How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

A buddy of mine has been waiting since October 2011!!! Everett MA

Hey graham,

You should get your buddy on NES. including myself theres 4 of us here from everett that are still waiting. Im at 10 months and ive spoken with guys whos wait times range from 1 month to 10 as well.

Amazing how this city just gets away with it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

It is terrible to hear how long it is taking some of you to get your LTC.

I hate posting this right after some of these horror stories, but my complete process in Randolph took just shy of 9 weeks from the initial call. I have a clean record here and everywhere else I've lived.

7/19 - Called PD and scheduled interview
8/8 - Interview and prints
9/17 - LTC in the mail

It is amazing how different the experiences can be from town to town. The chief in my city was a great guy and overall the department handled everything professionally and most importantly, in a timely manner.

Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
I am expecting my LTC in the mail as mentioned above, but I still don't have a clue which type. I'm hoping for LTC-A No Restrictions, but based on some of your wait times, just happy to get anything to be honest.

I am gonna be on edge until it comes in the mail this week and my wallet is already crying.

I am expecting my LTC in the mail as mentioned above, but I still don't have a clue which type. I'm hoping for LTC-A No Restrictions, but based on some of your wait times, just happy to get anything to be honest.

I am gonna be on edge until it comes in the mail this week and my wallet is already crying.

MA has won again. Brainwashing sequence initialized.

It is terrible to hear how long it is taking some of you to get your LTC.

I hate posting this right after some of these horror stories, but my complete process in Randolph took just shy of 9 weeks from the initial call. I have a clean record here and everywhere else I've lived.

7/19 - Called PD and scheduled interview
8/8 - Interview and prints
9/17 - LTC in the mail

It is amazing how different the experiences can be from town to town. The chief in my city was a great guy and overall the department handled everything professionally and most importantly, in a timely manner.

Best of luck everyone!
I interviewed/applied the same day. I haven't heard anything from the LO, but I did call and leave a message today. Oh, and I know I'm getting a "Sport + Target" restriction. woot woot

Just got the call from the local pd, my license is in! Sweet victory... Applied/Interviewed August 8. Going in to pick it up today.
ETA
Town (oops): Waltham

Last edited:
At least they are up front with you. Part of me would rather that than being lied to about a ridiculous delay. We almost bought a house in Waltham this spring.
Certain parts of Waltham are nice, and I'm glad I didn't get effd with a 10 month wait time. But yeah, all first LTC are going to be restricted "sport + target" according to the Waltham PD unless there is some extenuating circumstance. Did you buy a house somewhere close the Waltham?

I keep reading your name in this thread, have you received your LTC yet? And what town are you from?

not yet. 7 weeks yesterday in a very green town in central MA. i am not upset, nice PD and great town. BUT, i am so frustrated at the process. i would rather not say the town until i get it. i know, i know. ;-)

Got LTC in mail today ( first time app ) Class A, restrictions- none. Im in Danvers.

Dropped off paper app - May 21.

Got call back - May 24 ish.

Interview - July 10 . In and out in 15 min.

Check cashed by town - Aug 20.

LTC in hand - Sept 18.

71 days from interview, 121 days from dropping off app at p.d.

Got LTC in mail today ( first time app ) Class A, restrictions- none. Im in Danvers.

LTC in hand - Sept 18.

Yup Danvers is a pretty red town. I only know that they restrict first time LTC holders. [rolleyes]

My wife has been waiting for >90 days so far (Westford) for new application. Applied 12-Jun-12. Latest reason is paperwork mess up and overwhelmed in applications. They say paperwork fixed now and it will be another 2-3 weeks.

LTC in hand - Sept 18.

Yup Danvers is a pretty red town. I only know that they restrict first time LTC holders. [rolleyes]

Is my sarcasm meter broken, or did you miss that he got an unrestricted LTC-A? [laugh]

sarcasm01.jpg

Not to defend the PD, IDK what town you live in, but especially for new applicants it takes time unfortunately because of getting prints check back from MSP, DMH check etc. I work for the PD were I got mine and it still took 2.5 months

i would not mind so much, BUT, people around me applied at the same time (surrounding towns) and already received their LTC. so, it is NOT the state. also, they told me 4 weeks. i called once and got attitude.

Not to defend the PD, IDK what town you live in, but especially for new applicants it takes time unfortunately because of getting prints check back from MSP, DMH check etc. I work for the PD were I got mine and it still took 2.5 months

ALL those checks are the same for a renewal. Only difference is that the PD doesn't do a 10-print card for renewals, but then MSP has to dig the card out of their files to submit for the AFIS check anyway.

Basically the time to process a new or a renewal shouldn't differ. What individual PDs do however is another story, but if they just submit them as received and process results as received there shouldn't be any difference.

i would not mind so much, BUT, people around me applied at the same time (surrounding towns) and already received their LTC. so, it is NOT the state. also, they told me 4 weeks. i called once and got attitude.

I couldnt agree with you more, it is definitely not the state, when there are currently cities issuing licenses in 3 to 6 weeks.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom