• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I went to a certain "free" state today

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started looking after the 2010 election. I think the event that finally solidified my commitment to NH was the MA income tax vote. IIRC, the vote went down something like 70% against repeal to 30% supporting it. I saw the writing on the wall long before that though.

I put 30,000+ miles on my car between 2010 and 2011. We traveled from the Foxborough area to various points in NH: Weare, New Boston, Bedford, Raymond, Chester, Goffstown, etc. searching for a new place to call home. Sometimes we would go up on Saturday and do the whole thing again on Sunday. Lots of miles.

In the end, it's totally worth it. We made sure we also loaded up on taxable items that we would otherwise pay for in MA (and I still haven't paid a nickle of MA sales tax since the 2010 election -- other than the occasional meals tax -- don't even fuel up in MA, only fuel up in NH.)

I know some people are committed to fixing things in MA, but in the end, I don't think it's worth it. The people of MA, by in large, love their shackles. A "win" for MA, is the status quo, IMHO. If you can "tread water" with what you've got, that's a win. But, I fear that 7-round magazines will become the norm, waiting periods, "1-gun a month" laws are probably on the horizon.

I know some people are committed to fixing things in MA, but in the end, I don't think it's worth it. The people of MA, by in large, love their shackles.
Not so much shackles... more like EBT cards, fraud, corruption, graft, welfare, illegals, public service unions and one-party politics.

It is worth saving (parts of it anyway), but there aren't enough of us left to make it happen.

The field is free from weeds: no other use authorized

The fact that so many here cannot comprehend what freedom is shows how far down the crapper this country has fallen.

As discussed in another thread we will not be able to vote our way out of this.

As so many seem unwilling to pull together politically or even as activists, unless there is the modern day "Boston Massacre" there will be no revolution.

We may need to settle for isolated pockets of free(er) towns but even this is doubtful as most people refuse to trade material possessions and comfort for the benefits of what a constitutional republic has to offer.

So shut up, get in line, do as you're told, eat the GMO foods your gubbermit tells you are safe take the meds the gubbermit doctor tells you to take and watch the news your dem-0-rat leaders say is the truth. Vote for your favorite celebrity on dancing with the idols and rejoice knowing truly; ignorance is bliss.

Just because no-one is making you do something,doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

I think you figured it out.

Sure, NH doesn't have mandated car insurance, or mandated seat belts for adult occupants/drivers, or mandated helmet laws for adult riders, etc.

The basic NH ethos is this: The STATE isn't your father. It isn't your mother. The STATE won't tell you that you have to wear a helmet when riding or a seat belt when driving or to purchase car insurance, etc. That decision is yours and yours alone.

The fact that NH gun laws are amongst the best in the Union is a byproduct of this philosophy: Live free. You're an adult, make your own decisions.

This also explains why MA gun laws suck and will continue to suck for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom