I got a reply - 501 CMR 15.00 Firearm Exhibitions.

Got this email today.

Also see post #10.

=========================================

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting to express your opposition to the proposed regulations, 501 CMR 15.00 Firearm Exhibitions. These regulations seek to set standards of safety in firearm exhibitions at sporting or shooting clubs.

In the history of our nation, banning or severely limiting access to certain goods or products has not been a cure-all solution. I believe that it is important that we find a balance between public safety and individual freedom.

Thank you again for your letter. Should you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

If you would like news on the happenings at the State House, you can subscribe to my newsletter at www.patjehlen.org.

Best wishes,

Patricia Jehlen

State Senator

Last edited:
Got this email today.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting to express your opposition to the proposed regulations, 501 CMR 15.00 Firearm Exhibitions. These regulations seek to set standards of safety in firearm exhibitions at sporting or shooting clubs.

In the history of our nation, banning or severely limiting access to certain goods or products has not been a cure-all solution. I believe that it is important that we find a balance between public safety and individual freedom.

Thank you again for your letter. Should you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

If you would like news on the happenings at the State House, you can subscribe to my newsletter at www.patjehlen.org.

Best wishes,

Patricia Jehlen

State Senator

Soooooooo, does that mean she's FOR it or AGAINST it?

Got this email today.

Dear Michael,

Best wishes,

Patricia Jehlen

State Senator

In other words, "I'm for it! Now buzz off Jack!"

I believe that it is important that we find a balance between public safety and individual freedom.

She indicated that she feels that individual freedom and public safety are in direct conflict, and it's a matter of figuring out how much of one to give up for the other.

I believe that it is important that we find a balance between public safety and individual freedom.

Public safety begins with personal responsibility and personal saafety. If every individual started to take their safety and the safety of those around them into their own hands, would the public not be safer as a result?

Updated reply

I asked her, her position on this for or against it, here ya go.
------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Michael,

Unfortunately, this is really a regulatory question rather than a legislative issue. The question of how best to regulate Firearm Expositions is something on which I am not an expert. My understanding of this regulation is that it requires licensing, the presence of certified instructors and police details. I do believe in the need for regulation and oversight of exhibitions. However, I can understand the position of those who believe that these regulations would prevent shooting clubs from admitting any non-members without a police detail and would thereby curtail firearms instruction.

Given that this is a regulatory issue, I am not taking a specific position on this regulation at this time. If a bill is filed in the legislature addressing this issue I will certainly consider this issue at greater length and of course, I will take your thoughts into account as well.

Best wishes,

Pat Jehlen
State Senator
617-722-1578

Last edited:
Got this email today.

Also see post #10.

Dear Michael,

Best wishes,

Patricia Jehlen

State Senator

Once they say "find a balance between public safety and individual freedom." they will side with public safety and NOT INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM!!!! Another clown that has to be voted out!!!!

Translation: "We need to find a balance between using government coercion and you making personal decisions on how to peaceably live your live."

These priggish busy-bodies eek the crap out of me. Leave me the (expletive) alone!

Once they say "find a balance between public safety and individual freedom." they will side with public safety and NOT INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM!!!! Another clown that has to be voted out!!!!

Again though, they're trying to say that the two are mutually exclusive. They are not.

If they said what they meant:

Dear Michael,

I could tell you that I'm a progressive gun-grabbing hoplophopic puddle of freedom usurping vomit, but I think you knew that when you wrote to me. I could give a straight answer to your question, but I won't, and I think you know that too.

I'm here doing my job as an elected official, stripping you of your rights a little bit more each day, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it, now is there? Well is there? Michael?

No. There isn't. But you know that, too.

So if you know all this already, why do you waste your time contacting my office at all, you dumbass hick gun-nut summabitch?

If my office can be of any further assistance to you, I'd be surpried. Shocked, actually.

Now why don't you go sharpen up your pitchfork, fine tune you tinfoil hat, and spend a nice evening by the shortwave radio. All your rights are belong to us.

Best wishes,

Patricia Jehlen

State Senator

Back
Top Bottom