I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

Outstanding letter. Thank you for a well thought out piece.

It's also amazing how ignorant and hate-filled some of the comments are. They deflect, insult and go straight to name calling. Not sure if they read the same letter I did or if they are just angry at how well it covered the subject of addressing an angry, ignorant person who wanted the whole commuter train to hear how angry and ignorant he is.

Last edited:
Great letter. Comments following it seem to verify that liberalism is indeed a mental illness...

We had Thanksgiving with a friend of my wife...she's a rabid anti-gunner and completely hopeless libtard. I'm sure she would've shit her pants if she knew I was carrying, lol.

ETA: Here's one of her Facebook posts my wife showed me...[puke2]

Dear Santa all I want for Christmas is for you to dismantle the NRA so my daughter can grow up in a safer country. While you are at it please charge all members of this organization and those congressman paid off by the NRA to vote against increasing background checks with involuntary manslaughter. May there be peace on Earth.

Last edited:
2OqJIF4.jpg

btw, DON'T buy or subscribe to the Globe. it's an anti-gun propaganda mouthpiece for the intellectually blind liberals, with no impartiality whatsoever. I get the Wall St Journal, which is a great paper with solid, common sense op/ed pages. I read the NYTimes online, but that seeming political org won't get a dime from me anymore!

I sat next to him for about 40 minutes and overheard two lengthy conversations. I can assure.you he was a liberal. I overheard a lot but only chose to share a portion if what he said. I know there are MANY people who share his beliefs. I just wish people like his realize just how angry and bigoted they sound to those around them. It's sad really.

Remember what Ron White says "You can't fix stupid" !

Is it possible to post links in the Globe comments section? I don't have a subscription and so can't post comments, but I was thinking anyone on this forum who does should simply post the following link about the 65 year old Grandmother who shot a D-Bag up in Manchester, NH a few days ago: http://www.unionleader.com/Grandmother-65-says-she-shot-man-who-tried-to-mug-her.

I see a lot of lib-tard comments arguing that there's no need for self defense carry. I think the link helps (pardon the pun) shoot that theory down rather succinctly.

That's something I would read on a gun forum but not something I would publicize. I am not a fan of the sheepdog mentality where people should appreciate that my gun kept them safe. Also while most anti gun people are liberals, this column seemed to attack a partisan standing based on one political view. Not that I am guilty of that as well but I tend to filter that when talking to non gun people.

To seem as least self righteous as possible, I just tell people my safety is my responsibility and I attempt to practice that. Sure I would help someone else if needed and I would like someone to help me when I need it but I don't need to be recognized for it.

Overall it is written better than I could do though.

Kudos to that because it's better than anything else I've read in the news lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Linden - I don't know you. But I know your kind. I'll take my chances without you or your gun. No thanks. I don't need it. You are just as likely to shoot an innocent bystander as the "bad guy". You are just as likely to be the first one to run away, gun or not - because you're a paranoid and fearful guy who lives in some kind of Clint Eastwood fantasy world. Or is it Chuck Norris? Maybe you fancy yourself Steven Seagal or Jason Bourne. James Bond? Whatever. Man, you're not helping anyone if trouble comes. You'd be the first person to cut and run or cry like a baby. Get real.

The intelligence is strong in this one. He thinks that someone intentionally trying to kill you is less dangerous than someone protecting themselves. You got it bub. I'll raise my hand and ask the killer to excuse me because I have a firearm and I'm way to dangerous for this party. I'm sure you'll be better off with the safer guy anyway.

I must have missed the movies where Eastwood, Norris, etc ran like sissies.

I shared it this morning on the GOAL facebook page and it's had the most views/shares of any post on the GOAL FB page. Ever.

Your letter just made Instapundit which is one of the most read/linked blogs in the country.

Last edited:
The intelligence is strong in this one. He thinks that someone intentionally trying to kill you is less dangerous than someone protecting themselves. You got it bub. I'll raise my hand and ask the killer to excuse me because I have a firearm and I'm way to dangerous for this party. I'm sure you'll be better off with the safer guy anyway.

I must have missed the movies where Eastwood, Norris, etc ran like sissies.

With that one? Almost every poster on there is lacking in the intelligence department. Love how they keep pushing all the lies through false stats too. Along with the whole "How many times has a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy or mass shooting?? NEVER"..... [thinking]

You know you did it right when the vein in their forehead pops out and they break out with a groin rash while foaming at the mouth . [rofl]
Struck a nerve.
Nicely done.

Most of these libtards seem to have a "this letter is bogus" or "this never could have happened" mentality. The Boston Globe (aka Pravda) should open up the comments section to non Globe subscribers which would really make their heads explode. Then again, Pravda, err the Globe is not in the business of spewing the truth just their ultra liberal, progressive, democrat BS propaganda!

Pay no attention to the 50 nitwits who will comment negatively under your piece.
i see the same 50 names moon batting it up on every gun story.

they are so looney, it makes rosenthal look almost honest.
I think you have to be a Globe subscriber to comment? So that's basically a few dozen retirees....

The comment that stated, basically, that all vets have PTSD - well, all rightee, then!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom