impressive loading technique

It absolutely is humanly possible. I'm not sure that I'm willing to spend the time to learn it, but it appears quite real from where I stand.

Whether the gun is modified to facilitate this is another story entirely.

Took me 3 tries last night to do it for the first time.
Unmodified gun. (Well the spring is 2 pounds lighter) but even with a factory spring I think it's doable.

But you're right, I don't think it's very useful. And when you mess up you look like a real cheese dick.

What about the apparent zero recoil out of that thing? The slide thing can be explained, I'm not sure no recoil can be. Maybe he's a robot.

What about the apparent zero recoil out of that thing? The slide thing can be explained, I'm not sure no recoil can be. Maybe he's a robot.

Recoil looks totally normal to me. The muzzle flips up and settles back down. He's not a robot, but he is a USPSA GM, which means he's a damn good shooter.

Now I'm tempted to whip out my CCW at work and try it with that. Probably a bad idea.

Your probably right but I for one would find it hilarious if you did. Especially if you give a really good kiyaaa at the same time. Cause you know you wouldn't get it the first time around. I can just see the people in the office fainting [rofl]

Oh it is a Glock. Yea, I can't do it with the M&P compact but I got it down with 2 other guns. Timing, snap, and making sure you bring the whole gun straight back.

Oh it is a Glock. Yea, I can't do it with the M&P compact but I got it down with 2 other guns. Timing, snap, and making sure you bring the whole gun straight back.

It's pretty funny when you mess up and the gun doesn't go straight back isn't it? Just a violent self-sustained right sided thrashing.

Kudos to anyone that can do this. I have a G34 and tried it for about 10 minutes. Not even close. I can definitely see that it would be all speed/snap. I ended up with my arm feeling like it does after I throw a Wiffle ball too hard for too long.

Impressive. Speed man, gotta be speed. Thinking about the mechanics I suspect it's more the forward snap that racks the slide. The backward stroke sets the whole gun in motion to the rear and coils his arm so the "punch" actually racks the slide. Someone mentioned the probability of martial arts training which seems to make sense.

[laugh]

Okay... EVERYONE needs to post a video of themselves trying this out. I think it would be HILARIOUS [smile]

We'll see who the real NES ninjas are [laugh]

That whiplash loading technique is a gimmick. Plain and simple.

There are other, far more effective, ways to perform one handed manipulations.

That whiplash loading technique is a gimmick. Plain and simple.

There are other, far more effective, ways to perform one handed manipulations.

Good, cause my damn arm hurts worse this morning than it did last night from trying that fool thing! [wink]

Speed and, let's not forget, a dangerously weak recoil spring.

-Mike

I can do it with my factory recoil spring as well.

I can't even get it to budge with my baby glock though. I think you need quite a bit of slide weight and momentum.

I can do it with my factory recoil spring as well.

Will your gun pass the recoil spring test? (Gun must return to battery on its own when dry fired at 90 degrees, trigger held, and slide slowly cycled, letting go at last 10% of travel)

Since I don't have a long slide glock anymore I can't try this. I'm guessing you'd need the extra mass to get the slide going. Would have been interesting to test it with the 17L I had, that I also had a variety of weak recoil springs for.

Definitely can't do it with my G19 or G30SF. It won't even move.

-Mike

Last edited:
Beats doing it with your teeth if your other arm is disabled I guess.

It's much easier to rack a slide with a belt, or shirt or basically anything else.

If you're injured I doubt you'd be able to rack a slide. It takes significant energy and movement.

It's much easier to rack a slide with a belt, or shirt or basically anything else.
That's what I was talking about. Put a rear sight on your pistol that has a vertical front side and it will hook on your belt, shoe, corner of a wall, table, car interior, just about anywhere with an edge and you can rack that slide one handed easily.

Add some skateboard tape to the top of the slide and you can even rack the slide against your clothing.

Back
Top Bottom