I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

Yes, they are publishing it tomorrow. At least that's what they told me. They said it was much longer than their usual letters but thought it was relevant and provided a different viewpoint then is often seen in the paper. After some back-and-forth emails and a few edits they approved it.

Your 1/3rd of the way there with the approval.

2/3rds is if they actually publish it; and 3/3rds will be if the Globe manages to deliver papers to peoples' homes tomorrow without screwing it up [laugh]

Last edited:
Your 1/3rd of the way there with the approval.

2/3rds is if they actually publish it; and 3/3rds will be if the Globe manages to deliver papers to peoples' homes tomorrow without screwing it up [laugh]

Any of those crybabies will interpret it as a threat, and tell you straight up that they don't need your protection; you're just another gun nut who thinks he's Rambo going to save the world with your gun.

Any of those crybabies will interpret it as a threat, and tell you straight up that they don't need your protection; you're just another gun nut who thinks he's Rambo going to save the world with your gun.

True, but you can't reason with an Anti.

Nons, on the other hand, are another thing - they're often open to reason. And, OP's approach is better than shouting "What Part of Shall not be Infringed....."

Nice job.

If someone starts shooting normally my attitude is one of not getting involved and getting out of dodge but I suppose on a moving train you're quite trapped; might as well get in the fight.

I heard they edited it a bit:

To the man I sat next to on my way in to Boston:

I boarded the commuter rail.

I sat quietly next to you with my National Rifle Association membership card in my wallet and my 9mm pistol in its holster. I suppose I didn’t look like the “bloodthirsty gun nut” you thought I should be (as I had) so cleverly disguise(d) myself by wearing a fleece coat, Patriots hat, and khakis.

So, to the liberal who sat next to me on the commuter rail: I hate you. I have ill feelings toward you. I wish to do you harm. And I don’t regret that hate.

I would have been prepared and able to use my gun to defend my own life.

Opinions and ideologies make a pretty thin shield against the bullets of a madman.

:) I'm sure not given your back and forth.... but wanted to have a little fun with it.

ETA: By the way, superbly written letter.

Well said. Now let us hope that the guy who was ranting doesn't read it and start a crusade to make the T a gun-free zone!

Well written and it reflects reality. Too bad next week that guy will be leading the charge to make rail transit a GFZ.

Pay no attention to the 50 nitwits who will comment negatively under your piece.
i see the same 50 names moon batting it up on every gun story.

they are so looney, it makes rosenthal look almost honest.

Last edited:
Yes, they are publishing it tomorrow. At least that's what they told me. They said it was much longer than their usual letters but thought it was relevant and provided a different viewpoint then is often seen in the paper. After some back-and-forth emails and a few edits they approved it.
that would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom