I guess an age old NES debate is settled

If they want money for their great, great ,great, great whatever being sold as a slave then they need to look at Africa because it was their own and rival tribes that captured and sold them and i think the Portuguese. unless i'm remembering my history wrong. I know Americans sailed there and bought them, but i don't remember learning of any Americans running through the Jungle looking to catch them. I could be wrong but maybe we have members with a better history education then me... Paul

Nobdoy has come up ih an accepted definition of "civil". What makes "civil" disobedience different from regular "disobedience"? Or what makes a right "civil" in nature. Some courts have held that the 2A is a "civil right", but others have held it is a "right" but does not qualify as a "civil" one.
Maybe but you know it when you see it. Destruction of private property, theft and murder are all serious crimes (not j-walking), I think we can say that most people wouldn't say those were really covered under civil disobedience. :)

In 2018 the Census Bureau estimated around 47M African Americans.

Are you telling me that 43M out of 47M can trace back to slaves? ... I call BS on that.

There were about 4 million enslaved people freed at the end of the Civil War. That's only ten-ish descendants per slave, right?

I'm surprised the number is as LOW as 43m, given overall birthrates before the Depression.

There were about 4 million enslaved people freed at the end of the Civil War. That's only ten-ish descendants per slave, right?

I'm surprised the number is as LOW as 43m, given overall birthrates before the Depression.
You are right. That does seem very low.

Reparations for what?

I am in favor of offering them a trip back to Africa, the one way ticket paid by the Fed Govt. I think that would be fair, right? We are offering them a chance of sending them back to the land we stole their great great grand parents from.

But only to those that can trace their ancestry back to a slave.

I hate saying this, but if it wasn't for slavery, a lot of these people would not exist today, or they would be starving in Africa. The same way that if it wasnt for WW2, my grandfather wouldnt have met my grandmother, my mom wouldnt exist, my cousins wouldnt exist and I wouldnt exist. Should I file a lawsuit against the Italian govt and Germany for reparations because my grand father had to leave Europe?

I’d be generous as to the plane ticket, $10k in cash and 10 acres of land. I think we would get off cheap.

What is needed is law that makes the use of lethal force to protect property from theft or arson in times of civil unrest a justified action.

That store owner who shot someone protecting his store in the recent riots was arrested and will be judged in a calm air conditioned and fully secured courtroom long after the riots are a memory.
Well, if they are at the store and someone shows up with a Molotov cocktail, they would be defending themselves against the use of Deadly Force. If they protesters were just throwing bricks at windows/property, not so much. If it's at a person, again it's DF. So, keep some foggers of spray for the "non-lethal" attacks, and shoot the DF actors.
I cant believe that passed in 1807, to stop civil disorder, right after the most important act of civil disorder just finished.
As has already been mentioned, you had things like the Whiskey Rebellion as early as 1791-1794 (just 8 years after independence was won).

Nobdoy has come up ih an accepted definition of "civil". What makes "civil" disobedience different from regular "disobedience"?
Maybe but you know it when you see it.

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It's a RIGHT to demonstrate, but you have to do it peaceably!

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It's a RIGHT to demonstrate, but you have to do it peaceably!
Right so all the gov't has to do is send in one trouble maker and then gets to machine gun everyone down.

Right so all the gov't has to do is send in one trouble maker and then gets to machine gun everyone down.
Who is saying that? At what point do you resort to harsh tactics, once the entire city burns to the ground? Or how many innocent people must be brutalized and murdered before you apply law and order to the angry mob? These are not protests they are coordinated terror attacks.

Who is saying that? At what point do you resort to harsh tactics, once the entire city burns to the ground? Or how many innocent people must be brutalized and murdered before you apply law and order to the angry mob? These are not protests they are coordinated terror attacks.
That is true they are coordinated terror attacks. The people in the streets are just dumb puppets, they need to cut the head off the snake. Don't fall for the BS if only the joggers were put down. The rioters ain't your enemy, might not be your friend at times, but not your enemy.

Back
Top Bottom