• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I was I.D's as food... i survived w/o a gun

I gotta know. Had an incident today that should qualify me as a 1%. I was out doing my walk, breaking in my new bionic hip, when I was being approached by what might have been a bad a$$. Instead of crossing over to the other side of the street I walked straight at the trouble. Man, I glared right into that grandmother's eye that was pushing a stroller. You could see that she was backing down when she hurried off in the opposite direction. And, I did this knowing that my piece was not on me.

I gotta know. Had an incident today that should qualify me as a 1%. I was out doing my walk, breaking in my new bionic hip, when I was being approached by what might have been a bad a$$. Instead of crossing over to the other side of the street I walked straight at the trouble. Man, I glared right into that grandmother's eye that was pushing a stroller. You could see that she was backing down when she hurried off in the opposite direction. And, I did this knowing that my piece was not on me.

Those old broads can be tough. Foolhardy, that's what you are. I don't recommend this approach to others.

Lone Watie: How did you know which one was goin' to shoot first?
Josie Wales: Well, that one in the center: he had a flap holster and he was in no itchin' hurry. And the one second from the left: he had scared eyes, he wasn't gonna do nothin'. But that one on the far left: he had crazy eyes. Figured him to make the first move.
Lone Watie: How 'bout the one on the right?
Josie Wales: Never paid him no mind; you were there.
Lone Watie: I could have missed.

Damn, that was close! If she ever hit you with that diaper bag, you would have been a gonner [laugh]

Punks Mis-Identified Charlie B As Food Last Night...

Thought HE was food? Silly fool...only food here is in that D'AG BAG! Ppppshhhh....[laugh]

Death%20Wish%204.jpg

...he's back at it again tonight [smile]

deathwish009.jpg

Yeah, I'm friggin bored...

Thought HE was food? Silly fool...only food here is in that D'AG BAG! Ppppshhhh....[laugh]

Naw, Paul Kersey honeypotted the bastards.... [laugh]

I love the music.... [rofl] (starts at about 0:50)

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw, Paul Kersey honeypotted the bastards.... [laugh]

I love the music.... [rofl] (starts at about 0:50)

I remember the first time I went to NYC with the missus and rode the subway. This was probably 15 years ago (before the govt. pumped up the economy and everybody started spending like crazy and upgrading infrastructure.) We were sitting in the subway car - and she was looking around - and she said: " why are there holes all over the walls and ceiling of this subway car".

Hon - seriously - you're in New York City, what do you think they are?

Oh (shit).

Last edited by a moderator:
...We were sitting in the subway car - and she was looking around - and she said: " why are there holes all over the walls and ceiling of this subway car".

Oh (shit).

That was just emergency venting for when the A/C unit in that particular subway car fails. After all, you can no longer open the windows like in the old days.

I remember the first time I went to NYC with the missus and rode the subway. This was probably 15 years ago (before the govt. pumped up the economy and everybody started spending like crazy and upgrading infrastructure.) We were sitting in the subway car - and she was looking around - and she said: " why are there holes all over the walls and ceiling of this subway car".

Oh (shit).

Bernie Goetz was a little bit looney, but he had to commute every day on those things with valuable electronics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

This incident occurred during the 1980s, a time of unprecedented high crime rates in New York City. By mid-decade, the city had a reported crime rate over 70% higher than the rest of the U.S. In 1984, there were 2 homicides, 18 violent crimes, and 65 property thefts reported per 10,000 people. On average, 38 crimes were reported in the subway system each day; the subway became a symbol of the city's inability to control crime.

It gives you a new appreciation for it when you're sitting in the midst of it.

Back
Top Bottom