Ice Arms, and their QC issues. STAY AWAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit. I have an ICE Arms BCG that I had to return for staking issues but I have been unable to fire the replacement as my build is not yet complete. Now im worried that the replacement will have issues. Colin, if you are reading this, please PM me so we can discuss. Thanks.

Damnit. I have an ICE Arms BCG that I had to return for staking issues but I have been unable to fire the replacement as my build is not yet complete. Now im worried that the replacement will have issues. Colin, if you are reading this, please PM me so we can discuss. Thanks.

Check the headspace with it, and test fire it as soon as you can.

They have a 6 month money back guarantee. And the 6 months is almost up.

All I can say is I didn't know how much of a shit show a few of these GB have been lately (I haven't had any money for GBs [sad2]).

So thanks for informing us that there is another vendor we should not buy from.

I'll stick with name brand manufacturers for my AR pistol build. PSA, DD, WW, BCM, etc.

Yup. I know not everyone who may buy from them is a green member, so that is why I posted this out here in the general forum, so everyone could see what a useless company this is.

Their product is sub-par, and whoever does make stuff for them, needs to be checked out as well. That firing pin amazes me how it got through their tough QC.

This is a graphic illustration of why I wouldn't skinflint on AR parts, particularly BCGs and barrels. Let other people buy the cheap stuff and wallow in despair afterwards. Yeah they might get lucky but whats the price savings? a case of ammo over the whole build? maybe a half? [laugh] Why evenbother? There are places to cut corners on a build if you need to save but
this isn't one of them. The BCG is literally the heart of the rifle.

I used to say something like... "You won't get what you didn't pay for to begin with." Seems appropriate here.

-Mike

This is a graphic illustration of why I wouldn't skinflint on AR parts, particularly BCGs and barrels. Let other people buy the cheap stuff and wallow in despair afterwards. Yeah they might get lucky but whats the price savings? a case of ammo over the whole build? maybe a half? [laugh] Why evenbother? There are places to cut corners on a build if you need to save but
this isn't one of them. The BCG is literally the heart of the rifle.

I used to say something like... "You won't get what you didn't pay for to begin with." Seems appropriate here.

-Mike

We got these months ago, when the panic buying was still in full gear. So these looked to be a great deal, on a great product.

That has since been found out to be very wrong.

We got these months ago, when the panic buying was still in full gear. So these looked to be a great deal, on a great product.

That has since been found out to be very wrong.

It still doesn't change drgrant's point. The point of which is why skimp on any "unknown" vendor, especially in the area of barrels or BCG's?

Trust me, I wanted one myself, but having seen the last BCG fiasco here was enough to drive it home that no-names are usually no bargains.

Just saying man...

And to Colin,

Dude, sending even ONE firing pin or BCG out like that, will destroy the credibility of your product and company, ESPECIALLY to knowledgeable members of a popular gun forum.

Internet suicide pal...

I guess I got lucky (so far) with the BCG I got in this group buy. Seeing how we had to stake the key properly, and such, I wasn't planning on getting anything from Ice Arms anytime soon. Especially with other vendors having product at decent availability. I still have two uppers that I need to complete. It's safe to say that Ice isn't on my vendor list for parts on these (or future builds). If they miss an obviously NFG firing pin, you have to question what else they'll miss.

I got in on the group buy due to it appearing to be a good BCG at a reasonable rate. I'm not going to pay over ~$130 for a 'standard' BCG. IF these were assembled properly, you probably wouldn't have heard a peep over it (other than some good comments). But since things didn't go well from the start, and continue to be an issue, you get threads like this one calling attention to it. Also, if they had exchanged the sub-standard items with 100% good ones, you'd barely hear about it. With the percentage of issue items from this, it's pretty scary.

Last edited:
Wow.
Pictures.
1000 words.

...and atilla's "staked with an infants penis" comment... [rofl]

this is not isolated to NES, either. IIRC there have been threads on ARFCOM about ICE and their "quality" as well. i believe they are linked to in the group buy thread somewhere.

Other members like mlaboss had issues with them too with his BCG, and requested a full refund.

I believe there were others as well.

Yep. I bought a NiB coated BCG on my own (not as part of the group buy). The cam pin was nearly impossible to remove since it impacted the gas key, and the gas key was completely unstaked, not even the sad little staking seen in the example atilla posted. I also had a difficult time getting a refund, but did eventually receive it.

Can someone check the head space on mine? I do not have the tools or the know-how. Like previously mentioned the 6-month return period is sneaking up and i'd like to know what to do before the rest of my build is complete. Im just north of boston and can meet up anywhere in the area.

What really sucks is that I'm sure many guys that got these bad BCGs will not discover the problems in time to request a refund because of them collecting parts for a future build, or just buying as a spare. This will lead to many of these floating around on the secondary market to screw over even more unsuspecting buyers.[frown]

Anyone that was part of that group buy should request a full refund of the $110 before the 6 months runs out, and get a BCG from say Windham Weaponry for $134. Only $24 more for a top quality product. That's what I'm doing, as soon as I receive my refund from this shady company.

The firing pin looks like it wasn't harden right or some thing.
That blows my mind.

The rest of it looks OK, just the tip of it is all mangled. I've never seen something like that in my life.

I have like 10 spare firing pins in my parts box, and even those aren't all ****ed up.

Damn I'm so pissed off.

after how hard we've been slamming them i doubt they will offer refunds for us guys who staked the carriers ourselves, we will have voided the warranty on their quality product or something.

watch.

I've sent Colin multiple emails today, asking if the call tag has been mailed to me today like he said it would, and he has not responded.

Would they have all the groupbuy names and info from before.. I have two bcgs not even tested yet.. I guess I know what I'll be doing on my day off this Friday.

I've sent Colin multiple emails today, asking if the call tag has been mailed to me today like he said it would, and he has not responded.

I am taking care of this today. Your return label will be emailed to you at the end of the day. And as I said in the previous post, my you seem to have allot of time to pass sin around.

Do you really think we would be in business if all the products we sold were "poop"? That is just nonsense. But thanks for all the poor press which is for the most part completely incorrect. I can certainly see how lawyers make so much money in slander suits. And again, here is the MOACKS STAKING PRESS we use before we test and fire all our Nickel Boron BCGs.

moackspress.jpg

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

I am taking care of this today. Your return label will be emailed to you at the end of the day. And as I said in the previous post, my you seem to have allot of time to pass sin around.

Do you really think we would be in business if all the products we sold were "poop"? That is just nonsense. But thanks for all the poor press which is for the most part completely incorrect. I can certainly see how lawyers make so much money in slander suits. And again, here is the MOACKS STAKING PRESS we use before we test and fire all our Nickel Boron BCGs.

View attachment 84978

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

Sorry, there is no way you guys (or girls) test fired his BCG with THAT firing pin. Pure horse crap.

BTW, stick to being a CSR because you don't know a thing about "slander". Pretty safe to say you are no aspiring lawyer....

[rolleyes]

I don't know but my goodness this customer sure has allot of time to pass sin around. I guess he would have been the only person in the crowd to be able to stone the prostitute to death in front of Jesus.

Here is our MOACKS STAKING PRESS with our BCG in it that you folks keep talking about. I'm wondering if we need to send it back as everyone seems to think it is not working properly.

View attachment 84977

View attachment 84978

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

do you stake all the carriers, or just the nickel-boron ones? just looking for clarification as two different posts say two different things in two different threads.

additionally what is the explanation for neil's firing pin and his BCG he has now, a new production one, which is improperly staked?

stating that what he is doing is "slander" is incorrect as until we're proven otherwise it is a fact that these carriers are not staked correctly. i can post them if necessary, but if you google the results of carriers staked with the MOACKS device--they do not look like even the new production carrier neil received.

here is one example, for the luls:

P1010500.jpg

P1010511.jpg

Neil, update OP with pic of your improperly staked BCG?
ICE Arms, you're digging yourself a very deep hole right now........quit while you're ahead, errr, where you're at.

Ice arms, nottom gave you a bad product review only. that is not slander at all, he even provided photo's of product. stay away from the legal statements you clearly have not idea what your talking about.

Hey Julie,

Not once did I say poop. I said that your product that you are selling, is a pile of dog shit. Get it right.

Look at the photo in the OP. My firing pin looks like it got stuck to a vibrator on high, and rotated around inside of a cheese grater for 3 days.

I have no time for you, if you want to be sarcastic. Two can play at that game.

How much time do I have to sit around all day?? I'm a ****ing truck driver, so I sit around about 60 hours a week, hauling ****ing trash all over New England! What do you do for a living, besides feed bull shit to people on an internet forum?!?!

The proof is in the pudding. Look at the photos in the 1st post. Are you denying that? Are you trying to say I mangled my own firing pin, to give you bad press?? What is it with you only talking about nickel boron BCG's?? These aren't nickel boron!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom