Is it possible for my buddy to get his ltc licence back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you're certainly free to navigate away from the page and stop reading this offensive material. You are a free man- aren't you?

it's like a car on fire on the side of the highway on the way to the beach. there's always one, and you always can't help but look at it as you drive by. you've got the guys treating you with kid gloves and then there's me who is being kind of an a**h*** because you are defending the state and their practices which go against everything i personally believe in. i'm not just going to lie down and give up and go away, you may have submitted to the state and can sleep at night after defending them all, but i can't do that.

I don't think that's even close to the same thing. An illegal does not pay taxes, he is harming the community and should be removed.

Let's say he has an ITIN and is paying taxes. Let's say all he does is go to work all the time and he isn't doing anything illegally except driving with no license and his immigration status. How about then?

If you are exercising your god given right protected by the constitution to own firearms and have paid for your LTC whether you live in a free state or not and you abide by all the gun laws which you all do because you continue to have your LTC in good standing then you are all sheep as well. FACT. Now explain how you aren't because you obey the laws and pay for your LTC but don't agree with anything that regulates firearms. We got a bunch of rebels here alright....[rolleyes]

This has turned into one of the better debates I have seen in awhile on here. Even if I don't agree with all of what Rick Roma has said so far, he has made some solid arguments, in particular post #412. BTW, this has nothing to do with my views on the guy in the OP, as I do feel he should be able to get his LTC back based on the details we were given.

unfotunately, #412 illustrates his misunderstanding with the following concept:

there is a difference between:

obeying laws and disagreeing with their nature (morality, etc)

and

obeying laws and accepting them blindly as good.

It is this discrepancy that makes that mindset dangerous. When you and Rick lose your freedoms as men and finally look around and ask "how could have this happened?" I will point to this attitude of blind following and say "you were doing it wrong."

If you are exercising your god given right protected by the constitution to own firearms and have paid for your LTC whether you live in a free state or not and you abide by all the gun laws which you all do because you continue to have your LTC in good standing then you are all sheep as well. FACT. Now explain how you aren't because you obey the laws and pay for your LTC but don't agree with anything that regulates firearms. We got a bunch of rebels here alright....[rolleyes]

i only have a LTC because all the shit i could buy illegally would be a lorcin or a jennings. who would want that shit? it's a matter of convenience, not privilige for me.

it's like a car on fire on the side of the highway on the way to the beach. there's always one, and you always can't help but look at it as you drive by. you've got the guys treating you with kid gloves and then there's me who is being kind of an a**h*** because you are defending the state and their practices which go against everything i personally believe in. i'm not just going to lie down and give up and go away, you may have submitted to the state and can sleep at night after defending them all, but i can't do that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atilla again.

just because I follow the law doesn't mean that I support them. I actively disagree with them and fight against them every day I can. Through voting. Financial support of 2A organizations. Campaigning for politicians that align with my 2A viewpoints.

Just because I am not running out of work and trying to storm Washington doesn't mean that I am in support of such BS laws.

Do you beleive that you have full claim to yourself? Do you beleive that initiation of force is wrong except for self defense?

What the heck does that have to do with anything I have said? To answer your question, though, I don't consider myself to be anyone's property, if that's what you are asking. The second question is a loaded one, because there are circumstances, where initiation of force for reasons other than self defense would not be wrong, so I guess I would say "it depends". I still don't see what these questions have to do with anything I said, though, so please explain...

just because I follow the law doesn't mean that I support them. I actively disagree with them and fight against them every day I can. Through voting. Financial support of 2A organizations. Campaigning for politicians that align with my 2A viewpoints.

Just because I am not running out of work and trying to storm Washington doesn't mean that I am in support of such BS laws.

You still do as your told by the gov. You paid for your right with money that you worked hard for. If it looks like a sheep....

Another friend of the failed analogy I see?

Someone here illegally is doing harm to the people waiting in line following the legal process to obtain a visa to come here legally.

They are also using services (you mentioned driving, that means roads) without paying taxes (yes, they pay gas tax if you want to be pedantic, but not all the other ones.

They are also having an impact on the labor market - supply and demand means that every illegal is increasing the supply of labor which reduces demand (and thus pay) for those here legally. This gets even worse when employers collude and setup a preference for illegals so that they can benefit from lower pay and tax burden of paying people "off the books."

How are people in line waiting being harmed? Their wait is not increased by this illegal. He has a landlord. His rent is paying the property taxes. Let's say he has an ITIN and is paying income taxes. Let's say that he's self employed, charging normal market prices, and everyone in the community has the choice to use his services or not. How about then? I'm not trying to make an analogy between the fool with the gun in the car and the POS illegal alien. I'm trying to determine which laws you think should be enforced or ignored. Would it only be the ones you agree or disagree with perhaps?

Is there any reason why this train wreck needs to continue?

no. for the love of god please just take it around back and put it down quietly. this thread has suffered enough.

props for jesse for stepping up and providing free legal advice and actually helping--that's the only positive thing that has gone on in here.

And by teaching your children and those around you that the state is a dangerous evil, that must be contained at all cost, else it will consume and destroy the rights of every individual under the guise of "the greater good."

Some people understand liberty and freedom, and the rest just haven't honestly challenged what they fear.

no. for the love of god please just take it around back and put it down quietly. this thread has suffered enough.

props for jesse for stepping up and providing free legal advice and actually helping--that's the only positive thing that has gone on in here.

Just make sure you don't do it within 500 ft of a dwelling....or whatever that stupid law is. :eek:)

So should you lose your driver's license when you leave your car locked and the keys in the ignition?

Hint: it can harm someone if a passerby sees it and steals it.

double hint: the ability to drive a car isn't even a god given right listed in the Bill of Rights

Yes, if leaving the keys in the ignition were a violation of law that required loss of license.

I never knew that god wrote the bill of rights. How was his penmanship? You learn something every day.

Yes, if leaving the keys in the ignition were a violation of law that required loss of license.

I never knew that god wrote the bill of rights. How was his penmanship? You learn something every day.

it wasnt written by God but the Bill of Rights protects the rights given to us by God, it stops the Govt from taking those rights away

unfotunately, #412 illustrates his misunderstanding with the following concept:

there is a difference between:

obeying laws and disagreeing with their nature (morality, etc)

and

obeying laws and accepting them blindly as good.

It is this discrepancy that makes that mindset dangerous. When you and Rick lose your freedoms as men and finally look around and ask "how could have this happened?" I will point to this attitude of blind following and say "you were doing it wrong."

You are misunderstanding. He was using that example to illustrate that even the most ardent, far right, tea party lovin, folks on here are just as guilty of following the laws when there are consequences. I just felt it was good point, not saying I agree with his entire philosophy.

the bill of rights is a list of god given rights as determined by our founding fathers. WTF is wrong with you?

and of course you'd be all about a law that takes away your driver's license if you did that. Only because you blindly support any law that already exists.

There it is.

This answered my original question. You can now proceed with those privileges granted to you by your government.
I will continue with the rights that are the nature of my humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom