impressive loading technique

how is his recoil spring so light that he can "rack" it by simply using momentum?!

really? I mean... looks like he's shooting alright.

I just tried using momentum to rack my G34 with lightened spring that I use for IDPA and I could get the slide to rack a little... enough to "prime" the trigger. But not enough to chamber a round (had snap caps in the mag).

I imagine... with a lighter spring, this could be done. I just can't imagine how little those mouse farts are he must be shooting to be able to use such a light spring.

If he's weighted the slide, that could help. I would guess that he's shooting a .22 conversion, with the lightest recoil spring that could be made to work, and a thoroughly lubricated slide. I would also imagine that he's done that motion tens of thousands of times to build the muscle speed.

ive seen a guy slammed his elbow down on his knee with the gun pointing up and it stripped off a snapcap. but he used some force to do that, this just plain looks like he used THE FORCE

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that despite all the moves, he just tabbed the slide lock with his right thumb?

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that despite all the moves, he just tabbed the slide lock with his right thumb?

The slide was forward when the gun went down on the mag.

More likely the gun wasn't actually empty, there was one in the chamber when he picked it up.

Hard to say, without frame by frame I can't see how far the slide actually went back. It's not impossible though.

He either has superhuman speed or is using a ridiculously weak recoil spring. Try as I might I cannot get my M&P or my 915 to load like that.

He either has superhuman speed or is using a ridiculously weak recoil spring. Try as I might I cannot get my M&P or my 915 to load like that.

If I knew the mass of the slide and the force coefficient on the spring I could calculate the velocity his arm would have to move to do it. Needless to say, a normal spring would need some considerable speed for it to happen; probably impossible for a human to do.

I just did that with my Ruger p85. It takes alot of snap and speed using mostly the enercia of the whole gun coming back and then stopping quick when the elbow is to the rear. The forward motion is much like a punch. I knew what he did as soon as i saw the pic, looks like a load for a punch. Notice his other hand out to utilize the push pull motion.

My guess, The guy is a martial artist.

Inertia for anyone interested. [laugh] Yeah I guess I could see a trained martial artist being able to do it. Think Bruce Lee 1 inch punch!

Also it looks like a 1911 9mm conversion so with a heavy slide it might be even more doable. I just did it a few times and got the gun to lock back on an empty mag..

I just did it about 10 times.

It can be done.
Yes it does actually hurt for some reason. I think I gave myself whiplash.
A few times I looked like I was having a spontaneous right sided upper body seizure.

I don't know why i attempted to do this at 3AM.

Last edited:
When I was going to bed last night, I found myself wondering why my shoulder ached a bit. Then I realized it was probably from trying to do this for a while. I was trying it with my Hi-power, and didn't come close. With the hammer down, I think it's impossible. With the hammer cocked, I think I could do it if I really worked at it for a while.

It absolutely is humanly possible. I'm not sure that I'm willing to spend the time to learn it, but it appears quite real from where I stand.

Whether the gun is modified to facilitate this is another story entirely.

They should have showed that there was not a round in the chamber first. It would make the video that much more impressive.

I took video of mine last night on my cell phone. Took me 2 tries on the video because I was holding the phone in my other hand.
It's still on there but the video is too large to be transferred.

If you guys really want to see it I can take the card out, throw it in my laptop and upload it somewhere.

But whatever. Believe that it can be done. It's not that hard if you do it a certain way. I think heaving a long slide like on the G35 helps. I did mine with a G34. Didn't try with a G26.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom