i need some new carry gun opinions

EPN

NES Member
I love my LCR, but there is room in the safe [smile]

Im looking between an M&P shield , an M&P 9c , a Walther ppk/s or a Sig p229.

I will most likely go with one of the M&Ps but some opinions on all would be great

Thanks, Eric

I suggest a Ruger SR9c be considered as well. Great gun for a good value.
The M&P line is really good but can take a bit of trigger work to lighten it up.
I can't say anything bad about a Sig P229 - very solid gun there.
I have always wanted a Walther PPK :) - pretty heavy for a small package and lacks a bit in capacity but I still want one.

I love my LCR, but there is room in the safe [smile]

I will most likely go with one of the M&Ps but some opinions on all would be great

Thanks, Eric

229 is so flawless its ridiculous. However, the gun being entirely stainless, its on the heavy side. The 229 (if you can find one) is a great choice.

i would like the 229 but like some of you said i cant find one anywhere to check out.

I don't get it - you have a carry gun, the LRC, you like it, but you want a different one, why? Just to be fashionable? Are you becoming one of those guys who changes his carry gun like my wife changes shoes?

Walther PPS for me.

Really try to handle/fire them all before you decide. I had problems with the shield, having kind of a fat hand when trying to release the mags on the shield part of my palm would still be in contact with the mag not allowing it to drop free and would have to change my grip to change mags, it's not an issue for me on the pps. I also did not like the mag release button on the shield it was recessed too much into the grip, my personal preference I like the mag release on the pps which is the same as the p22.

I would go with the 229 out of the bunch. Check out a sig 239 too. If you post your location people might let you try out what they have. If you're in the pioneer valley area or willing to come here you can try my 239.

Of your choices meh....

My favorite carry guns are the G30SF and the G19.

Capacity, 11 230 grain +P or 16 124 grain +P = The balls. Both of them have run 100% relaible, as one would expect of a Glock. Don't need trigger work out of the box. Both are easily concealable for me, The G19 gets the nod when I feel like carrying a little less weight.

just because i like it doesnt mean its everything i want. And what if i did want to be fasionable? whos to say i cant change it up whenever i want. dont be upset i can afford another gun :)

this is for tonydeto, forgot to quote

Of your choices meh....

My favorite carry guns are the G30SF and the G19.

Capacity, 11 230 grain +P or 16 124 grain +P = The balls. Both of them have run 100% relaible, as one would expect of a Glock. Don't need trigger work out of the box. Both are easily concealable for me, The G19 gets the nod when I feel like carrying a little less weight.

Massachusetts wont let me buy a glock, and they feel terrible in my hand.

How they feel in your hand is a personal thing, so OK.

But not being able to buy a Glock in MA is just plain wrong.

a new glock i should say, im not going to pay some inflated price for a 2nd gen glock, when i could buy a brand new M&P that will feel better in my hand anyway

That is a truly odd set of guns to put together in a single list.

The Shield is a subcompact, slim 9mm. The ppk is a subcompact .380. These two do fill the same niche and can be compared. Between the two, I'd take the Shield in a heartbeat.

The M&Pc and P229 are large guns and don't fill the same niche as a Shield or PPK.

That is a truly odd set of guns to put together in a single list.

The Shield is a subcompact, slim 9mm. The ppk is a subcompact .380. These two do fill the same niche and can be compared. Between the two, I'd take the Shield in a heartbeat.

The M&Pc and P229 are large guns and don't fill the same niche as a Shield or PPK.

not sure how small i want to go, i have large hands.

For smallish CCW I'm interested in learning more about the P290. The 229 is a bit large and heavy for my size for an every day concealable, and I've always liked the balance of the 228 better. The glock 26 is my current favorable for size/capacity/reliability.

Back
Top Bottom