Is it possible for my buddy to get his ltc licence back

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friends lost his licence two years ago for leaving his firearm in his car in the open unsecured loaded and him not around . The police saw it in the car and suspended his licence. Since then he moved to a new green town in mass still . Is it possible for him to get it back and how hard would it be and would he need a lawyer or could he just apply in the new town he is in . And what would be the outcome be likley if he did apply.

Last edited:
Offhand, I'd say that your "friend's" chances are slim to none. Why was he that stupid? He can try one of the firearms attorneys such as Cohen or Langer, they are the best to give the proper advice in this situation.

Are you sure you really aren't the "friend"? [rolleyes]

This is just me guessing, but when he applies for his license in his new town, he is going to have to divulge that he had a license and lost it. When they ask how he lost it, he is going to have to tell them that he left a loaded gun, in his car, unattended, and visible from the outside. I'm betting that most CLEO's are going to consider him unsuitable, whether that is fair or not.

Maybe if it happened 10-15 years ago it would be different, but two years is still pretty recent.

Suspended or revoked? Either way hopefully no chance. Seems like your friend is not responsible enough to own a firearm. Also seems like he is part of the reason why we here in Mass have the firearms laws that we have.

Suspended or revoked? Either way hopefully no chance. Seems like your friend is not responsible enough to own a firearm. Also seems like he is part of the reason why we here in Mass have the firearms laws that we have.

So everyone in a free state that leaves their rifle in a rack in their truck during deer season is not responsible enough to own a gun? ****ing sheep. A city sheep at that. You probably shouldn't drive through Maine, Montana, etc during November you may pass out.

So everyone in a free state that leaves their rifle in a rack in their truck during deer season is not responsible enough to own a gun? ****ing sheep. A city sheep at that. You probably shouldn't drive through Maine, Montana, etc during November you may pass out.

so much win packed into such a tiny post.

anyone got some aloe? rick you done got burned right here, son!

Dude.

seems like a pretty irresponsible act that your friend did.Not my place to lay judgement on him either. Im guessing when he has to divulge that(its prob on his record I would guess allready) that the licensing officer may say the same thing. So I personally am not sure if he will get it back but if I had to guess I bet that strike against him may hinder him.

How did free states get involved in this? This guy with the license issue is based in Mass. What you expect to happen to your license if you leave a loaded firearm in your car in plain view in Mass? This state sucks for gun laws and this stupid and irresponsible act does nothing but give lawmakers an excuse to make them stricter. Correct? I for one, hope he never gets his LTC back.

I'd mount guns to my car's bumper if it was legal to do so.

Still can't figure out what I said that makes me a sheep?

I'm part of the problem by saying someone with a LTC who leaves a loaded gun in plain view in a car in a state that it is illegal to do so is a negative view on all LTC holders? Look what's going on with the "stand your ground law" in Florida because of Trayvon. Yeah, one act of possible stupidity by one person may change that law.

I'm part of the problem by saying someone with a LTC who leaves a loaded gun in plain view in a car in a state that it is illegal to do so is a negative view on all LTC holders? Look what's going on with the "stand your ground law" in Florida because of Trayvon. Yeah, one act of possible stupidity by one person may change that law.
Glad we got that straightened out.

FWIW, I would no more leave a gun in plain view than I would a gold brick or a stack of 20's, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

I love threads that out people! [laugh]

images

Yea because folowing all the rules to the t is gona loosen up the gun laws and stop them from passing more ridiculous laws in mass give me a break he made a mistake I don't need all you people saying he's the reason he knows he messed up . Give me a break

seems like a pretty irresponsible act that your friend did.Not my place to lay judgement on him either. Im guessing when he has to divulge that(its prob on his record I would guess allready) that the licensing officer may say the same thing. So I personally am not sure if he will get it back but if I had to guess I bet that strike against him may hinder him.

Why is it irresponsible to leave your property locked inside another piece of your property?

I agree that he is not likely to get his license back in this state.

Yea because folowing all the rules to the t is gona loosen up the gun laws and stop them from passing more ridiculous laws in mass give me a break he made a mistake I don't need all you people saying he's the reason he knows he messed up . Give me a break

You're right! Let's all go out drinking and driving tonight! That should loosen up some of those pesky DUI laws. Unfortunately for your friend you usually only get one shot with your LTC so we gotta play by their rules.

One of my friends lost his licence two years ago for leaving his firearm in his car in the open unsecured loaded and him not around . The police saw it in the car and suspended his licence. Since then he moved to a new green town in mass still . Is it possible for him to get it back and how hard would it be and would he need a lawyer or could he just apply in the new town he is in . And what would be the outcome be likley if he did apply.

Was it an AR-15 and does your friend drive a caravan? I was at the range one time when this caravan pulls up. The guy jumps out gets grabs an AR off the back seat and takes a few quick shots down range at some steel. Door still open he throws the rifle back down on the back seat, closes the door and drives off. Maybe he stopped to take a leak and left the AR on the seat????

As long as he wasn't arrested, charged and convicted for his brain fart, he has some chance (a very slim one). It all depends on the CLEO.

If all else fails, he should at least be able to obtain an FID.

It's small consolation... but it is what it is.

You're right! Let's all go out drinking and driving tonight! That should loosen up some of those pesky DUI laws. Unfortunately for your friend you usually only get one shot with your LTC so we gotta play by their rules.
You said:
Rick8325 said:
Either way hopefully no chance.
AND
Rick8325 said:
Seems like your friend is not responsible enough to own a firearm.
It's not just "their rules," which BTW is offensive in and of itself, it is YOUR RULES as you profess to support them

You are trying to deflect blame for the disproportionate penalty he will suffer on "their rules," when your professed opinion is that these rules make sense. You are letting the state do your dirty work and then claiming you have no part in it.

As I said, this is the mentality that has allowed this state and its laws in almost all areas to mushroom - people think nothing of committing acts of violence against their neighbors so long as it is done through the legislature. You are still responsible for their actions, they are your government.

Last edited:
Did I say drink and drive no he forgot it in his locked car like you've never forgot anything in your life get real way to stretch your point

I'm part of the problem by saying someone with a LTC who leaves a loaded gun in plain view in a car in a state that it is illegal to do so is a negative view on all LTC holders?

So where is the clause that I agreed to when I got my LTC that I am supposed to be responsible for what someone else does with their gun?

We need to end this pant-crapping stupidity I see on gun forums every time someone does something stupid with a gun. Nobody ever says stupid things like this when someone drives a car and gets into an accident. By your logic that "makes all the other people with drivers licenses look bad". [rolleyes]

We need to stop this lameness about treating guns as being "special". LTC holders are not cops or anything like that
either, for crying out loud. It's not a license to own a nuclear weapon or anything like that either. You do a disservice to gun owners by ascribing "super special" powers to someone who simply happens to be carrying a gun.

Look what's going on with the "stand your ground law" in Florida because of Trayvon. Yeah, one act of possible stupidity by one person may change that law.

For every one "Trayvon" stupidity incident, there are 100 other people who defended themselves with deadly force in FL and did so in full accordance to the laws. I'd bet pretty much anything on that.

The real problems down there are in their judicial system more than anything else. They just put a woman away for 20 years for firing a warning shot, among other things.

-Mike

You're comparing a passive incident (a gun being left on a seat, and no one was hurt, or even close to being hurt) with an activity that (potentially) puts others at direct risk of serious harm? Where I come from those two things aren't even in the same universe in terms of negligence.

Nice straw man argument.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom