I did it again, I think I need an NES Intervention

Boys and Girls, I went to my friendly neighborhood gun shop and my eyes gazed upon a Henry .357 lever action. I put a deposit down on this baby.

Since joining NES in 2008 my collection has gone from a modest one rifle and one pistol inventory, to an inventory with numerous handguns and long arms.

I am asking my NES family to stage an intervention regarding my frequent bouts of Gun Acquisition Syndrome (GAS).

Please help me, think of the Children!

[smile]

[thumbsup]

I thought a NES intervention would be that you are having trouble buying enough guns. Kind of like going to an eating disorder support group, helping you find your inner strength to get back to buying guns with every cent you have.

"Please sit down, we are concerned about you. You haven't been complaining about how your safe is too small lately and you haven't filled out a 4473 in weeks!"

I wish you lived closer so I could see the sights with my own four eyes. How well do these sights work with people who are very near sighted and have trouble seeing small things?

very well, read the explanation on the web sight it explains why they work so well. Very similar to an AR or M1 sight.

I wish you lived closer so I could see the sights with my own four eyes. How well do these sights work with people who are very near sighted and have trouble seeing small things?

They work much better than the factory sights thats for sure.

I have the Henry in .45 Colt. You get no sympathy from me. Hell, I'll be right beside you banging plates all day.

And firing that thing more often is why I've expedited my forays into handloading. 45 colt is expensive if I can make it for less than $.30 a round with cast lead bullets.

Anyway, enjoy it - I'm loving mine to death and so do all my friends who use it.

I thought a NES intervention would be that you are having trouble buying enough guns. Kind of like going to an eating disorder support group, helping you find your inner strength to get back to buying guns with every cent you have.

"Please sit down, we are concerned about you. You haven't been complaining about how your safe is too small lately and you haven't filled out a 4473 in weeks!"
This was my first purchase in over eighteen months!

This was my first purchase in over eighteen months!

Oh my we didn't know it was this bad! There are resources out there for you, websites and centers ... even conventions/shows where you can get a positive influence back in your life! But just reaching out is such a great step.

oooohhhh. Nice work. I have a 44 mag marlin that my dad bought years ago for something under 100$. It jammed often due to a loose shell loading "door". I fixed that right up (loc tite this time) and installed skinner sights post haste. Its small, nice, accurate and I do believe it will got deer hunting next year in NH with me. And its a good 100yd plate ringer. Dont get me wrong, that Henry is waaay nicer than the old Marlin

Part two: I brought home the Henry and this Para followed me home. I'll post photos of the Henry in the AM, when I have better light.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom