Old threads….

I never quite understood why people dislike "necroposting". If a person has a relevant question or comment to make, isn't it better that they have taken the time to do a search of the forum on the subject, and then post in an existing thread, rather than starting a new thread on the same topic?

Granted, if it's just posting some drivel to an old thread, that's kind of annoying.

I never quite understood why people dislike "necroposting". If a person has a relevant question or comment to make, isn't it better that they have taken the time to do a search of the forum on the subject, and then post in an existing thread, rather than starting a new thread on the same topic?

Granted, if it's just posting some drivel to an old thread, that's kind of annoying.
This^.
The admins on one of the Honda sites I visit are rabid about closing threads after a short inactivity, which makes it impossible to append time-acquired knowledge on topics. I had posted info about a particular roof rack system on my car, and wanted to update the post about a year later with additional learned info- no go.

So I just saw the thread “shooting in the woods”. Half way through I realized it was from 2012 and someone replied bringing it back to the top of the post pile. Is there a way to stop this from happening expect by me paying more attention?
[rolleyes]

OP actually makes a good point. I know I have read through quite a few threads only to realize all of a sudden it was years old.

I notice that on some of these old revived threads there are postings by a friend I met on here that passed away years ago, kind of bothers me. :(

I know with other forums that I post on after a certain period of inactivity the thread is closed. I don't know if this happens automatically after a certain period of time or if the mods are just very attentive.

OP actually makes a good point. I know I have read through quite a few threads only to realize all of a sudden it was years old.

I notice that on some of these old revived threads there are postings by a friend I met on here that passed away years ago, kind of bothers me. :(

I know with other forums that I post on after a certain period of inactivity the thread is closed. I don't know if this happens automatically after a certain period of time or if the mods are just very attentive.
Post #9

So I just saw the thread “shooting in the woods”. Half way through I realized it was from 2012 and someone replied bringing it back to the top of the post pile. Is there a way to stop this from happening expect by me paying more attention?
Well, if you could somehow get @Zappa banned that would cut down on a lot of it!!

So now we jump all over someone for not doing a search before asking a question, Then the sample people complaint that an old post is revived…… seems to me like you just can win with some people
Correct. The right way is to search what you are looking for and continue the conversation.

This is settled science. People can't argue against it.

Why would it bother you to see posts from an old friend ?
Wouldn't seeing his posts from time to time help keep his memory alive ?
Are his words no longer valid now that he's deceased ?
Do you throw away photos of loved ones when they pass away ?

I don't dislike it I just think it's funny when someone revives a decade old thread and posts general stuff about it. Just nes humor is all.

So now we jump all over someone for not doing a search before asking a question, Then the sample people complaint that an old post is revived…… seems to me like you just can win with some people

Spell check might work !!!??? Probably not !! Maybe a "Make Sense" button might work !!!!

Is there a way to stop this from happening
worth a try to go to wellesley college today aside pro-palestenian crowd protesting madam clinton.
a good banner with an AR-15 and STOP NECROPOSTING will definitely bring some media attention, next to those checkered chicks.

Back
Top Bottom