I'm gone...

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
In response to Ross's "enough is Enough" thread.

Every single democratic incumbant won almost two to one last night. This state has now almost a 90% democratic government. There comes a time when you have to look at the facts with what our future holds.

1. Higher Taxes
2. More socialized free money programs to those who refuse to work
3. A lot more illegals
4. Higher crime rate
5. Crowded emergency rooms
6. A state government that thinks only LEO's should have guns
7. Judges who are soft on "REPEAT" violent criminals

The writing is on the wall. I know for some of you moving just isn't a real option, but I've only been here since 1999 and I have no family here other than my two boys.

The lease on my Condo is up in June, that will be my last month as a Commiechusetts subject. I am moving to a state where the constitution is respected, criminals are punished, and taxes are low...

How far? I can see myself in Maine after the kids go off to college. Already thinking of registering as a citizen in Maine since I have a second home there but I'd still need to get a MA NR to hang out with the cool folks in MA I've grown to enjoy shooting with.

It so frustrating seeing the trends and values change in such warped ways. It's not just MA though. I'm truly concerned that the fabric of the US is getting poluted. I feel distanced from the majority more than ever today. Is running away the answer? I can't make that decision yet.. but the fight here is futile.

It won't be a reality for us for awhile. So we will be here trying to fight a good fight anyways. Glenn still has time at the university before he retires, plus family obligations keep us here in the mean time.

i told the wife we need to start to plan now for our departure from this state,bad part is we wont be able to move until the end of '07 as of right now.
for all of you who can move and plan on moving soon let us know what freedom tastes like.

It is going to be a number of years before I can get the hell out of here. Can't be soon enough, though.

I wonder who they'll blame when MA continues to lose population?

This is the one bright spot - when things continue to go to hell in a handbasket in MA, there is literally no one to blame other than the Democrats...

I'm sorry the election was so bad for you guys down there. If I had my way, I would be in NH instead of Maine but all of the Northern New England states are pretty gun friendly. Best of luck to all those that stay or go.

B

The good thing for us EC is we both are already close.

Yup. I have to decide if it makes economic sense for me. My house has nearly tripled in value since I bought it 10 years ago. If I can find a place in NH with a little bit of land, at a price where I have either no mortgage or a very small one, I might do it.

My job is still in Mass so I'd still have to pay Mass taxes. However, it is my understanding that I only have to pay taxes for the days that I work in Massachusetts. When I'm on the road or working at home, I'm not taxed.

We should get a bunch of NES people together and build a subdivision somewhere in NH. I know a couple of neighborhoods here in Mass that have "common land" such as a park, basketball and tennis courts, etc., that belong to the residents of the subdivision. We could build a neighborhood with a common shooting range (and pumpkin patch).

My job is still in Mass so I'd still have to pay Mass taxes. However, it is my understanding that I only have to pay taxes for the days that I work in Massachusetts. When I'm on the road or working at home, I'm not taxed.

From what I understand this is correct. We have a sales guy here who lives in MA and since he travels all over New England he pays next to nothing in MA income tax.

I wonder who they'll blame when MA continues to lose population?

This is the one bright spot - when things continue to go to hell in a handbasket in MA, there is literally no one to blame other than the Democrats...

WRONG.

There will always be someone to whom they can assign blame. Hell, I've heard people blame Goeorge Bush for things that happened at the federal level while he was governor of Texas.

Why shoudl that trend cease anytime soon.

Moving right now isn't an option for me either. Not while my elderly mom is still alive. And, since NH just went Dem...well, when the time does come that I can pull up stakes and haul butt, I'm going south.

Until then....I'll be wearing black.

Watching the results come in last night, Saw Devil was the projected winner, looked right my wife and told her I was moving in the morning start packing stuff up. She laughed at me and told me to sit down and that I wasnt going to go anywhere, I stood there pointing my finger at her, looked her in the eye and said, Yes dear...........

I'm going to be stuck here until the kids get through College. Crap..my youngest is 7..............sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My wife came home from work and asked me what to do. I told her that we were not going to make a knee jerk reaction.
We have to tie up some loose ends, then she can consider retiring.
Unfortunately, due to her illness, we cannot go South. NH is the only viable option.

It is not just the gun issues that scare me about this commiewealth, it is the other social issues.

All that said, I can see a move in my future, I just can't pin down a date.

Im stuck here in a state I love and hate for the near future. So I will hang around awhile and fight and vote for gun rights for all.And for all anti gun rights elected yesterday I have 4 words for you. MY COLD DEAD HANDS.

Fitzwilliam or Rindge NH...

And I will throw a NES "Freedom" party when I get there.

Our Daughter ( and Our Money ) are all ready in Rindge at College , and She has said since Her first year there , She has NO Intention of ever calling Mass. Home Again.
Now if I can just get Her to bring Her Slug Gun Home so I can borrow it. [smile]
Bob

Back
Top Bottom