How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

So I've been waiting for 4 months now since my application in Beverly, and that's after waiting 3 months for my initial appointment to apply. Do I correctly understand that MA law requires the PD to respond within 40 days? Is there any way to impose on them to abide by that, or can they just arbitrarily deny my application if I become too annoying? Has anyone brought a lawyer into the process in this situation? What did that cost?

So I've been waiting for 4 months now since my application in Beverly, and that's after waiting 3 months for my initial appointment to apply. Do I correctly understand that MA law requires the PD to respond within 40 days? Is there any way to impose on them to abide by that, or can they just arbitrarily deny my application if I become too annoying? Has anyone brought a lawyer into the process in this situation? What did that cost?

Lots of members use a lawyer to expedite the process.

Jesse Cohen (who posts here) has never gotten anything but rave reviews. http://www.attorneycohen.com/

Keith Langer (who formerly posted here) has also been praised by many of his clients here. http://kglangerlaw.com/

A good friend of mine from Beverly is going to be very unhappy to hear this

Do you have any good friends from everett, because sept 9th makes 10 months for me.... :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
I do happen to know someone from Everett, but he is most certainly not going to get a LTC/FID (not anti-2A, but not eligible)

Danvers, Ma.

Days Description
0 License Application dropped off at DPD
8 Received call from LO to schedule interview
63 LTC Interview
130 License Received (LTC-A Unrestricted)

Last edited:
My friend is up to 10 months now in Acushnet. No matter how hard I try, I cannot convince him to call Jesse Cohen or his reps. He is so afraid the licensing officer will screw him if he does.

Good luck to your buddy if hes in a town like mine, im at 10 months right now. Other than the guys i have talked to from my city who are still waiting, your friend, is the only other person i have heard of waiting this long.

I have gone through all the channels i can trying to get answers, and i have come to the conclusion, when a town doesnt want to process an application they just dont, and no one will hold them over the coals, the pd is still in charge.

Hopefully im out of my city in a month or so because i have given up. Good luck to your friend.

Good luck to your buddy if hes in a town like mine, im at 10 months right now. Other than the guys i have talked to from my city who are still waiting, your friend, is the only other person i have heard of waiting this long.

I have gone through all the channels i can trying to get answers, and i have come to the conclusion, when a town doesnt want to process an application they just dont, and no one will hold them over the coals, the pd is still in charge.

Hopefully im out of my city in a month or so because i have given up. Good luck to your friend.

Which begs the question... Can you cancel an in-process application and start a new one from your new town?

Which begs the question... Can you cancel an in-process application and start a new one from your new town?

True. I've never heard of anyone doing this, I don't think you could because supposedly you said your license is still being reviewed by the state, which would eventually be sent back to your city. Not saying I believe any of what they tell you, but something isn't adding up. Have you ever had like a DUI or anything you think was thrown away that could be getting in the way? This is making me scratch my head.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

True. I've never heard of anyone doing this, I don't think you could because supposedly you said your license is still being reviewed by the state, which would eventually be sent back to your city. Not saying I believe any of what they tell you, but something isn't adding up. Have you ever had like a DUI or anything you think was thrown away that could be getting in the way? This is making me scratch my head.

I have nothing on my record and i know this is the first time you have asked me about having something on my record, but its not the first time ive been asked.

I asked to cancel my application and get my money back and i was told by the LO i can not get my money back.

Im not here to complain anymore about my situation i was just offering a bit of sympathy to the friend of a NESR.

Oh , yeah it sucks and I feel bad you have to go through this. I knew you wouldn't get your money back, that's typical government bullshit for ya. Get out while you can , another town will treat you like a human being and not deny you your rights. Good luck. Just don't move to a red town!

Oh , yeah it sucks and I feel bad you have to go through this. I knew you wouldn't get your money back, that's typical government bullshit for ya. Get out while you can , another town will treat you like a human being and not deny you your rights. Good luck. Just don't move to a red town!

If everything goes right ill be a burlington resident in a couple months.

Im hearing 3 week wait times.

Okay, so here's my Pittsfield timeline:

Application/interview (told I'd be receiving no restrictions): June 7
Call from Sue mentioning small issue, but saying it was resolved and she selected approved in MIRCS: August 8 (62 days)
LTC printed: August 22 (76 days)
LTC in hand (no restrictions): August 30 (84 days)

So all in all, twice the time they were required by law to have it to me, but only 1.5 times the time if you count when I was told I was approved. The most painful part was waiting for the license to arrive after the call on 8/8 (actually the painful part is yet to come - the part where I lose all my savings).

62 days in Pittsfield

It sounds like Pittsfield is heading in the right direction. 6-9 months ago they were taking 100+ days. Congrats to both of you!

I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it was back in 1973 so I guess it doesn't much matter at this point. lol

Back
Top Bottom