• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

300 win mag is impressive

Shot this beauty at 30 yards and dropped her on the spot dead in under a minute

Stalked her for about an hour

For reference I'm 6'2 and the boots lift a solid 2 inches

Attachments

• 20231115_182004.png
    20231115_182004.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 199
  • 20231115_153210.jpg
    20231115_153210.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 199
  • 20231115_153341.jpg
    20231115_153341.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 198
Post some pics when you make your new hat.

d2323b58ddc8edf6043f603d9bc003f0.jpg

Was this one of those hunts on a bison farm? I know someone who is doing one of those in a couple weeks.
It was ...it was a bit challenging not too crazy... they run around a bit so you gotta get them into a spot where you can shoot em

They are huge though... there was definitely a minute there where i was like huh... I'm trapped in here with several bison and watusi cattle... this might not be the best idea

OP, honest question ...

Why did you have to stalk it for an hour?

Looks like an easy shot from the tree line. How far are those trees?

Can you share the coordinates so I can check it out, just curious to see what the area looks like.

Were you able to recover the bullet? How did the ELD-X perform? Or did it barely slow down on the way through?
Killed it in under a minute passed clean through it.

I read all kinds of stories about shooting bison...

But yeah it was pretty amazing how fast she went down like shot and on the ground in 10 seconds

Were you able to recover the bullet? How did the ELD-X perform? Or did it barely slow down on the way through?
ELD-X bullets are awesome.

We shot 3 deer this week with ELDX. My buddy shot a deer at 350 yards a few weeks ago, also ELDX, destroyed the heart.

I will assume they are just as good for 300 Win Mag as they are for 6.5cm.

ELD-X bullets are awesome.

We shot 3 deer this week with ELDX. My buddy shot a deer at 350 yards a few weeks ago, also ELDX, destroyed the heart.

I will assume they are just as good for 300 Win Mag as they are for 6.5cm.

Did you shoot a deer?

It was ...it was a bit challenging not too crazy... they run around a bit so you gotta get them into a spot where you can shoot em

They are huge though... there was definitely a minute there where i was like huh... I'm trapped in here with several bison and watusi cattle... this might not be the best idea
You get all the meat, correct? That's some good eating right there. Very lean. FWIW, I went with 30% beef suet, by weight, for any of the elk we ground. The burger is out of this world good. I can't recommend the beef suet enough, as well as the percentage. I bet it would be the same with that incredible animal you harvested.

Congrats. That's pretty cool.

What are you doing for a mount euro or shoulder mount?

You get all the meat, correct? That's some good eating right there. Very lean. FWIW, I went with 30% beef suet, by weight, for any of the elk we ground. The burger is out of this world good. I can't recommend the beef suet enough, as well as the percentage. I bet it would be the same with that incredible animal you harvested.

Congrats. That's pretty cool.

What are you doing for a mount euro or shoulder mount?
Yeah i got around 300 pounds of meat... tomorrow is going i be braised short ribs

My wife wanted a blanket and i just wanted the horns no mounts for me yet

OP, honest question ...

Why did you have to stalk it for an hour?

Looks like an easy shot from the tree line. How far are those trees?

Can you share the coordinates so I can check it out, just curious to see what the area looks like.
Standing rock hunting in jamestown tn

The pen is a couple hundred acres

So there are 2 pastures with woods between

Where you come up they have a blind but shooting towards the top of the hill/pasture is no bueno due to houses on the back side

Likewise long shot over the pond will end up in a neighbors house

So I had to kinda flush them more than stalk really. Chase them through some woods because you cant get the tractor to pluck them from woods

They also busted a gate between the hunting lodge and the neighbors..

So the first clean shot i had there was a calf in the neighbors yard and 3 bison in the hunting lodge so i had to help the guide get the calf and the herd back together

And believe it or not they are pretty hard to see in the woods so they sneak by you here and there in dense brush

We ended up getting it into a clearing for that shot but there are woods behind me we came out of to get it

Price was great

3950 for the hunt

3 days 2 meals a day

And processing

Really good guys that run it

Last edited:
Did you know they have Bison in parts of Europe too, such as Poland ?
These suckers are even bigger than the two American varieties, reaching as big as 2000 lbs for a mature bull.

Back
Top Bottom