• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many firearms did you buy in your first year?

ummm, hmmmm, how to answer this...

The first year wasn't bad but the past year....

I do hear helicopters over my house quite frequently lately.

We have 3 gunnies in our house...

I got tired of not being able to shoot my guns, so now I buy for the family all at once,so to speak.

Do I have to answer this question?

I only got one my first and second year, and 2 a year since then, usually right when taxes come back. Actually...all but one have been tax return funded...this year I should've bought another safe...good thing there's a little room in the budget...

how many firearms did you buy in your first year?

Not as many as I wanted, but it was the early 80's, I was in my early 20's, and didn't have the income I do now.
I only got 3 that first year, a Winchester Model 255, a Dan Wesson Model 15 and an S&W Model 41.
I still have that Model 41, I remember paying $290 for it, and it's still one of my favorites.
I traded away the other two since, but wish I kept that Winchester. [sad2]

I've only had my license for a little over 2 years, and I purchased all 8 of mine within the first 6 months. Sadly though I haven't purchased anymore since then, maybe it's because I'm really contemplating paying the ridiculous price for a Glock 17 here to complement my Keltec Sub2000 that I purchased from someone on here. I have had my eye on some other items but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay these jacked up prices now!!

Charles.

right now my wallet is sore from a combination of application fees for LTC and ranges I have purchased two rifles i plan on getting one more soon and that should last me a for a bit[laugh]

My first year just started on Saturday. I've purchased an M&P 40 so far. I'd still like to buy a pump shotgun (I have been eyeing the Rem 870) and a decent 22 rifle, looking at the M&P 15-22. I'm thinking that's going to have to wait until things calm down a bit though. They're about as hard to find as unicorn crap right now. After that I might look at something like a S&W jframe revolver for deeper concealed carry.

Last edited:
My first year just started on Saturday. I've purchased an M&P 40 so far. I'd still like to buy a pump shotgun (I have been eyeing the Rem 870) and a decent 22 rifle, looking at the M&P 15-22. I'm thinking that's going to have to wait until things calm down a bit though. They're about as hard to find as unicorn crap right now. After that I might look at something like a S&W jframe revolver for deeper concealed carry.
Replace the M&P40 with a Ruger SR9C for our first handguns, and your potential purchases look like 4 of my first 5!

I spent 28 years in the military and retired in late 2011, before the one year anniversary of my retirement, I purchased eighteen firearms of assorted manufactures and calibers.

"Live Free or Die"

I won't. Breaking the man code is no joke. My son is 11 and is well versed in man code etiquette. Breaking ' the code ' is a a serious offense in my home. Luckily, understanding the code has come naturally. [wink]

I have daughters, and I love them more than life itself, I wish I had a boy or two to round out the homestead, but my girls have come to know and respect the man code...God bless them for keeping the peace between me and the EX. Best of all they have exceeded my my expectations in every phase of life. Would not want to be the idiot boyfriend to piss them off...my shotgun is not needed[wink]

Back
Top Bottom