How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Does anyone who is still waiting like me feel like, these cities are waiting for some sort of new gun laws to get pushed through so that it becomes even harder in mass to obtain an ltc?

I just feel like something is brewing, because everett used to process in 5 months, now they just flat out are not.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

That sounds like something I would say. Most likely reason is enough anti 2a types in p.d. and local gov that this type of abuse is allowed to go on. Ive been following your story, I feel for you. Hope itgets straightened out asap and you get a big fat check out of the city to top it off. Some court ordered 2a re education for chief, l.o. , mayor, councilmen, etc would be nice too.

Denied on a misdemeanor with a 2.5 year maximum sentence.
this was a 1983 charge pd $125. 5 years after in 1988 Attleboro gave me the license
been active and renewed ever since.
Zero Activity on CORI since 1983.
All the details i really can give.....

so you have been a lawful respectful citizen of MA for the last 24 years...with a gun! And, after all these years you are suddenly denied? So, suddenly you are a threat to society? WTF. Lawyer up. That is crap if you are being 100% truthful.

That sounds like something I would say. Most likely reason is enough anti 2a types in p.d. and local gov that this type of abuse is allowed to go on. Ive been following your story, I feel for you. Hope itgets straightened out asap and you get a big fat check out of the city to top it off. Some court ordered 2a re education for chief, l.o. , mayor, councilmen, etc would be nice too.

Thanks man, ill definitely keep everyone who has seen my plight know when this comes to an end.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

My timeline in Boston:

Day 0: Interview (scheduled 37 days prior)
Day 83: Moon Island Appointment (first available)
Day 103: License Issued
Day 114: License Received in Mail (Class A, Target and Hunting restrictions)

i have the CORI in hand I even dug up most of the 24 years of expired licenses.

I wish i was lying.. and yes I have Lawyer-ed up

Quincy, around 15 weeks total

Family member made appointment, took about 7 weeks for date of interview. Went it printed and interviewed (fill out the e-app basically), said the female doing it was very nice, she explained the laws, etc.

License in hand exactly 8 weeks from the date of interview.

25 years old, restrictions: none

Took 7 months for mine from start to finish...however, I put in for Class A no restrictions and it was mailed to the PD as class A target and sporting. You can imagine the frustration after waiting 7 months. I was so happy walking into that Police Station knowing the license is good for 6 years! The PD said it must have been a clerical error and resubmitted it to the state to mail out the correct one. They said two weeks. Wait number two begins...after already waiting 7 months. At least I was able to bring my guns home, still can't carry with that crappy restriction so its basically useless. After living in NH for 5 years, this state is very much the opposite of New Hampshire. If you live on the border of Salisbury, MA or Seabrook NH the gun laws should be the same. They should be the same for all 50 states. Why aren't they...?

This is not the fault of your local police department. You can thank the legislature for this one. Appearing before the FLRB (Firearms Licensing Review Board), a motion for a new trial or a pardon are possible remedies.

I know your my Attorney........................... To funny

Took 7 months for mine from start to finish...however, I put in for Class A no restrictions and it was mailed to the PD as class A target and sporting. You can imagine the frustration after waiting 7 months. I was so happy walking into that Police Station knowing the license is good for 6 years! The PD said it must have been a clerical error and resubmitted it to the state to mail out the correct one. They said two weeks. Wait number two begins...after already waiting 7 months. At least I was able to bring my guns home, still can't carry with that crappy restriction so its basically useless. After living in NH for 5 years, this state is very much the opposite of New Hampshire. If you live on the border of Salisbury, MA or Seabrook NH the gun laws should be the same. They should be the same for all 50 states. Why aren't they...?

Why did you wait until you got your LTC to bring your guns in?
MA law has a carve out for just that situation. You move in, you bring them with you, you apply in a timely manner and you are fine.

MA law has a carve out for just that situation. You move in, you bring them with you, you apply in a timely manner and you are fine.

from what i understand, you have a 90 grace period after your license expires where you are able to keep your guns. after the 90 days you better get rid of them until your license comes in or its a felony. thats what i did, after my 3 month grace period i gave my guns to a friend for an additional 4 months until my license was in hand. correct me if i'm wrong please...

Fact. 60 day exemption.

I called FRB and asked what happens if my issuing authority took longer than the statutorily mandated 40 days, they said that I should just keep the guns in my house and there wouldn't be a problem.

I'll try to find a citation tonight. In the mean time, if anyone has easy access to it, I'd appreciate the cite.

Don

Pretty sure NES will throw a party when you finally receive your LTC. I still can't believe you haven't heard a word about it yet, and you haven't even been bugging them. You have more patience than I could ever have. But in their eyes, they probably think an eager person waiting for his LTC has malice intent. [thinking]

Yea well im sure they think everyone applying has malicious intent, because they havent done anyones in the past year. I havent seen anyone post on NES that they have recieved there ltc in everett in the past year.

Andre

Fact. 60 day exemption.

I called FRB and asked what happens if my issuing authority took longer than the statutorily mandated 40 days, they said that I should just keep the guns in my house and there wouldn't be a problem.

The FRB's advice notwithstanding, on the 61st day, possession becomes illegal.

I'll try to find a citation tonight. In the mean time, if anyone has easy access to it, I'd appreciate the cite.

Here ya go...

MGL 140-129C said:
No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess any firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B.

>snip<

The provisions of this section shall not apply to the following exempted persons and uses:

>snip<

(j) Any resident of the commonwealth returning after having been absent from the commonwealth for not less than 180 consecutive days or any new resident moving into the commonwealth, with respect to any firearm, rifle or shotgun and any ammunition therefor then in his possession, for 60 days after such return or entry into the commonwealth;

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129C

Thanks for the cite.

You have 60 days, not 90 to receive the license upon moving in
Uh, that's what I said

Applied in Westfield on 9/6 got my unrestricted LTC-A today (9/25) as a 21 year old. It sure is nice to live in a green city! [smile]

This is how long the process actually take , people. Get your heads out of the sand and admit to yourselves that you are being LIED to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom