• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pretty impressive when the left convinces gun owners to go after their own.

Perhaps, instead of killing the NRA, we should clean the swamp out of it, and make it stronger.
Conservatives are way more easily manipulated than leftists.

>the Left hates the NRA and wants it to go away.
>they publish accounts of the guy in charge buying $1000 suits, bloated salaries of top exec's, etc
>the Right is immediately outraged (justifiably) and now hates the NRA and wants it to go away.
>the Left loudly slurps on its $9 latte with a smirk on its face

Its very simple. If they want to NRA to go away, we should want the opposite. They need to be pressured to clean house, not eliminated

Taught many people about shooting long before any other organization was around.

It's not the 1950's anymore. The only reason the NRA is teaching now is because the NRA lobbied the government to mandate it. You think people want to go the the NRA class to exercise a constitutional right?

Please tell the class what they have done that is beneficial to gun owners?

The NRA played an integral role in keeping gun owners and the rest of America safe when they decided to support (and helped pass) some of the most expansive gun control legislation America has ever seen.

Plus think of all the wonderful, cheap Chinese made shit/swag they’ve given out over the years!

Sadly many gun owners are Leftist Blue Lever Pullers....

And many more are Fudds that support guns laws as long as it doesn't affect their trap gun.

You can thank the NRA for having to pay a tax stamp and having registration for NFA guns....oh wait, those aren't the kind of guns you are worried about being restricted.

Last edited:
And many more are Fudds that support guns laws as long as it doesn't affect their trap gun.

You can thank the NRA for having to pay a tax stamp and having registration for NFA guns....oh wait, those aren't the kind of guns you are worried about being restricted.
You are aware that the NRA in 1934 was simply a gun safety.shooting organization right? Any attempt to bash the NRA from 1934 is about as lame as one can get.......unless yopu are agenda driven.

You are aware that the NRA in 1934 was simply a gun safety.shooting organization right? Any attempt to bash the NRA from 1934 is about as lame as one can get.......unless yopu are agenda driven.

How about the NRA in ‘68? Ever heard of the Gun Control Act of 1968? The president of the NRA at the time said “I think it’s reasonable.”

How about the NRA in ‘68?
No, I remember it well. The political arms of the NRA didn't form until 1975 into 76 and it took a few years to build them up. However it was the 1968 gun act that made the NRA realize political action groups and lobbying money was badly needed after that 1968 cluster truck.

Did you know they helped draft the 1934 NFA act? Of course you didn't...It didn't have anything to do with hunting or trap guns..so why would you care, they weren't restricting rights that you cared about.

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." —American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

They said as much in their own magazine. II think we know what your agenda is. Gun control is ok if it's not your gun

Did you know they helped draft the 1934 NFA act? Of course you didn't...It didn't have anything to do with hunting or trap guns..so why would you care, they weren't restricting rights that you cared about.

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." —American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22
Obstinate Ignorance.....but you are on a roll so carry on.....

Nice "edit" BTW but it usually doesn't work if someone has already quoted the unedited post.....

What exactly is controversial about the edit? I added "Ever heard of the Gun Control Act of 1968? The president of the NRA at the time said “I think it’s reasonable." I guess you caught me though. [laugh]

What exactly is controversial about the edit? I added "Ever heard of the Gun Control Act of 1968? The president of the NRA at the time said “I think it’s reasonable." I guess you caught me though. [laugh]
I will say this though. As a grumpy old fart going on 70 I make no apologies for Wayne. I also make no apologies for the NRA. The greater good is that the organization survives.

I would also encourage any of you, if you haven't already, to read all you can about the 1968 firearms act. The NRA had no political influence really and was told that things were going to be done. They did manage to eliminate things like transfer fees (200-300 dollars) as well as other foul stuff but were told what was remaing was going to be enacted, period.

There was quite an awaking at that time and many in the NRA knew that trust was gone and organization became critical. At that time there was a guy named Neal Knox who was GOA of his era and Neal was very instrumental in realizing, building and strengthening the political action groups in the NRA.

. The greater good is that the organization survives.

Maybe, but there’s an opportunity cost to its survival that needs to be considered. Would the massive amount of money spent on NRA memberships and frittered away on expensive suits, junk mail, and massive board expenses be better sent to one of the orgs that is going to use a significantly higher % of it fighting in court? What do we get from the NRA? Training and safety courses organized at the national level? A boogeyman? Little sticker badges for our bumpers? It seems to me like they siphon off and then waste a huge amount of money at the expense of the other 2A orgs.

Last edited:
Because the left is stupid. Let them chase the useless boogeyman, while the other 2A organizations do the real work
The average leftist npc on the street is stupid. The people pulling the strings and deciding who the npc's are supposed to hate this month are certainly not

Back
Top Bottom