How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Anyone have any recent experience with Ashland ? I'm at 14 weeks and counting . I called 3 weeks ago and was told they were waiting on the state

It sounds like Pittsfield is heading in the right direction. 6-9 months ago they were taking 100+ days. Congrats to both of you!

Thanks Todd. By any chance do you happen to know of any shops that rent pistol so that you can try them out before purchase in Western Mass?

Plymouth, one month wait for interview, pic, fingerprinting.............then 90 days exactly til license., = 4 months total

I just picked up my LTC-A in Springfield on Friday. Restricted of course. I initially dropped off the application on June 11th when I was also photographed and fingerprinted. I emailed then July 21st after never hearing anything from them. Got a call from the deputy chief the next day. Traded voice mails back and forth for a while. He approved it on Aug 6th and I got the card in the mail Sept 1st. Just shy of the 3 months they originally stated. Good luck to the rest of you waiting.

I'm on day 114 since interview/fingerprints.....stopped in 8 days ago and was told "it can take a LONG time" and was sent on my way.
And I used to have a LTC but let it expire 5 years ago.....dumb, I know. PERFECTLY clean record, and I live in a small rural town. Ugh.....

I'm on day 114 since interview/fingerprints.....stopped in 8 days ago and was told "it can take a LONG time" and was sent on my way.
And I used to have a LTC but let it expire 5 years ago.....dumb, I know. PERFECTLY clean record, and I live in a small rural town. Ugh.....

Sounds like everett

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Just received my neutered LTC A from Medford. Started the whole process on april 3rd. figures I blew through my gun fund while waiting, damn you beer and golf!

Just received my neutered LTC A from Medford. Started the whole process on april 3rd. figures I blew through my gun fund while waiting, damn you beer and golf!
Congrats man! Sucks that now everett has the worst wait time in mass

After nearly 5 months it finally came in the mail today. Though to be fair, there was an error by me on the paperwork which caused some delays. The LEO here in Taunton was very nice and after a conversation helped push my app through even with my mistake.

Now it is time to go shopping!

Chief called me back after 3 days sincei left the voicemail. Anyways, I am at 4 months and he told me it'll be another month to TWO more months before it comes. He blamed everything on the state.
I mentioned that there's a website where thousands of people tell how long it takes and that literally hundreds of people who applied 2 months after I did already have their permit in hand. He said different towns take different times depending on who from "the state" reviews your application. [rolleyes] whatever, I give up!

Chief called me back after 3 days sincei left the voicemail. Anyways, I am at 4 months and he told me it'll be another month to TWO more months before it comes. He blamed everything on the state.
I mentioned that there's a website where thousands of people tell how long it takes and that literally hundreds of people who applied 2 months after I did already have their permit in hand. He said different towns take different times depending on who from "the state" reviews your application. [rolleyes] whatever, I give up!

Where's my hip-waders? I'm about to drown in that line of BS! [sad]

Sad, truly sad!

Originally Posted by Bedlam Bikes

Where's my hip-waders? I'm about to drown in that line of BS! [sad]

Sad, truly sad!
Aint that the truth Len, Ive been hearing that song and dance for 10 months now. It is definitely not the state, when you get into the multiple months.

I'm in 13 weeks. Was told (as I stated previously) that it takes now on average 10 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom