I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

Well done. [thumbsup] But it will probably prompt a push to ban firearms on trains and buses now. That's how they think ya know. [rolleyes]

Awesome letter, thank you! Very well written and to the point.

Well done. [thumbsup] But it will probably prompt a push to ban firearms on trains and buses now. That's how they think ya know. [rolleyes]

A lot of people think that the MBTA is a gun free zone, which may be the only reason why they haven't pushed for it to be made one yet. There was a thread here a while back where some moonbat on the CR was asking on the customer service twitter feed if guns were allowed on the train, since she saw someone (probably a security guard or plainclothes LEO) carrying and it made her feel "incredibly uncomfortable".[rolleyes]

EDIT--link: http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...mmuter-rail/DE3BLHqD1Lzxpk3eg8spLJ/story.html

Last edited:
Great letter! Well written, clear & concise and will definitely cause high blood pressure to the liberal anti-gun sheep's who actually think the world is full of unicorns & rainbows! Rep sent.

Great letter, and I can't believe that propaganda rag will publish it! That's so impartial of them to actually give our point of view!

I don't know why I just clicked on the globe comments. I'm going to stroke out one of these day's reading sh*t like that. Very good letter. But the anti's can NOT be reasoned with.

Reps sent, as promised.

I have an issue with only one of your sentences.

When I boarded the commuter rail, you were already in the midst of a spirited phone conversation and didn’t seem to care about how loud you were talking. You were talking with someone about the Paris train attack and the growing epidemic of gun violence in America.

The Paris train attack happened, but there is no "growing epidemic of gun violence in America," and using a phrase like that tends to legitimize their narrative about why guns are bad. You're a good writer, and I only mention this small point so you may take it into account in the future.

Last edited:
There are ways this could have been written a little better, but regardless, the antis will find issue with anything in regards to a a peaceful gun owner minding his business on the train.

Saying your gun kept everyone safe is questionable, because no situation presented itself, and they latched onto that to call you paranoid and even an *******. It certainly would have been true if some scoundrel did attempt something.

They simply hate us. Because we are proof that not everyone with a gun is a killer and we partake in a hobby or passion they despise.

All in all, a pretty good letter. The comments highlight their bigotry .

Last edited:
Excellent work, keep up the good fight. A lot of these people are so uninformed it's amazing about legal gun ownership and law abiding citizens. To dumb it down, they think that all guns are fully automatic and no one should have them, but only the cops and people who protect the rich.

There are ways this could have been written a little better, but regardless, the antis will find issue with anything in regards to a a peaceful gun owner minding his business on the train.

Saying your gun kept everyone safe is questionable, because no situation presented itself, and they latched onto that to call you paranoid and even an *******. It certainly would have been true if some scoundrel did attempt something.

They simply hate us. Because we are proof that not everyone with a gun is a killer and we partake in a hobby or passion they despise.

All in all, a pretty good letter. The comments highlight their bigotry .

He wrote the letter just fine.

He wrote the letter better than you or I.

Because you or I did not write any letter at all.

He took action, vs. just pontificating here . . .

He wrote the letter just fine.

He wrote the letter better than you or I.

Because you or I did not write any letter at all.

He took action, vs. just pontificating here . . .

This.

I would have written it differently, but I did not write this one. I've written to the Glob, got it printed, and was eloquent [laugh] enough to incite a response from an Anti, which they also published [shocked].

And, all I was doing was inviting an ignorant (not pejorative) Anti to the range, to see the reality of shooting.

If every poster here on NES spent 10% of their posting time (myself included) in "community outreach", not preaching to the converted, we'd all be in a better place.

Write your local paper; if there's a community bulletin board/website, post there; speak out in political venues. And, not just "What part of 'Shall not be infringed don't you understand?!?!?!?'" Run for your local town meeting (I know of one NESer that's taken on that Glorious Burden). If your club has a Scout Troop come out to shoot, call the paper. If your club hosts a Basic Pistol or Hunter Ed course, get the news out..

Antis are pretty much a lost cause. Nons can be won over. That's where the battle lies. The Antis in the Glob responses (I could not log in, my subscription lapsed) are not going to be persuaded; but the Nons that read a well-thought out missive may "get it." Or not. But, at least the attempt was made.

Sir,

Well written. Should also send it to the Herald, "Patriot" Ledger, and other newspapers in this area. Also, since you are NRA, why not send it to there, perhaps it would be reprinted.

Read it with comments. The antis are entitled to their opinions, no matter how ignorant they might be. Changing their minds and attitudes to those they disagree with is difficult for me to imagine what that would take. It is important for the opposing view to be presented loud and clear at every opportunity. The antis control the airways and the thought police.

Well done just the same. Need more of it.

Last edited:
haha one of the comments the person said when ever your in trouble it will always be a liberal that ends up saving you. lol thats good stuff

I read a few comments, I can't go any further.
I think they just want us to defend ourselves with words and hope the police show up in time.........

Nice letter, though you know it's going to be followed by a demand that the mbta be a "gun free zone" maybe with tsa metal detectors at every train door...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I read the comments as I often do. I'm interested in learning how people think, even though I may disagree with them. I find it curious that many people think that we who carry firearms are living in fear. I find it quite the opposite: I feel no fear in my everyday life. They continue to spout debunked statistics and will not stand to be corrected--you know, the old "you or your family is more likely to be killed by your gun...," "90% of Americans...," and my favorite, "no good guy with a gun has ever stopped a mass shooting." After all, it's just common sense.

The difference I see is this:

The Libs believe that nothing will happen - most of the time they're right. There have not been a lot of shoot-em-ups on the T, recently.

People who carry believe that nothing will happen - but try to be ready for the possibility that something will.

One of the comments said, "the police will protect us." Carriers know that cops are few and far between.

If a Lib admits that the cops will not be there to save them, it means that their world view is faulty. And, it's better to deny and belittle others, than to admit that the World may get them, in the end.

Back
Top Bottom