How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

6/03-Dropperd off application and Interview
9/27 license issued
10/02-Got a call to pick up my LTC-A No restrictions

Finally !

Ashland

You know, it would be a revelation if we could just get those who have sworn an oath to uphold the law to simply follow it.

40 days per MGL. If you can't make that deadline, pull cops of the street and put them in processing apps, then complain to the brass.

You know, it would be a revelation if we could just get those who have sworn an oath to uphold the law to simply follow it.

40 days per MGL. If you can't make that deadline, pull cops of the street and put them in processing apps, then complain to the brass.

Gun shops can do a NICS check in 5 minutes. Makes you wonder what the holdup is.

Gun shops can do a NICS check in 5 minutes. Makes you wonder what the holdup is.

Jason, you're missing the WHOLE point. The state and their background check is not the problem. The problem is local PDs, willfully LYING to the people whose laws they have sworn to uphold, intentionally delaying the submission of the information.

This is why you have some places that take 3 weeks and others that take 8 months.

Jason, you're missing the WHOLE point. The state and their background check is not the problem. The problem is local PDs, willfully LYING to the people whose laws they have sworn to uphold, intentionally delaying the submission of the information.

This is why you have some places that take 3 weeks and others that take 8 months.

Well if that's the case it sure does seem like it would be a reportable civil rights violation.

The Official Website of the Attorney General of Massachusetts said:
There are various state and federal laws that protect your rights to access education, employment, housing, financial services, healthcare, transportation, voting, and marriage, as well as your free speech and privacy rights, among others.

For example, if you have been the victim of threats, intimidation or coercion based upon your race, color, national origin, religion, age, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, or because you engaged in a protected activity (for example, the right to vote, or the right to obtain an education, or the right to freely associate), your civil rights under the Massachusetts Civil Rights Act may have been violated.

We will contact you within one week of the receipt of your complaint. If you have filed a complaint with the Civil Rights Division and wish to learn about its status, you may contact the Civil Rights Division by calling (617) 727-2200

Last edited:
City : Worcester

Received it today, 10/3, LTC A no restrictions. 12.5 weeks total from interview.

Issue date was 9/21/2012

Last edited:

Amen don

Andre

4 months for me in Everett. Makes me sick that I've done everything asked of me, and yet get no such courtesy from the city. They can cash my $100 dollar check though. Disgusting abuse of power.

Young first time Applicant, Chelmsford, MA

8/21 Dropped of Application
8/27 Fingerprinting
10/3 Got call and picked up LTC A No Restrictions!

[party]
Now the wait to find someone selling a Glock 19 to make my first purchase!

So i called in and said that i need to get a call to update me on what the status is.......
got a call 2 hours later that my LTC A was ready to pick up.

almost made the wait worth it!

Well folks, the wait is OVER!

Numerous attempts to make an appt. Began in April.
Interviewed, printed etc.... On may 28th.
Several calls, including a discussion with the chief.
Multiple calls to the FRB got me nowhere, that is until last week.
Finally got a good guy on the line at the FRB and he said:
"call the issuing officer."
"sir, I did...at least 5 times."
"call the chief then."
"sir, I did and spoke to him at length."
"what happended?"
"He blamed everything on the state, and assured me that the officer was doing everything quickly as possible, and then he told me to wait another month."
"ohhhh, really now?"
"yes he did."
The FRB guy then took all my information.....and I could hear him typing away, etc.... He then told me I could expect it in another week or so. A week and a half later, my phone rang and it was ready to pick up at the station.
Date of issue, sept 30th.
No restrictions.

First on the shopping list, Kahr PM9.
Good luck to all those still waiting!

Well folks, the wait is OVER!

Numerous attempts to make an appt. Began in April.
Interviewed, printed etc.... On may 28th.
Several calls, including a discussion with the chief.
Multiple calls to the FRB got me nowhere, that is until last week.
Finally got a good guy on the line at the FRB and he said:
"call the issuing officer."
"sir, I did...at least 5 times."
"call the chief then."
"sir, I did and spoke to him at length."
"what happended?"
"He blamed everything on the state, and assured me that the officer was doing everything quickly as possible, and then he told me to wait another month."
"ohhhh, really now?"
"yes he did."
The FRB guy then took all my information.....and I could hear him typing away, etc.... He then told me I could expect it in another week or so. A week and a half later, my phone rang and it was ready to pick up at the station.
Date of issue, sept 30th.
No restrictions.

First on the shopping list, Kahr PM9.
Good luck to all those still waiting!
My troubleshooting sense tells me the holdup was at the state since he appears to have made it happen.
If it made it through the FRBs process, why would you have to wait "another week or so"? It seems to me it was being held up and this FRB guy just put it into the "ready to print and ship" queue, which should take a "week or so" to complete.

Got mine in the mail today
- End of July I called and made my appointment with Boston PD to apply
- Aug. 27, applyed for LTC
- Sep. 21, Moon Island test
- Oct. 6, recieved license in the mail. 5 weeks, 5 days from date of application.

When I applyed at BPD the licensing officer told me that if I didn't receive my license by mid Oct. to call for an update. I honestly didn't expect it until the end of the month. So I was presently surprised to find it in the mail today, the first week of the month.

My troubleshooting sense tells me the holdup was at the state since he appears to have made it happen.
If it made it through the FRBs process, why would you have to wait "another week or so"? It seems to me it was being held up and this FRB guy just put it into the "ready to print and ship" queue, which should take a "week or so" to complete.

I can assure you that's not the case. The FRB did nothing wrong (except ignore my first 3 calls by brushing me off.)
This last guy I dealt with made things happen. I have a feeling the application process was almost complete and he did what was necessary to help me to the finish line. [wink]

I just received my ltc-a from Charlton, they do all there ltc apps 1 day a month I did my app and prints on August 7 had it in hand 7 weeks later. No complaints it all went fairly easy.

Back
Top Bottom