides basic CPR.
And then they hand off command when an individual in a position of greater authority arrives.

As an example of the general case, as I understand it
in Massachusetts the Fire Department ultimately receives Incident Command
at a Hazmat accident, no matter who got there first.

And to be more specific, one of the best ham radio breakfast sessions
I've ever attended in 15+ years
was hearing a husband and wife with significant first responder training
describe how they were the first (trained) people to pull over when a 2-mom/n-kids
minivan flipped into the median of I-495 at highway speed one morning.
(Ultimately there were multiple fatalities, so imagine the carnage).

Yet P. and D. called in the accident and immediately set to work triaging the victims.
As soon as the first state trooper arrived at warp speed,
they summarized the situation for him, then resumed rendering such first aid as they could,
and gradually stepped back as more emergency services arrived.

The bulk of S&R work in the White Mountains is done by volunteers who have far more experience than F&G. The state workers coordinate a lot of it, but they have exclusive access to the radio network (which often isn't all that great).

Not surprised (thanks). The last I heard, White Mountain rock climbing rescue work depends on (among other folks) the employees at the equipment stores on the main drag in North Conway.

But there isn't some radically different state agency that's going to step in and coordinate wilderness operations. Say, the State Liquor Store employees; they're pretty much limited to topping off the brandy kegs of any St. Bernards working an avalanche scene.

No debate, there. I know an employee of our town's Health Department who is partially funded to coordinate emergency service volunteers. But she's also a flavor of EMT, and spends some of her time technically medicaling at emergencies. And I ignorantly fancy she's worked details being pre-positioned at major events like parades or carnivals.

But to press the analogy, I don't think she lurks around town,
waiting to spot someone with an exposed laceration that needs a band-aid.

I thought this part of the discussion was about "search and rescue".

(This "discussion" has "parts"? It sure could use a Dramatis Personae cheat sheet for all of the acronyms being bandied about. And that's without any thread-jacking).

So How about Hamrick NH Director HSUS, Meade Cadot of the Harris Center, and Geoff Jones. So there are more there than that.

Oh I have spoken to all my reps, plus a few others and they are voting against HB282.

Read my, post again, I dont hunt, never have never will and really could care less if hunting/trapping is banned or not or what role Hamrick plays. The anti gun activism at fish and game must be stopped; if the collateral damage is a sharp decrease in hunting and trapping so be it. Maybe then the hunters will learn they should have stopped blindly following F&G years ago. Like I said, self defense gun owners outnumber hunters by the hundreds of thousands anyway.

As for your reps voting no, you probably encouraged them to vote against HB 282 since you sound like a real fish and game sympathizer.

And you seem fixated on the free state project and NHFC. I have not seen or heard anything from the free state project about F&G and I repeat what I asked previously, have you even contacted NHFC directly and asked them why they think HB 282 is good and why F&G needs to be changed?

You can register a bost, car or trailer in NH if it “lives” there, even if you are a resident in another state.

But if you have an OHRV (dirt bike, ATV, snowmobile) you must present a resident driver’s license to get the resident rate. So even though our snowmobiles never leave NH, and sit at our highly RE-taxed property, we pay the non-resident rate.

Who administers the OHRV program? New Hampshire Fish & Game.

BTW they are notorious for ticketing wind surfers for not having a PFD “On board.” So you see windsurfers on Sunapee with a PFD duck taped to the bow....

BTW they are notorious for ticketing wind surfers for not having a PFD “On board.” So you see windsurfers on Sunapee with a PFD duck taped to the bow....

Are You Absolutely sure about that? That sounds more like "Marine Patrol" Dept. of Public Safety, Than Fish and Game.

Wow!! Hey Granitestater, Your eloquent stating of your position is a joy to be seen. It is nice to see folks that believe that as long as I have mine you don't matter.

Just thinking out loud here, but I would think boats with motors would best fit under RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicles). I'm talking from my point of view, in Massachusetts, but think this would make sense in any other state as well. I'm not sure at all what NH has, but I guess you can apply it as necessary here.

I'm not sure what to do with people in canoes, kayaks, or rowboats without motors who are not fishing or "gaming" (hunting). Perhaps put them under some parks commission or something.

In Mass. They were, Then it was changed to the Div. of Marine and Recreational Vehicle under the Fish and Game Commissioner. Then Came the "Merger" that Combined the Division of Law Enforcement (Natural Resource Officers) and the MRV, creating the Environmental Police. The NRO's did not want that merger. The MRV folks were all political appointments non exam'd persons. Only was empowered to enforce Chapter 90B and nothing else. The NRO's were the "Game Wardens" that worked under the Executive Office of Environmental Affairs. Civil service, hazardous duty retirement, State Police Academy Trained, Empowered to enforce all the laws of the Commonwealth.

That's a mouthful. Then there are National Seashore rangers, beach lifeguards (town? state? federal?) down the Cape. Then multiply by 6 New England states, ...

Back
Top Bottom