How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

LOL yeah i know just not the hounding type I kinda go with the flow, was told 2-3 months until id get the call, just seems unreasonable, when some people get thiers in 2-3 weeks

When you read the flow chart I posted (sticky), you can see that anything more than 4-5 weeks (assuming a clean record) is quite unreasonable.

Unless applicants are willing to "stir the pot" by complaining to their elected officials, nothing will change in those cities/towns that abuse their authority. It's really that simple.

Yeah i read the flow chart and was thinking the same thing that this wait is too long. Just wake up everyday going this might be the day and seeing that the FRB is doing applications that were submitted to them the forth week of FEB. Feel like a month in the PD is Deff long enough time for all the other checks they have to do.

At what point in the process does the PD generally cash the check? I'm at 6 weeks now since fingerprinting, etc. and the check has not been cashed..... I was told I should have the LTC in my mailbox in 8-10 weeks.

At what point in the process does the PD generally cash the check? I'm at 6 weeks now since fingerprinting, etc. and the check has not been cashed..... I was told I should have the LTC in my mailbox in 8-10 weeks.

My guess is the first thing they do is cash your check. You might want to give them a call.

PDs don't cash any checks. All payments must be sent to the city/town treasurer, who then deposits the money.

May sound like a nit, but the reason I stated this is that the check goes thru multiple hands/offices before it goes to the bank.

Some cities/towns may deposit the money every few days, where others may take a month or more. I'm sure that in some cases, the chiefs hang onto the checks until they are about to issue the LTC.

So the answer is it is "variable" and not something that provides info on when you might expect your LTC.

It appears to be impossible to get a hold of the guy in Medford and the officers at the front desk aren't much help as far as this goes. I hand delivered a letter to the desk on Friday addressed to the licensing officer. I'll keep the thread updated whether he gets back to me.

UPDATE:
I waited a total of 6 months in Medford when I finally gave up on leaving messages and sending letters to the licensing officer. I wrote a letter to my state reps and sent it in the mail on Monday (3/12), got an email from a staffer from my state senator on Wednesday (3/14), he pestered the Medford Chief of Police on my behalf, who then emailed me to apologize Wednesday afternoon, I got a call from the licensing officer on Thursday (3/15) and met with him that same day. He was very nice and apologetic. Both he and the Chief said they are under staffed and way behind. The licensing officer took me through the process and said he would send it out the following day. Provided everything checks out on my application he said I should get my LTC unrestricted in about a month via mail.

Those 6 months were crazy, but now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I am itching to go shopping at FourSeasons...

UPDATE:
I waited a total of 6 months in Medford when I finally gave up on leaving messages and sending letters to the licensing officer. I wrote a letter to my state reps and sent it in the mail on Monday (3/12), got an email from a staffer from my state senator on Wednesday (3/14), he pestered the Medford Chief of Police on my behalf, who then emailed me to apologize Wednesday afternoon, I got a call from the licensing officer on Thursday (3/15) and met with him that same day. He was very nice and apologetic. Both he and the Chief said they are under staffed and way behind. The licensing officer took me through the process and said he would send it out the following day. Provided everything checks out on my application he said I should get my LTC unrestricted in about a month via mail.

Those 6 months were crazy, but now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I am itching to go shopping at FourSeasons...

See folks. This is what it takes in some towns. And it gets results!

+1 Rep to this person for standing up for his rights!

LOL yeah i know just not the hounding type I kinda go with the flow, was told 2-3 months untill id get the call, just seems unreasonable, when some people get thiers in 2-3 weeks

2-3 months is really unreasonable from the sticky that lens posted id say 4 months the latest it should take the pd to get the app to the frb once at the frb it isn't too bad because you can track it on the dcjis site(from my experience it was accurate).

I have somewhat of an odd question about the check. I gave the PD a money order, the lady over the phone had said it was alright, and when I had called back (two times) no one was really able to give me an answer other than it should be fine and they didn’t see an issue as long as it wasn’t cash. I have a checking account but don’t have checks so I couldn’t really write them one, didn’t think until after that I could have just gotten a check from someone else. This was also the first time I’ve used a money order for anything so I'm really unfamiliar with how it works (yeah I know this is stuff I should know, but I do all my banking online. Yes when the Sasquatch Zombie apocalypse happens I will be in trouble). Has anyone used a money order for this or know anyone that has? Thanks.

I have somewhat of an odd question about the check. I gave the PD a money order, the lady over the phone had said it was alright, and when I had called back (two times) no one was really able to give me an answer other than it should be fine and they didn’t see an issue as long as it wasn’t cash. I have a checking account but don’t have checks so I couldn’t really write them one, didn’t think until after that I could have just gotten a check from someone else. This was also the first time I’ve used a money order for anything so I'm really unfamiliar with how it works (yeah I know this is stuff I should know, but I do all my banking online. Yes when the Sasquatch Zombie apocalypse happens I will be in trouble). Has anyone used a money order for this or know anyone that has? Thanks.

Yea I paid with a money order from my bank its no problem.

Good Luck to all who are waiting. I know its not fun.
Just got mine yesterday.. Hand delivered.. was nice to see the uniform at the door with it in hand...
Applied on Jan 16th
prints & pics Jan 25th
LTC no restrictions issued Mar 12
In hand Mar 16th

Message on the Leominster PD's voicemail (paraphrasing):

"Licenses submitted between Jan 1 - Feb 3 have been approved and submitted to the state for printing. Based on the schedule given by the state, they are due to be printed the week of March 19th. This process can take up to 3 weeks."

This means one of two things depending on how you interpret the message:

1. They submitted the apps between Feb 27-March 3 and will actually be processed by the FRB this week (based on the DCJIS website's schedule).
  2. They just submitted the apps today and I should expect to wait another 3 full weeks to go through the FRB process. Hopefully not...

According to the DCJIS website:
As of March 19, 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments in the first week of March (February 27th - March 3rd).

Just received my license in Pittsfield, Class A LTC unrestricted. It took 91 days.

My hopes are UP! It's 99 days for me today, I gotta be in that same batch.

Any word on tdubbs? He was about 4 weeks ahead of me. He's either mad as hell or been at the range for the last month.

In lovely everett ma, started my search the licensing officer sept. 19th 2011. Met and interviewed with him nov. 9th 2011. And here i am mar. 22 2012, still no permit. Still being told its in the process.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

In lovely everett ma, started my search the licensing officer sept. 19th 2011. Met and interviewed with him nov. 9th 2011. And here i am mar. 22 2012, still no permit. Still being told its in the process.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

What??? You've waited this long? You should probably contact your local rep for help!!! ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom