Is it possible for my buddy to get his ltc licence back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owning a gun should not require a license. We have the laws that we have here in MA because of all the liberal sheeple that are in power. What this man does with his guns is no ones business but his own. I fully hope he gets his LTC back.

i agree 100% unless he is using that gun to commit a crime and i mean a real crime not a crime by liberal standards, leave him alone

...the Right of the People to Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed. Unless you're occasionally forgetful, in which case you're ****ed.
Sad but true.

I would. And have. I've left long guns in plain view, too. And (gasp!) I open carry! Occasionally, while I'm out in the yard, I'll even bring a rifle with me. O noes! My neighbors might see!
Subtle I live in the suburbs post. This has to do with what that you've quoted me on? You've left one in plain view in a car? If so then I'm sure you're happy you're not the OP's friend!

And how long, exactly, do you suppose "obviously long enough" is? I mean, it's possible that cop happened by mere milliseconds after the OP's 'friend' got out of his car. It's entirely possible that the cop happened by and noticed as the 'friend' was realizing what he'd done and turning around to correct his mistake.
Looks like you answered your own question. In this case it may have been milliseconds.

a) Sounds like you need a better carry rig.
b) Nothing is immune from being momentarily forgotten or left behind. People leave their stoves on when they go to work for the day. You'd think that NOT burning your house down would be a big ****ing deal, so you'd remember to do it, but that's not always the case.
I don't need a better rig, it's called "good habit". I wonder if the insurance company would fight the fact that someone was irresponsible to leave the burner on and not want to pay.

The criminals who stole and used them for illicit purposes, maybe?

Here's a question: what do you think of the charges against the guy from Lowell? You know, the one who had 40+ guns stolen from his vault?
As long as the gun owner did nothing wrong and locked them in a small safe inside another safe inside another safe per Mass Law then I'm hoping he won't get charged with anything and have his LTC returned. [smile]

[rolleyes] I guess 99.9% of the forum here are either girls or sissies. I mean, how unmanly! We want to keep our eyes in working condition? That's ****ing preposterous!
Wow, if you think I'm serious on that one. [shocked]

To get back to your original question.

Sorry, but NO he can not get his LTC, without a Gov. pardon.....which is unlikely.

Good stuff! [popcorn]

To keep with the car analogy... You have to have a license to drive you should have one to own a firearm... [pot]

NOTE: Above comment was kind of... Trollish [troll]

Of course the chicopee cop that left his 4k sniper on the back of his tailgate, and then it fell off somewhere, didn't lose his LTC.

The point in bashing Rick, you and others who out themselves in threads like this is in hopes of making you and others like you realize how effectively you are being used by the moonbats against 2A.

I suspect there are a lot of people, maybe even a simple majority of gun owners who have been convinced they are doing something a little dirty and need to be punished by the state for owning dangerous things...

See above, the matrix has you Neo...

As I said, I would not do it myself and take care to avoid it, but you guys are calling for a lynching party of the OP's friend for a steaming pile of "woulda-coulda-shoulda, ZOMG, the children!" non-sense.

Look, I'm not "outing myself", but I do have certain opinions that may run contrary to your beliefs - that is all. It does not in any way make me anti 2A, or any of that other bullshit you are saying. I did not once say anything at all about a lynching party, or even an opinion on whether I thought the op's friend should be barred for life, that was Rick's opinion. The only thing I stated, and I stand by this, is that the guy was an idiot, and NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF WHAT HE DID FOR US AS GUN OWNERS IN THIS STATE - PERIOD!

Look, I'm not "outing myself", but I do have certain opinions that may run contrary to your beliefs - that is all. It does not in any way make me anti 2A, or any of that other bullshit you are saying. I did not once say anything at all about a lynching party, or even an opinion on whether I thought the op's friend should be barred for life, that was Rick's opinion. The only thing I stated, and I stand by this, is that the guy was an idiot, and NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OF WHAT HE DID FOR US AS GUN OWNERS IN THIS STATE - PERIOD!

Correct, you aren't.

You outed yourself when you said the old guy with the walker shouldnt be able to own a gun.

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse typos and brevity.

Correct, you aren't.

You outed yourself when you said the old guy with the walker shouldnt be able to own a gun.

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse typos and brevity.

Well, I'm not going to get into that again, but let's just say you weren't there, and if you were, you may have felt differently after watching him try to handle it. I was called out because the way I wrote it made it seem like a generalization, but anyone with any common sense at all wouldn't have felt comfortable with this particular situation.

Could this ever happen in MA?

LEO: "Excuse me sir, is that your handgun on the front seat of your car".
Guy: "Oh my gosh officer, yes it is. It must have slipped out of my holster when getting out of my car".
LEO: "Sir, please step away from the vehicle and for the record, please let me see your LTC, drivers license, and registration. LEO takes possession of the firearm, unloads and clears, etc."
Guy: "Yes officer, here is my paperwork".
LEO: "LTC looks valid, please stand by while I verify on the computer. (He also does a warrant search, etc.)."
Guy: "Sweating bullets in the hot sun waiting for the LEO to return with information".
LEO: "Well sir, everything looks fine. Please try and be more careful with your weapon. We'll let it go this time."
While walking away, LEO breaks guy's tail light and writes him up a repair ticket. Routine traffic stop for busted tail light. Done. End of story. Guy goes home and changes his diaper and will NEVER leave his toy laying around in plain sight unattended. Lesson learned.

I had a friend, great guy, family man, has a good job, does volunteer work for his community... One day he left a few boxes of ammo in plain sight (not in a bag) unattended on passenger seat while he ran into a Dunkin Donut to grab a coffee. When he came out a cop car was parked right next to him on his passenger side. If he was to have lost his license for the rest of his life because of this one moment of stupidity would you think that would be justified?

I don't. People make mistakes as long as nobody was hurt a lifetime ban seems harsh to me.

Last edited:
As long as the gun owner did nothing wrong and locked them in a small safe inside another safe inside another safe per Mass Law then I'm hoping he won't get charged with anything and have his LTC returned. [smile]

xzibit.jpg

Some of you (sh)people seriously need to experience life in a Constitutional carry state. It would blow your damn minds. You can even bring a gun onto school grounds in Arizona...no license or background check needed. Rick8325, you talk about people not being responsible enough to own firearms because they <gasp> leave a gun in their car. Check it out, I'm an LEO in Arizona, and our patrol vehicles get shot constantly by dove and quail hunters. Our response...meh, whatever, it's just birdshot. In a free state you can pepper an LEO patrol vehicle with birdshot or bring a gun onto school grounds and no one cares. In MA, you leave your gun on a car seat and other gun owners will hang you out to dry. Some of you people are pathetic.

Suspended or revoked? Either way hopefully no chance. Seems like your friend is not responsible enough to own a firearm. Also seems like he is part of the reason why we here in Mass have the firearms laws that we have.

You are part of the problem.

OHHHHHH GIGGITY I LOVE OUT YOURSELF THREADS!!!

1946387.jpg

I had something almost similar to this happen to me once, only not only did I have the gun with me, un secured on my front seat, I didn't have my LTC with me. [shocked] I was being stopped for speeding, freaked shit, told the officer what happened and what was going on.

It was a pretty simple mistake, and a long story, but the short of it was, he took the handgun, brought it to my fathers store down the street and told me to be a little smarter about it next time. No big deal, mistakes happen. No one died, the world didn't end, I just learned a nerve racking lesson. Actually the worst part about it all was I was in the process of approval for my machine gun license and my father absolutely tore me a new one. It was really embarassing, but imagine that Rick..........I bet I set back firearms rights like 10000 years.

Last edited:
Suspended or revoked? Either way hopefully no chance. Seems like your friend is not responsible enough to own a firearm. Also seems like he is part of the reason why we here in Mass have the firearms laws that we have.

You ever leave your car unlocked? If so I dont think youre responsible enough to own such a dangerous weapon. Do you lock up your booze, household chemicals, or knives and sharp objects? Those have the potential to kill people too, yet I dont need a safe to hold all of those.

You ever leave your car unlocked? If so I dont think youre responsible enough to own such a dangerous weapon. Do you lock up your booze, household chemicals, or knives and sharp objects? Those have the potential to kill people too, yet I dont need a safe to hold all of those.

OHHHHHH WTF! now you dun it, you just gived them ninny sissy wagons an idear! They gonna want all us dum, rednecked, unsafe gun owners to lock dem up too!

Subtle I live in the suburbs post. This has to do with what that you've quoted me on? You've left one in plain view in a car? If so then I'm sure you're happy you're not the OP's friend!
Yes, let the stupidity flow.

We kept loaded guns in our cars that we parked at high school so we could go out into the hills and shoot after classes. Amazingly, I know. However, in some places in this country, there are people who are responsible, and don't require living within a childish society to feel "normal". More amazingly, there are people who actually hate the idea of having to live within a social construct that basically turns you into a 5 year old.

Teacher! Teacher! He didn't put his toy away the right way! He should lose it and never have toys again!

Ah yes, the logic of an angry, jealous, and fearful child. High five bro.

Make no mistake what he did was completely stupid though. Not going to lie. Everyone makes mistakes but use your goddamn brain if your going to leave a gun in the open don't leave it loaded. I hope for the best on his LTC return but he made a stupid accident. It only takes one person to screw up everyone else's freedoms.

Make no mistake what he did was completely stupid though. Not going to lie. Everyone makes mistakes but use your goddamn brain if your going to leave a gun in the open don't leave it loaded. I hope for the best on his LTC return but he made a stupid accident. It only takes one person to screw up everyone else's freedoms.

Yep. It only takes one dumbass asking for more gruel to get the daily ration taken away from the rest of us.[thinking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom