How to get a new Glock in MA?

So I know that we can not buy a new Glock in MA.

Is there any way around this by possibly having someone buy one in another state and then me buying it off that person or something?

Thanks

No that would be against federal law.

The regulations suck but we have to deal with them, your best bet is to join GOAL (if you haven't yet) and help fight these asinine laws and regs.

So I know that we can not buy a new Glock in MA.

Is there any way around this by possibly having someone buy one in another state and then me buying it off that person or something?

Thanks

It is not illegal for you to buy a new Glock in MA. It is only illegal for a dealer to sell you one.

So if a private party somehow has a new Glock and that person lives in MA, and only mass, I can buy it from said person, I just cant buy it from a dealer?

Not only can you buy it from someone in MA that has one. You can also buy it from a dealer, if you find one thats willing to sell it to you. He will be in violation. Not you.[wink]

So the only way I can get a new Glock in MA is to buy one from a private party and possibly from a dealer? Are there many people around or dealers that will sell?

So, I can't buy a new Glock from someone outta state and have it shipped to a dealer?

So the only way I can get a new Glock in MA is to buy one from a private party and possibly from a dealer? Are there many people around or dealers that will sell?

So, I can't buy a new Glock from someone outta state and have it shipped to a dealer?

1. yes, not many people

2. no way Jose

newer generation 3 glocks are posted all the time in the classifieds. If you have patience you will find what you are looking for.

They are out there... "keep your nose to the pavement" so to speak.

Patience and persistence will allow you to find what you want at a reasonable
price.

-Mike

Brand-new is tough, since 99.999% of the time the transfer is basically a straw purchase, which is a complete no-no. You don't want to be on either side of that transaction. If you are looking for a 3rd Gen gun with little use, they are out there. I personally have a 3rd gen Glock 31 on consignment at First Defense in Uxbridge that is as close to new-in-box as I have seen in MA.

you could move to a free state, become a resident, go thru whatever you need to buy guns there, buy what you want, then move back to Ma.

WHY??

That'd be like escaping from prison and then sneaking back into the prison!! Definite grounds for a "psych eval"! [wink]

There is one other perfectly legal way to obtain as many new Glocks as your heart desires as a "subject" of MA!

Join a police force! [laugh]

True, but not the best reason to risk your life however.

What im about to say is absolutly true.. If, I mean If u have a friend that is a cop like i do, He has the right to purchase a new glock. then private sell it to u......

If you are a genuine dual state resident as defined by ATF regulations, you can by a handgun in your other state of residence during the period of time you actually reside there. Be careful not to sell this weapon when you change states or you might run afoul of the ATF for dealing without a FFL.

The ATF 2005 Guidebook provides the example of an "out of state college student" who can buy a handgun in the state he goes to school in during the term. Another, older, example on the ATF website is somebody who lives 1/2 of the year in another state, such as a snow bird and owns a home.

Brand-new is tough, since 99.999% of the time the transfer is basically a straw purchase, which is a complete no-no.

The definition of a straw purchase is buying a gun for somebody else who cannot legally buy that gun due to state or federal law. So you need to find the 0.001% of people who buy new glocks, never shoot them, and then move to mass, where they subsequently change their mind and decide to sell their glock even though they will never be able to repurchase it.

If you are a genuine dual state resident as defined by ATF regulations, you can by a handgun in your other state of residence during the period of time you actually reside there. Be careful not to sell this weapon when you change states or you might run afoul of the ATF for dealing without a FFL.

The ATF 2005 Guidebook provides the example of an "out of state college student" who can buy a handgun in the state he goes to school in during the term. Another, older, example on the ATF website is somebody who lives 1/2 of the year in another state, such as a snow bird and owns a home.

hmmmmmmm. now to find a dealer who will sell to me with an MA drivers license....

All i got to say is keep looking and bring your wallet [grin] Actually if you look hard enough you will find 3rd gen glocks for a good price. It depends on which ones you are looking for. 3rd gen G19's tend to be the ones most sought after, followed by G23's and so on.

As for having someone else buy a Glock, then transferring it to you after the fact. They will catch on and say something. I know a person who did this, and the bureau in Chelsea was NOT happy. The seller ended up having to go through this big ordeal. The seller ended up keeping thier license, and the buyer ended up keeping the gun. Basically, once the gun is in the state, there isn't much they can do. They would go after the seller, but why put yourself or anyone else at risk when there are plenty more out there already owned legally.

If you really want one and can't find one, just pay the money at Zero Hour.

Last edited:
Don't overlook "used"! Glock warranties ALL their guns FOREVER, regardless of how many owners it had and they do a great job of keeping their guns ticking longer than you or I will be on this earth!

It might give you satisfaction to pop the gun's cherry, but there really is no need to fixate on NIB only. Once you have it at the range the first time, it is no longer NIB!

Most all my guns are bought used, but NOT abused. No regrets.

Keep your eyes peeled, broaden your field of view and be patient and you'll find what you want legitimately.

Back
Top Bottom