How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

** update****
Taunton, applied in November, 18?? Appointment on 12-7-13, came in the mail yesterday 1-14-14. Not bad. I mentioned it to a couple people that new some Taunton pd with rank, no clue if that was any help.

I live in Waltham and just picked up my restricted (hunting and target) LTC-A. Everyone I dealt with in the Waltham Police Department was very friendly and professional. I submitted my application on November 18[SUP]th[/SUP] and had my interview with the licensing officer on November 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. The interview was quick and straight forward and my application was entered into the system as I sat with the licensing officer.
I received a voicemail from the licensing officer on January 13[SUP]th[/SUP] stating that my license was available for pickup. 56 days from the time I submitted my application until the time I had my license in my hand. I think that is one of the faster turnaround times I have seen in this thread and that time period included 3 major holidays.
Regards,
Jeepdoc

my wife applied for LTC in Franklin

she visited PD on 17 Dec 2013, was asked no questions beyond what was required by form

received unrestricted LTC in mail 16 Jan 2014

Final Update

Town: Hopedale
Special consideration: Wife's application. She is Austrian national, resident alien.

10/1/2013 - Called for appointment, no delay.
10/9/2013 - Held appt for entering application, pictures, and fingerprints. LTC-A ALP requested. No clarifying or prying questions asked.

Informed that it should take about 12 weeks.

1/14/2014 - called state to check on application. They informed that it was sent to town on 12/18/2013. Called Hopedale PD and left friendly message of inquiry on LO's vmail.

1/17/2014 - received LTC-A, Restrictions: None

Time for some shopping this weekend!

My wife submitted her LTC application on 1/16/14 to the local PD so we'll see what transpires?

update: 1 week and still no call from the PD after dropping off her application. printed 1/23/14.
Wife is still waiting.... the saga continues.

Last edited:
Berlin.

Applied mid-Aug. Got it this week. Approx 5 months. The state "lost it" one time so the local PD had to resubmit it, probably adding 6 weeks to the wait.

I was glad to see that there have been no licensing changes with the arrival of the new chief. Still have "Restrictions - none" on the card.

I have a friend that called his local PD in April, got his interview 4 months later in August and just received his LTC, total time 9 1/2 months incredible!!

Fingerprints and interview 12-7-13, was told 10-12 weeks. 4 down 6-8 to go! Hopefully....
Taunton
have to admit, interview was really just a "hi we're going to take your prints now". Went very easy and smoothly, and I was appreciative they do it on Saturday mornings instead of Tuesday like Fall River.

funny because taunton only doesn't Monday thru Thursday.

Once you have completed your application and have your Basic Firearms Safety/Hunter Safety Course Certificate, if required, bring your application, certificate and application fee to the Clerk's Office at the police station on Monday thru Thursday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Tauntonpd.com

You can drop off the application with the clerk Monday through Friday, i asked when i got there on a friday morning if i had to come back monday. was told they put that on the website to limit traffic at the station on fridays, but the appointments are all on Saturday.

Renewal in Winchester about three weeks. Incredibly painless. No need for picture either as they pull it from the rmv site so it matches my drivers license.

I applied in Marblehead on Dec. 9th and was told it would take 90 days. I just got a call yesterday saying it was ready so it was only about half the time they told me.[smile]

Got my LTC-A unrestricted from Taunton yesterday in mail. Dropped off application 12/27, "interview" on 1/4 (like JDow said, really no interview) and license came in yesterday 1/27. Really really suprised at how "quick" it was. If it interests anyone, I just turned 21 and have never had any sort of LTC or FID before. Friend in same situation as I got his in about four weeks total as well. Taunton seems to have it together.

Below is my experience with the city of Methuen, MA and the Methuen Police Department.

Sat Nov 9, 2013 - Took the MA Gun Safety course.
Mon Nov 18, 2013 - Sent in my LTC application.
Mon Nov 25, 2013 - Recieved call to schedule interview at police station.
Mon Dec 2, 2013 - Went in for the interview. They told me the wait was 14 weeks which brought me to March 10, 2014.
Fri Dec 6, 2013 - The check was cashed through my bank. I fully expected March 10, 2014 as the due date.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 - Recieved the call that my license was ready! Class A no restrictions. The shopping has begun!

The City of Methuen was easy to deal with, super professional, courteous, and got the job done in half the time they said it would. What more could you ask for from a city that was red for the longest time? They're doing a great job and it shows in the results. Thanks to the MPD for getting it! [grin]

Holden
Applied for renewal 12/10/2013
Check cashed 1/10/2014
The wait begins.
LTC-A Restrictions: NONE Arrived yesterday, February 4th.

Exactly 8 weeks. Still over the 40 days required by law, but much faster than I was expecting.

I know of someone who applied well before me for their first one in N. Brookfield that is still waiting and keeps getting "Any day now" from their local PD.

Got my LTC-A unrestricted from Taunton yesterday in mail. Dropped off application 12/27, "interview" on 1/4 (like JDow said, really no interview) and license came in yesterday 1/27. Really really suprised at how "quick" it was. If it interests anyone, I just turned 21 and have never had any sort of LTC or FID before. Friend in same situation as I got his in about four weeks total as well. Taunton seems to have it together.

my LTC renewal in Taunton last year took 10 weeks as the PD was absolutely buried with apps and renewals...i've renewed 3 times in Taunton now and the PD has always been very cooperative...

A friend just got her LTC in Dartmouth. Looks like they are speeding things up. Called in November I believe, appointment January 15, issued Feb. 14 no restrictions.

Taunton, Class-A, No restrictions

Submitted app, paid, scheduled appt on Dec 31st 2013
Had appt, photo, fingerprinting on Jan 11th
Received License on Feb 15th
Five weeks

Does anyone know how long the background checks are taking now? I heard that that is the major backlog these days - how fast the MSP are with the turnaround time on that. I had my interview/fingerprinting Feb 11 with BPD, qualified at Moon Island Feb 12. The licensing officer told me ~4 months, the guys at Moon Island said ~6 months, I'm not sure who has the most recent data.

Back
Top Bottom