• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pretty impressive when the left convinces gun owners to go after their own.

Perhaps, instead of killing the NRA, we should clean the swamp out of it, and make it stronger.
While I agree with you in principle, the reality I see is one where a parasitic sleazy Wayne is firmly embedded and continues to siphon off the effectiveness of the most recognizable 2A organization. Under the current regime, it is way down the list in effectiveness, however. I will not support the NRA until they excise the cancer along with anyone who supported its growth.

No doubt I would like to see it become stronger, so long as the corruption has been flushed from its ranks- starting from the top.

I do wonder why Liberals own guns sometimes, and why some can't stop themselves from pulling that blue lever, but perhaps someday they will let us know why.
same as people who tell themselves they'll pull out no matter how good it feels, and then don't, and bitch about being a dad the rest of their lives

The NRA is/was a lobbying machine. There is not another 2A organizing out there that has the depth and breadth of that entity. Not even close. NRA is not the problem. Like had been posted already, it's the executive level administration. Unfortunately, nothing is being done and like everything else that conservative do, we have successfully fragmented our efforts. Our 2A advocacy in DC and elsewhere has been totally diluted.

What does the NRA to that is actually beneficial to gun owners?

For those of you asking what the NRA has done for us, NY state was required to reimburse the NRA $447K in legal fees for the Bruen case. In 2012, the NRA recovered over $1.3M in legal fees from Chicago for the McDonald decision. These were two very important 2nd amendment decisions. I rest my case!

Conservatives are way more easily manipulated than leftists.

>the Left hates the NRA and wants it to go away.
>they publish accounts of the guy in charge buying $1000 suits, bloated salaries of top exec's, etc
>the Right is immediately outraged (justifiably) and now hates the NRA and wants it to go away.
>the Left loudly slurps on its $9 latte with a smirk on its face

Its very simple. If they want to NRA to go away, we should want the opposite. They need to be pressured to clean house, not eliminated
They had the chance last year, avoided it, then changed the nomination rules. You can't clean that swamp.

Interesting exchange of views, wish I had the time to be better aware of which second amendment organizations are most worthy of our hard earned money. That aside. I think gun owners should take a lesson from the progressives who seem to be rolling over us and that is ......... sticking together as a group. Too few gun owners belong or support any pro gun organization at all. Imagine if most gun owners voted for pro gun candidates and boycotted (aka Bud Lighted) all persons, companies and political candidates who do not support us. Frankly, I wish I had enough money to donate to all pro second amendment organizations no matter who they are.

Last edited:
The NRA is/was a lobbying machine. There is not another 2A organizing out there that has the depth and breadth of that entity. Not even close. NRA is not the problem. Like had been posted already, it's the executive level administration. Unfortunately, nothing is being done and like everything else that conservative do, we have successfully fragmented our efforts. Our 2A advocacy in DC and elsewhere has been totally diluted.

What exactly is lobbying getting us though?

And questioning - or even abandoning - the NRA isn’t dividing gun owners or undermining 2A. It’s a difference of opinion on one particular organization.

They pay lobbyists.
Lobbyists that apparently aren't doing much.

About the only useful thing the NRA does anymore is, once in awhile, they will come along and underwrite someone else's lawsuit so they can get their name on a masthead. That's better than nothing but I think people expect more than that.

That’s my problem with the NRA. The money given to them is much more effectively spent with other orgs.

Hell, if anything the existence of the NRA is something that the anti-2A crowd rallies around. What happens if it disappears? Do the antis declare victory and lose interest? Do they turn their attention to (and fundraise on) taking down the big bad… FPC?

I'm still a member from past extensions but don't take their calls. Waiting on that squatter La Pierre to retire, get deposed (unlikely), or die of natural causes. Then I'll reassess when the resulting churn is over. It's that simple. Since La Pierre is still there, nothing to talk about.

And many more are Fudds that support guns laws as long as it doesn't affect their trap gun.

You can thank the NRA for having to pay a tax stamp and having registration for NFA guns....oh wait, those aren't the kind of guns you are worried about being restricted.

That's cute; blame an organization that did something 89 years ago! [rofl]

Perhaps, instead of killing the NRA, we should clean the swamp out of it, and make it stronger.

We’ve tried that for years. Yet Wayne LaPierre (and I’m sure other executives) continues to fleece everyone.

You ask a question and you got an answer. Whether you like the answer or not is your issue. Feel free to look up how finance helps win election on your own time. Or dont...

I was sure it was too retarded to have actually been your point but I guess I was mistaken.

And just how would you suggest that we do that? Have you paid attention to the efforts to elect reform-minded board members over the past 30 years? If you had, you'd realize that such efforts have failed spectacularly.

What does the NRA to that is actually beneficial to gun owners?

Let's adhere to your initial statement. The NRA recovered nearly $2 million in legal fees following the McDonald and Bruen decisions, both considered landmark rulings. In lawsuits, complete reimbursement of expenses is rare. The question arises: where did the organization's funds yield the most significant benefit—investing in these pivotal decisions or directing resources towards a bump stock case, an issue being pursued by other pro-gun coalitions? It's difficult to determine what any pro-gun organization spends on any given case, so the total figures are difficult to ascertain concerning the actual expense for other cases the NRA was involved in. If you don't believe these two cases were advantageous, then there's nothing more to discuss.

I want to emphasize that I am not endorsing or defending Lapierre in any way. My response is solely directed at addressing your misguided initial statement/question and Kalash's unhelpful remarks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom