i need some new carry gun opinions

Get either M&P--they are your best bet for value and function in this state. Will need a trigger job, but that's it.

For what it's worth, I have both a Glock 19 4th Gen and an M&P9c and I would take the M&P9c over the Glock any day. I love the platform. I had a trigger job from Lou at Businessendcustoms.com and it made a HUGE difference. It's a smaller, lighter gun than the Glock 19, but I swear the recoil felt is less.

M&P's are nicer guns than Glocks in many respects. I think they have better ergos, but I guess that's just what you're accustomed to really. The real advantages Glocks have is the ability to customize them (though M&P customization market is growing), how simple they are to take apart, and the "alleged" availability of pre-ban high-capacity magazines (but good luck finding any; I can't seem to).

Go somewhere and shoot them and see what you like.

Last edited:
That is a truly odd set of guns to put together in a single list.

The Shield is a subcompact, slim 9mm. The ppk is a subcompact .380. These two do fill the same niche and can be compared. Between the two, I'd take the Shield in a heartbeat.

The M&Pc and P229 are large guns and don't fill the same niche as a Shield or PPK.

The M&P9c is not a "large gun". It's pretty much the exact same size as the Shield--the only difference is in width, where the Shield is narrower because it is a single stack magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the .40 Shield, I have had mine for a few weeks and love it. Carries well, easily concealed and so far has fired flawlessly.

I'm sure they'll be arguments, but I dig my noisy cricket. (Bodyguard .380) small, easy to conceal, and it comes with a "friggin Lay-zer" (Dr. Evil voice)

Back
Top Bottom