Ice Arms, and their QC issues. STAY AWAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntomsw

Banned
They are a vendor here, and really I don't care.

Problems with this vendor have been going on now for 6 months, since we did a group buy through them.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...L-Ice-Arms-BCG-Buy-(CLOSED)Update-post-1-6-24

Spend some time, and go through that entire thread. The problems first started with BCG's that were NOT properly staked. Now we have BCG's that don't pass a headspace check, and firing pins that looked like they went through a ****ing meat grinder.

www.icearms.us

Check out their website where they advertise "Properly staked carriers", but in reality, they are in fact NOT properly staked. This is what a PROPERLY STAKED BCG should look like:
ar-key-stake-2-082712.jpg

I am sure most of us here can say that is how our BCG's look, no matter who the vendor.

Also, on top of 2 of their BCG's failing headspace gauges, and being out of spec, and jamming rounds into my rifle, they ship their BCG's with firing pins that look like this:
image1_zps73c98cf5.jpeg

image_zps4eb0e7ad.jpeg

You can clearly see in that photo, that the firing pin on top is all mangled to shit at the top.

How does that get missed in the QC process???

Again, if you're a member read the group buy thread. Especially the last 2 or 3 pages, which chronicles all of my problems with them. Throughout the thread, you will see plenty of people having problems with them, and needing refunds, because their product is junk.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/626464_ice_arms.html

For those of you not wanting to read that thread. here are my recent problems with them:

11/5/13
My BCG is not working. It jams the rounds into my rifle, and doesn't load them properly.

My other BCG's work 100%, so I know it's not my rifle. It's this BCG.

I have PM'd Ice Arms bout a replacement.

11/6/13:
I heard back from him. He said he got a new batch today, and will send it ASAP.

He said the staking method is still the same as before though. That they do it that way so the gas key won't crack.

So, I'll need to find a way to restake it when it comes in.

11/12/13:
I got my replacement a few days ago, but just haven't had time to check the headspace, and go and test fire the BCG, to see if this one functioned properly.

BIG TIME ICE ARMS FAIL!!!!! [angry][angry]

I tested the headspace like I always do when I switch out my BCG's, and it failed!!!!! Just to be sure, I tested my other 3 BCG's on that same upper, and they all passed. (2 Remsport BCG's and 1 Windham Weaponry BCG) All passed with flying colors. This Ice Arms BCG failed on the .223 no go, and the 5.56 field gauge!

It's a brand new Palmetto upper, so I know it's not my upper. I also tested that same Ice Arms BCG on my other AR's, and again it failed.

I don't know who is making the parts for this company, but they are obviously retards! Now I have 2 piece of shit BCG's from Ice Arms. The first one was jamming rounds into my Palmetto upper, and this one won't even pass the go/no go tests!

I'm so damn pissed. I will be emailing them/PM'ing/texting them demanding a refund of my $110 for the group buy price. This thing is a pile of dog shit!!!!! [angry][angry][angry][angry][angry]

It's also staked like monkey shit again too!!!!! Learn how to make and properly stake a BCG! I'm sick of this shit. All of my other BCG's/parts/rifles function fine. Nope, not this shit from Ice Arms! I'll never deal with them again, and I will tell everyone I know to not deal with them either.

11/13/13:
Sir

I have spoken with Colin and apparently every part of our Quality Control procedure for our Nickel Boron BCGs has been followed. The BCG was first inspected for tool mark defects. Then it was put together by Colin. Once it was dry fired in our test rifle it was staked using our commercial staking press that we purchased from the inventor of the MOACKS staking system. Lastly we test fired the BCG at the local Manchester Range.

Go here if you wish to see how we stake our BCGs now. This picture was taken 4 days ago while being in receipt of our new EXO V2.0 carriers from Fail Zero.

http://www.icearms.us/products.cfm?show=843

And after all this, the product does not work for you. So that's fine. Please send it back and I will make sure receive a full refund. Why are we still in business if our products always fail? Because they don't. That being said, if you feel you need someone to yell at, PM me your phone number and I will call you and you can yell at me all you want. And we are sorry you are unhappy with our product.

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

My response to her 11/13/13:
I know how to check headspace on a rifle/BCG, and this one FAILED!

Send the call tag, so I can return this pile of shit. I just want my money back, so I can buy a PROPERLY STAKED BCG FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY, AND YOU'RE NOT IT!!!!!!!

Also, these aren't nickel boron. FAIL! [rolleyes] And in that link to the photo, it's still not staked properly. [puke]

It goes on from there.....

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the improperly staked BCG they sent you?

Thanks man! Good luck with the crusade, you've convinced me to NOT buy anything from them either.

BTW, I don't think that customer service girl knows the difference between a staked BCM and a tampon...

I'm pretty bummed out about this. I had a BCG as well as an 18" barrel from them on my build list for this next rifle.

The second one I got from them (the one pictured) is still not staked properly. Not as bad as some of the others that other people received, but still not like my carriers from Remsport or Windham. The first one i got from ice Arms, dropride had to re stake, with a tool he had to buy, because of this whole group buy debacle.

For those of you not wanting to read that thread. here are my recent problems with them:

11/5/13
My BCG is not working. It jams the rounds into my rifle, and doesn't load them properly.

My other BCG's work 100%, so I know it's not my rifle. It's this BCG.

I have PM'd Ice Arms bout a replacement.

11/6/13:
I heard back from him. He said he got a new batch today, and will send it ASAP.

He said the staking method is still the same as before though. That they do it that way so the gas key won't crack.

So, I'll need to find a way to restake it when it comes in.

11/12/13:
I got my replacement a few days ago, but just haven't had time to check the headspace, and go and test fire the BCG, to see if this one functioned properly.

BIG TIME ICE ARMS FAIL!!!!! [angry][angry]

I tested the headspace like I always do when I switch out my BCG's, and it failed!!!!! Just to be sure, I tested my other 3 BCG's on that same upper, and they all passed. (2 Remsport BCG's and 1 Windham Weaponry BCG) All passed with flying colors. This Ice Arms BCG failed on the .223 no go, and the 5.56 field gauge!

It's a brand new Palmetto upper, so I know it's not my upper. I also tested that same Ice Arms BCG on my other AR's, and again it failed.

I don't know who is making the parts for this company, but they are obviously retards! Now I have 2 piece of shit BCG's from Ice Arms. The first one was jamming rounds into my Palmetto upper, and this one won't even pass the go/no go tests!

I'm so damn pissed. I will be emailing them/PM'ing/texting them demanding a refund of my $110 for the group buy price. This thing is a pile of dog shit!!!!! [angry][angry][angry][angry][angry]

It's also staked like monkey shit again too!!!!! Learn how to make and properly stake a BCG! I'm sick of this shit. All of my other BCG's/parts/rifles function fine. Nope, not this shit from Ice Arms! I'll never deal with them again, and I will tell everyone I know to not deal with them either.

11/13/13:
Sir

I have spoken with Colin and apparently every part of our Quality Control procedure for our Nickel Boron BCGs has been followed. The BCG was first inspected for tool mark defects. Then it was put together by Colin. Once it was dry fired in our test rifle it was staked using our commercial staking press that we purchased from the inventor of the MOACKS staking system. Lastly we test fired the BCG at the local Manchester Range.

Go here if you wish to see how we stake our BCGs now. This picture was taken 4 days ago while being in receipt of our new EXO V2.0 carriers from Fail Zero.

http://www.icearms.us/products.cfm?show=843

And after all this, the product does not work for you. So that's fine. Please send it back and I will make sure receive a full refund. Why are we still in business if our products always fail? Because they don't. That being said, if you feel you need someone to yell at, PM me your phone number and I will call you and you can yell at me all you want. And we are sorry you are unhappy with our product.

Regards,

Julie
ICE Arms CSR

My response to her 11/13/13:
I know how to check headspace on a rifle/BCG, and this one FAILED!

Send the call tag, so I can return this pile of shit. I just want my money back, so I can buy a PROPERLY STAKED BCG FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY, AND YOU'RE NOT IT!!!!!!!

Also, these aren't nickel boron. FAIL! [rolleyes] And in that link to the photo, it's still not staked properly. [puke]

It goes on from there.....

BCG i personally received:

fxe5gh.jpg

improper staking, weak extractor spring. haven't torn it down to check it out completely, but i should probably do that when i get home.

The second one I got from them (the one pictured) is still not staked properly. Not as bad as some of the others that other people received, but still not like my carriers from Remsport or Windham. The first one i got from ice Arms, dropride had to re stake, with a tool he had to buy, because of this whole group buy debacle.

Can you post a better pic? That one is way out of focus.

fxe5gh.jpg

improper staking, weak extractor spring. haven't torn it down to check it out completely, but i should probably do that when i get home.

Can you post a better pic? That one is way out of focus.

Sorry. Mine pretty much looks just like the photo atilla posted. Slightly better, but not much.

The staking at this point, isn't even the issue. It's the 2 BCG's I have here, that are way out of spec, and now a firing pin that looks like it does.

If the BCG's were actually in spec, I'd re-stake them myself and move on.

mine was staked by dropride, but i am not sure how it'll function as it is as of now untested. will be throwing it in an AR pistol at the end of the month and will report back.

In the other thread you said this:

Not Nickel Boron?

No, these were not nickel boron BCG's.

They were phosphate coated.

I don't even know where the girl got that info from.

- - - Updated - - -

mine was staked by dropride, but i am not sure how it'll function as it is as of now untested. will be throwing it in an AR pistol at the end of the month and will report back.

Make sure you check it with a headspace gauge. I have some if you want to borrow them.

fxe5gh.jpg

What is all over the bcg? lint? Were you walking around with it in your pocket? [smile]

neil, might take you up on that. never had a problem before, but also never had a POS like this before, either.

cap, they came this way, i think it's particles from the cardboard they were packed in.

Other members like mlaboss had issues with them too with his BCG, and requested a full refund.

I believe there were others as well.

that sucks man. After the RRO debacle, I've stayed away from start up companies who were only trying to make a buck following the Newtown tragedy for this exact reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well, there's companies to do business with... and there's companies not to do business with. Now I know which category ICE Arms is in.

Posts 460-481 are pretty telling.

This company sucks, and I hope the word gets out, so no one on this forum will do business with them.

I don't care who you are, THAT is NOT a properly "staked" BCG. And if you're defending that as "proper", then you do not have a clue as to what you're talking about and have no right selling ANYTHING at all.

Supposedly Colin, who I believe is the owner or something, assembled my BCG himself.

If so, how did he miss that mangled up firing pin??? Unreal. [puke]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom