is it a straw purchase?

If someone from NH was to buy ammo for me via a company that will not ship to massachusetts, is that considered a straw purchase?

It is a straw purchase in the general sense of the phrase. But no, it is not an illegal straw purchase in the "ATF will come and send me to Leavenworth" sense of the phrase.

No, but you need to get your license first.

Yes, however, there's nothing stopping him from stockpiling ammo in NH until he gets his license. As long as he does not bring it into MA w/o a license he'll be fine.

-Mike

You can do this. Like others said, if you want to pay for it and said person is willing to hang onto it then your fine. What type ammo are you looking to buy? I buy ammo in NH all time at Walmart. I have thought of doing the same thing. I know a few people that can get ammo shipped to their house.

Honestly for all pistol ammunition (.22LR, 9mm, .40S&W, .38 sepcial, .380, .45, etc.) It was cheaper just to buy WWB from walmart in NH, no tax no shipping. If your buying 7.62x39mm or .223 (5.56) then you can save some money by getting it shipped to someone else in another state.

Back
Top Bottom