Ice Arms, and their QC issues. STAY AWAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of us actually had to either get the BCG's we bought staked, or returned them to get properly staked? I know dropride staked mine, plus Malodave's after they arrived. If it wasn't for him, chances are we would have returned all of the BCG's and ripped Ice a new hole over it.

If I had a machine that was supposed to do something to a set standard, and it wasn't doing so, I'd get the people who I got it from there to correct/adjust it. With the staking, it's damned easy to see if it's done right or not. Chances are you can remove the screws after they were 'staked' with very little effort. I think someone actually did after we got the set.

If the QC/QA people are letting this stuff pass, get them new glasses. Or get new/additional people in to catch the crap going out the door. You're not doing yourselves, or us, any favors by shipping out products that don't meet industry standards. Especially since we can easily get products that ARE up to the standards rather easily [now]...

To me, all this has driven Ice to the bottom 1/8th of the vendor list. IF no one else has what I want/need, and they do (the price will have to be REALLY good), I'll consider ordering. Maybe.

How many of us actually had to either get the BCG's we bought staked, or returned them to get properly staked? I know dropride staked mine, plus Malodave's after they arrived. If it wasn't for him, chances are we would have returned all of the BCG's and ripped Ice a new hole over it.

If I had a machine that was supposed to do something to a set standard, and it wasn't doing so, I'd get the people who I got it from there to correct/adjust it. With the staking, it's damned easy to see if it's done right or not. Chances are you can remove the screws after they were 'staked' with very little effort. I think someone actually did after we got the set.

If the QC/QA people are letting this stuff pass, get them new glasses. Or get new/additional people in to catch the crap going out the door. You're not doing yourselves, or us, any favors by shipping out products that don't meet industry standards. Especially since we can easily get products that ARE up to the standards rather easily [now]...

To me, all this has driven Ice to the bottom 1/8th of the vendor list. IF no one else has what I want/need, and they do (the price will have to be REALLY good), I'll consider ordering. Maybe.

Read the group buy thread. Someone in there actually posted a video of their gas key screws backing right out.

Oh that's right, these are properly staked though.

What the **** over.

and for non-green members, this is the part where ICE claims neil is lying about the whole thing:

Correct.........which is why we made the expense to purchase a MOACKS commercial staking press. And I don't know where the customer pulled that firing pin from, but it is not one of ours. More pics to come. Let me know if anyone has any questions. That is what I am here for.

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

Read the group buy thread. Someone in there actually posted a video of their gas key screws backing right out.

Oh that's right, these are properly staked though.

What the **** over.

I remember the effect, just not the exact post. I think it's part of the reason why dropride got the tool to stake the BCG's for those of us that didn't want to return them. He did us, and Ice a huge favor there.

From the other thread, looks like 'Julie' is trying to toss you under the bus... NOT cool... Those of us that know you, or have been involved in any of your group buys know you're a stand-up person. I would trust you're telling the truth long before I'd trust them. While the firing pin is shocking, I actually believe it came from their BCG. Especially with their track record for what we've gotten.

Maybe 'Julie' is just like 'Peggy' from the commercials.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ‎[/video]

Last edited:
Correct.........which is why we made the expense to purchase a MOACKS commercial staking press. And I don't know where the customer pulled that firing pin from, but it is not one of ours. More pics to come. Let me know if anyone has any questions. That is what I am here for.

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

Yup, just called a liar by this snake in the grass.

Nothing about the OP was slanderous.

I have a lot of trouble understanding some of the dealers around here and what they post publicly. If I had a business account on NES i would be fawning over people to make money no matter if the customer was right or wrong.

Last edited:
Their company name is too cheesy to consider ordering stuff from them to begin with.

Yep. "ICE" Arms just screams stay away. Sucks you had to go through all this, but now I know never to do business with these guys.

Thanks for bringing this to light Neil. Another company that I will never do business with. Better to know ahead of time. Hope you get it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing about the OP was slanderous.

I have a lot of trouble understanding some of the dealers around here and what they post publicly. If I had a business account on NES i would be fawning over people to make money no matter if the customer was right or wrong.

I've been banned on NES for less.

Maybe it's time to start banning dealers as well.

What the ****.

because they aren't addressing this publicly, i am sharing posts from the closed group buy thread here as well:

and we're supposed to take you at your word that those BCGs are what you say they are? after you resort to calling neil a liar FIRST?

come on. really?

this is the carrier i personally received in the first round of shipments:

fxe5gh.jpg

my ASS those screws wouldn't come out. i wish that dropride DIDN'T stake it for me, so i could go home and crank the screws out on video.

OH WAIT! here's a video of someone backing out the screws on one of those very carriers. you didn't do your homework before you started posting, did you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always default to feeling bad for customer service people who have to listen to upset customers and try to make things right after someone else in their organization screws up. That goes out the window pretty quickly when the customer service people go on the offensive, pretty much regardless of what the customer is saying.

With the shortage of parts over the past year, a LOT of people are just getting around to finishing builds they started last year. Getting items as the price (and availability) is there is NOT uncommon. We're not assembling AR's as a business, but for ourselves. So a 6 month delay from when we got a BCG to when we can fire it is NOT uncommon. For Ice/Julie to think a 6 month time frame is acceptable, is NOT acceptable IMO.

because they aren't addressing this publicly, i am sharing posts from the closed group buy thread here as well:

It's pretty obvious that their "staking" was just nicking the edge of the carrier near the sides of the bolt heads. In the other thread she posts competitor stake jobs, but clearly doesn't understand how staking works. Those competitor stake jobs are deep. Material doesn't necessarily have to get pushed across the top of the bolt head to hold them in place. If the staking is deep enough - which the competitors seem to have done - it will get the job done by putting pressure against the sides of the bolt head.

I am taking care of this today. Your return label will be emailed to you at the end of the day. And as I said in the previous post, my you seem to have allot of time to pass sin around.

Do you really think we would be in business if all the products we sold were "poop"? That is just nonsense. But thanks for all the poor press which is for the most part completely incorrect. I can certainly see how lawyers make so much money in slander suits. And again, here is the MOACKS STAKING PRESS we use before we test and fire all our Nickel Boron BCGs.

View attachment 84978

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

Hey Julie,

Not once did I say poop. I said that your product that you are selling, is a pile of dog shit. Get it right.

Look at the photo in the OP. My firing pin looks like it got stuck to a vibrator on high, and rotated around inside of a cheese grater for 3 days.

I have no time for you, if you want to be sarcastic. Two can play at that game.

How much time do I have to sit around all day?? I'm a ****ing truck driver, so I sit around about 60 hours a week, hauling ****ing trash all over New England! What do you do for a living, besides feed bull shit to people on an internet forum?!?!

The proof is in the pudding. Look at the photos in the 1st post. Are you denying that? Are you trying to say I mangled my own firing pin, to give you bad press?? What is it with you only talking about nickel boron BCG's?? These aren't nickel boron!!!!!

Bump.

Thanks for the entertainment.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

on good faith that they'd correct the issues i simply did not submit feedback in itrader after the group buy as dropride settled the issue for me, clearly they did not correct their issues and their products have gotten worse. i just now left a negative review on ICE's itrader page detailing the issue i had with their product and reaction. anyone involved in the buy or since then who has not received a quality product should do the same.

Not as bad as they use to be, but still not good enough IMHO. You cans ee how the staking in the top BCG is barely touching one of the screws. Still not properly staked.

Again, I have a cheese grater firing pin, and it's out of spec. It's not just the staking.

That's right, I'm a liar.

9f4157f0-b8cc-4edb-b22f-d1bc5b14d666_zps1e4bf5c9.jpg

Last edited:
I thought all AR parts came from the same few manufacturers?

Did you have something to actually help with this thread, or just being a troll???

This thread is about a BCG being out of spec. It could be 1 out of 10 million I don't care. All I know is that it is out of spec, and the firing pin is mangled.

Whether it was made by BCM, or a 2 dollar whore.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't just happen to Ice Arms either. Someone had a thread here a few weeks ago, about his $300 BCM BCG being out of spec too.

Did you have something to actually help with this thread, or just being a troll???

This thread is about a BCG being out of spec. It could be 1 out of 10 million I don't care. All I know is that it is out of spec, and the firing pin is mangled.

Whether it was made by BCM, or a 2 dollar whore.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't just happen to Ice Arms either. Someone had a thread here a few weeks ago, about his $300 BCM BCG being out of spec too.

IMO, difference comes with how they handle the issue. Ice could have just taken care of it via replace/refund. Instead they're being asshats over it.

I am glad that you've posted the information about what's going on. It helps to know which companies take care of the customers when issues arise. Personally, I don't expect things to be 100% perfect 100% of the time. What matters is how those deviations are handled/resolved when they happen. With the history of issues with products from Ice, it's not looking good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom