impressive loading technique

It isn't. Obviously this is doctored/the gun is fake, etc.
This happened at a match and was done by a Grandmaster USPSA shooter. He was indeed using a non-doctored gun with full power loads. It may have been tuned, but only to the extent that it would still function repeatedly with full power loads under match conditions. Reportedly, the trick is to snap the gun directly back and come to a complete and instant stop. It was also a "re-shoot" (due to some issue unrelated to this technique), and the technique worked for him on the first run as well.

His shooting buddies are trying to do it and not having much luck :)

That whiplash loading technique is a gimmick. Plain and simple.

There are other, far more effective, ways to perform one handed manipulations.

You need to consider the application and context. This shooter developed this for a competition, and he has to complete the stage under the pressure of a timer. Can you describe another technique that will allow the individual to pick up an unloaded gun, load it one handed, and chamber a round while using the other hand to pick up an object that must be carried in the same speed as accomplished by this shooter? I can't.

The technique was not intended to be a substitute for "rack on the belt", or a to handle a wounded shooter. The motivation was to allow a shooter in a competition that starts "gun on table" to load the mag in the gun, rack the slide, not violate the USPSA/IPSC 180 degree rule, all while concurrently grabbing a match prop with the weak hand. From the discussions on the other forums (www.brianenos.com/forums), this shooter was just waiting for a match where the technique would help and this was it.

Last edited:
i agree with all that Rob said in his post above. But I do not think the gun is being racked by momentum. The clip is unclear to see, but I think he is either tucking the gun in his armpit or racking it on the side of his chest. Either way it must hurt. Just my 2cents.

You guys are just so cynical. Watch some GMs shoot and this stuff won't surprise you. How many on this thread think they can even shoot like that- never mind load the gun? De is a Nija too... why do you still doubt? If I wasn't so full of Chinese food in front of the TV I'd probably give it a whirl too!

People that don't have skill always redicule those that do. Saying their skill is irrevelent or useless or that they are shooting light loads helps protect their egos

i agree with all that Rob said in his post above. But I do not think the gun is being racked by momentum. The clip is unclear to see, but I think he is either tucking the gun in his armpit or racking it on the side of his chest. Either way it must hurt. Just my 2cents.

I posted a video of myself doing it.
It is believable.
The slide loaded the round with only momentum. It touched nothing but air.

If I wasn't so full of Chinese food in front of the TV I'd probably give it a whirl too!
We're taking over America one piece of chicken at a time.

People that don't have skill always redicule those that do. Saying their skill is irrevelent or useless or that they are shooting light loads helps protect their egos
[rockon]
"Quickness comes from long sustained effort after rightness, and comes unsought. It never comes from effort after quickness. "

Back
Top Bottom