I guess an age old NES debate is settled

Will get very interesting if Trump uses the Insurrection Act and puts Federal military troops on the streets. Overall I'm torn on this. On one side I'd love nothing better then to see some looters/rioters get a good beat down. On the other side civil disobedience has been the cornerstone of who we are as a people and how this country was founded. Tough perspective.
Two different concepts, two different groups.

My wife was watching the news on Sunday telling me... "See, Bostonians can protest peacefully." I told her to keep watching and see how long it takes before peaceful turns un-peaceful.... I think it took about an hour or so before things turned ugly.

My wife was watching the news on Sunday telling me... "See, Bostonians can protest peacefully." I told her to keep watching and see how long it takes before peaceful turns un-peaceful.... I think it took about an hour or so before things turned ugly.
The ugliness is planned subversiveness. It ain't the morons going ugly, but the morons will follow. Enemies of Heritage America break windows and set a new level of riot behavior and the joggers follow along. Blaming the joggers, talk of shooting the joggers etc is part of the spell. Fake racewar don't fall for it. Find and hang the subversives, but no one wants to do that cause they couldn't handle finding out who their real enemy is.

Reparations.

Incidentally, I agree with reparations. Any person able to prove he/she was a slave is entitled to reparations from the pool of living former slave owners.

I kid you not- they are pushing for reparations and there are politicians supporting that.

Yup, the founder of the BET channel says reparations should be $14 trillion. Even if we could afford it, it's not going to stop them doing what they are doing, so f**k reparations!

Richmond Police Chief William Smith: “One incident that is particularly poignant, that truly illustrates the seriousness of the issues we’re facing. Last night protesters intentionally set fire to an occupied building on [West] Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to in the last two days. But they prohibited us from getting on the scene. We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. The protesters intercepted the fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

He's either too dumb to know the difference, refuses to differentiate rioters from the actual peaceful protesters or is deliberately conflating the two to push an agenda.

Yup, the founder of the BET channel says reparations should be $14 trillion. Even if we could afford it, it's not going to stop them doing what they are doing, so f**k reparations!

F.T.S.

The first members of my family here didn't arrive in America until well after slavery, I ain't paying shit.

If the Federal Gov spends one dime on reparations Ill quit my job and eat out of dumpsters before I pay one cent in taxes to go towards it.

I work in Chelsea every day. Its one of the lowest income cities in MA. I was born there and lived there for 35 years. Im not sure the average white suburbanite realizes that most "poor" brown people arent living any worse off than the average blue collar white guy. I see more expensive cars in Chelsea than I do in the burbs.

Dont fall for all the poor people hype. Theyre lying to you. Im tired of hearing it and Im tired of watching clueless white suburbanites eat it up like its ice cream.

Last night, I saw fed agencies and cops moving on PEACEFUL protesters. Smack in the middle of the mix were NG and active duty soldiers. Posse commitatus be damned. So here you have it. The military WILL follow orders, period. All your little boogaloo dreams are out the window. Just because you don't like them doesn't make the protesters any less Americans. So, what makes you think they won't light YOU up when/if the time comes? We are SOL.

Which active duty soldiers are in the mix? I honestly don't know.

There's a lot of confusion about this. AD soldiers training for riot control or on alert for riot control are not the same as NG soldiers, called out by STATES, doing riot control. AD soldiers also aren't crushing protesters just because Trump has tweeted he wants them to.

AD troops go in when the States request them. I hadn't yet heard any of them had done so. I'm not sure about DC's status, but DC has a national guard as well. No idea who their commander-in-chief is.

A LOT of news outlets don't understand these distinctions, and neither do a lot of NESers. So i'm curious what the latest info is.

F.T.S.

The first members of my family here didn't arrive in America until well after slavery, I ain't paying shit.

The small community where some of my early ancestors settled was a well known conduit for the underground railroad. They were usually big fish in this tiny little burg so were likely involved or at least supportive. Am I getting a reward or at least fair compensation for expenses, compounded by ~160 years? My claim to a reward is every bit as valid as ANY claim for reparations.

I am definitely NOT paying jack shit and if the gov moves ahead will make it a special project to fight it and also to figure out a way to prevent paying taxes for my estimated contribution. This has to be the all time most preposterous crap I have seen put on the table.

Here is where the problem with getting NG or even the police involved

"Police said that shortly after midnight Monday, someone shot at officers from a parking lot at 26th and Broadway where a large number of people were gathered. LMPD and National Guard troops returned fire, killing McAtee, who ran a popular barbecue stand nearby.

Police said they don't know whether McAtee was the person who fired at police." my bolding.

Read that last line. The police don't know if it was McAtee who shot at them, yet the returned fire without knowing exactly where it was coming from!

Here is where the problem with getting NG or even the police involved

"Police said that shortly after midnight Monday, someone shot at officers from a parking lot at 26th and Broadway where a large number of people were gathered. LMPD and National Guard troops returned fire, killing McAtee, who ran a popular barbecue stand nearby.

Police said they don't know whether McAtee was the person who fired at police." my bolding.

Read that last line. The police don't know if it was McAtee who shot at them, yet the returned fire without knowing exactly where it was coming from!

Yup. It's called "the fog of battle." Happens in combat.

The Army doesn't really teach the vaunted Four Rules. Or at least it didn't when I was in. They're impractical in combat. It's one reason why combat troops make poor policemen, though these days that line has gotten blurred in both directions.

Bottom line: if you're anywhere near a riot, you need to understand that your safety is not assured once the State begins regulating that riot. You're 100% responsible for your own safety, and if you're not prepared for that, stay away even if it means watching your store burn down on live TV. It's just too easy to get shot unintentionally. Sure, your family will probably get some sort of settlement from the State, but that won't help you much. You'll be dead or maimed.

This isn't to say I'm against shop owners defending their inventory. This is to say they need to accept that doing so carries risk, and that it's on them to mitigate that risk.

This whole situation needs more arsonists/looters/assaulters shot dead on the spot by private citizens for all to see.
What is needed is law that makes the use of lethal force to protect property from theft or arson in times of civil unrest a justified action.

That store owner who shot someone protecting his store in the recent riots was arrested and will be judged in a calm air conditioned and fully secured courtroom long after the riots are a memory.

Last night, I saw fed agencies and cops moving on PEACEFUL protesters. Smack in the middle of the mix were NG and active duty soldiers. Posse commitatus be damned. So here you have it. The military WILL follow orders, period. All your little boogaloo dreams are out the window. Just because you don't like them doesn't make the protesters any less Americans. So, what makes you think they won't light YOU up when/if the time comes? We are SOL.
Using the insurrection act and military for rioters is different from issuing an executive order to go door to door confiscating Guns. But, I’m a little torn on this one. It’s all by design, and going to be a long summer and early fall.

Richmond Police Chief William Smith: “One incident that is particularly poignant, that truly illustrates the seriousness of the issues we’re facing. Last night protesters intentionally set fire to an occupied building on [West] Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to in the last two days. But they prohibited us from getting on the scene. We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. The protesters intercepted the fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

JFC
That put a knot in my stomach just reading it.
I'm all for cutting down anyone blocking emergency vehicles right in their tracks at this point.
Warn em once and then open up.

Call them what you want When Our Government wants to handle things they will. Been practicing in the middle east for how long now.
They (US Government) has been planning and practicing for this shit for a few hundred years now.
The sides need to decide for or against the Constitution and is it We the People or not.

In the end I feel like those with the most guns and the strongest will to use them will “win” what they win IDFK.
Keep your head up and eyes open

This isn't exactly new.... .gov and the "army" have moved on people considered not-scumbags by most of us.

Will get very interesting if Trump uses the Insurrection Act and puts Federal military troops on the streets. Overall I'm torn on this. On one side I'd love nothing better then to see some looters/rioters get a good beat down. On the other side civil disobedience has been the cornerstone of who we are as a people and how this country was founded. Tough perspective.

I'd rather see citizens shooting the looters and people breaking shit. The police and .gov types effectively make it worse because they have an agenda beyond just protecting
shit.

Dont be surprised when you find out that Antifa has had a little home grown 80% cottage industry effort going on for the last 1-2 years......
True. Also, whenever I see people celebrating record breaking NICS checks, I always wonder how many of them are for the other side.

I'd rather see citizens shooting the looters and people breaking shit. The police and .gov types effectively make it worse because they have an agenda beyond just protecting
shit.
We'd be better off if the police stayed home. Theyre barely doing anything to protect the citizenry anyway, at least if they werent around people could handle business without worrying about being locked up for protecting themselves and their homes/businesses

Dont be surprised when you find out that Antifa has had a little home grown 80% cottage industry effort going on for the last 1-2 years......

Cute, except that antifa isn't even the majority of these people. Antifa are enablers, etc, but numerically relatively pathetic. They basically have
co-opted a bunch of disaffected poors etc to do lots of the dirty work for them. Like when I saw footage of that cop car being jumped on in
boston, how many white antifa fatties were on that car? zero. They are probably in the background, though. Goading people into doing shit like
that.

-Mike

My FURY about this is .. listened to NPR today for a few 15 minute sequences... ALL OF it was on "How this peaceful protest voice must be heard, and the voice and message should not be squelched by TRMP or GOV's... "

I'm not sorry. As soon as someone messes up and starts destroying other peoples property to make their voice herd, taking women captive and raping them, and beating up people, that's not protected by free speech. Those are all well-known and agreed-upon crimes which should have very clear consequences.

While I agree with you in part, this whole thing happened the SAME week I saw all the people around me collectively stop wearing masks over night. Stop social distancing, and all of them suddenly break and become a**h***s.

This is more a RESULT of the lockdown than it is of COVID. We are all getting a lesson in what it means to attempt to coup up and animal-back-brained population.

Back
Top Bottom