IS FMJ OK FOR GLOCK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCR73

NES Member
HELLO GUYS AND GALS,
I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING FOR YEARS BUT I JUST GOT MY FIRTS CLOCK. ITS A G30 AND I WAS WONDERING IF A FMJ IS OK FOR THAT GUN?
ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT..
THANKS.

Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) ammo is perfectly safe for your Glock 30. Glock recommends against Lead Nosed and reloaded rounds...although people have shot them without their Glocks blowing up.

HELLO GUYS AND GALS,
I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING FOR YEARS BUT I JUST GOT MY FIRTS CLOCK. ITS A G30 AND I WAS WONDERING IF A FMJ IS OK FOR THAT GUN?
ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT..
THANKS.

I would definitely shoot a clock with FMJ, just make sure you're far enough away that the hour and minute hands don't come flying back at you. oh and post videos/pictures of the clock meeting it's demise.

I think that jacketed ammo (FMJ, JHP, JSP) is all you should shoot through a glock. IIRC it was non jacketed ammo that was causing the 40s to explode. Something about the lead building up in the groves of the hex barrel. Either way FMJ should be fine in any modern firearm. I have helped my buddy put several thousand FMJ rounds through his G19.

I think that jacketed ammo (FMJ, JHP, JSP) is all you should shoot through a glock. IIRC it was non jacketed ammo that was causing the 40s to explode. Something about the lead building up in the groves of the hex barrel. Either way FMJ should be fine in any modern firearm. I have helped my buddy put several thousand FMJ rounds through his G19.

Correct.

I believe it's in the Glock manual where they specifically recommend AGAINST shooting non-jacketed bullets thru the Glock. Something to do with the type of rifling used in their barrels and lead buildup.

Of course if you had a Glock and wanted to shoot non-jacketed bullets - you could always replace the Glock barrel with something aftermarket and you'd probably be fine.

You'd probably also be fine shooting non-jacketed thru the Glock barrel as long as you were meticulous about checking for too much lead buildup and cleaning.

A lot of "recommendations" that come out of gun manufacturers (or from just about any manufacturer for that matter) - are designed around the fact that a lot of people are farking idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

STOP YELLING

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU I HAVE AN EAR INFUKTION!

This is what happens when you shoot lead bullets through a Glock

howaglockworks.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom